Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Lightroom Classic missing Import button - Not solved by reinstalling Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried LRC ver 11.1 as hneryl suggested and it works.

ASUS TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS with which BIOS version? on Ventura? which sysdef?
It is on Ventura , bios ver 2013, and iMacpro1,1 ( also I tried iMacpro7,1 was the same issue)

I tried LRC ver 11.1 as hneryl suggested and it works.
I have all my catalogs already on v.12 ... I could never have gone back to v. 11 nowadays!

Anyway I'm prone to think it's an Adobe problem and not a Mac/Hack problem... so all the users who have such an issue should call Adobe and ask for support. And then report back here, cause it could be useful to many others.

I have all my catalogs already on v.12 ... I could never have gone back to v. 11 nowadays!
Exactly this. I hate this, bc v12 is so much better on batch editing and many more. I have two production computers and I can't use both with same catalogs.

What I can tell from community feedback on adobe that this happens on real Macs as well. I just don't know if it's more related on hackintoshing or general adobe bug. I've made two bug reports to adobe about this but both times the ticket was reduced to a lower level problem. I've been fighting this uphill battle for almost a year now :D

The ethernet point from @moomshooter is a golden one. Need to dig into that - I've had the eth port to be disabled from bios and with out anything on config - bc I use the 10gb tb nic. - Could be a good thing to try and enable the port and have it configured properly - and see what happens.

@brixx @hneryi @Azimuth1 @Hacintosh2015

I've probably looked at the hack hardwares in your Profile, and the hackintosh that are having this problem with LRC basically have an i-225V onboard NIC
Absolutely yes! Some months ago I tryed to have my 225 working following this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...k-amd-rx-6800-xt.317179/page-178#post-2331185

As I added this to my config, Lr stopped working!

"Enabling AppleVTD requires the following (every single item below is necessary):
  1. Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> check off (affects macOS only)
  2. ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> check on (affects all operating systems)
  3. ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> check on (affects all operating systems)"
I went back to my backup EFI and Lr was again working. So it definitely must be something VTD related! But, for me, till 12.6.1 all was working, with no 225 but an USB ethernet controller. As I updated to Ventura I had this problem (also with my old 0.8.4 working EFI), tried fresh Monterey install, same EFI previously working, Lr doesn't work! So for me it must be something in those latest OS updates (12.6.2/ 13.1)

I'm on MacOS 12.6.2 myself and I don't have any problem. LrC 12.1 here with iMacPro1,1 and OC 0.8.5 at the moment. Everything is working so far.

At this point if you have a paid version of Adobe LrC and PS , why don't simply contact the Adobe support? If everything is working fine expect LrC it's most likely an Adobe's problem.
Could you please share your config? Many thanks!

On my z690-i hack, when the OS is Big Sur, Monterey, if I add the device-id F3158680 to the I225-V in the DeviceProperties of the OC config then the LRC will work properly, If not, the LRC will not work.

However, in Ventura Apple has removed AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, so in addition to the above, I need to add AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext to the OC/Kext folder and add e1000=0 to boot-args, so that the LRC will work under Ventura。
Could you also share your working config? Many thanks

yer a wizard @moomshooter ! Thank you!

So in summary. The I225-V does indeed need vt-d to not mess with applevtd (or at least LRC needs it). You can fix you'r tables or if you don't want to hassle seems like just enabling the ethernet properly on Mac OS will do as well.

What I did (moomshooters advice) -
Enabled LAN in bios - check the device path of the I225-V (Hackintool is good for that). Added the device path to OC/Config/DeviceProperties and added device-id data F3158680. Added AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext (attached here) to OC structure and added e1000=0 to boot-args. Cleaned NVRAM (don't know if needed) and booted.

LRC 12.1 works again like a charm.

Attachments

• AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext.zip
    158.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Näyttökuva 2022-12-22 kello 0.47.27.png
    Näyttökuva 2022-12-22 kello 0.47.27.png
    152.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back