Contribute
Register

Lepus48's Asus Strix Z370-F, with i7-8700k / RX 570 / 2x 4k Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Lepus,

Have almost the exact build you used. Was able to get everything running using Intel graphics, but, having an issue with the MSI RX. OSX sees the card but I just can't get video to it. System seems to recognize it when I plug it in also, just no video. I am using older Dell monitors that only have vga and dvi, could that be the issue?

I haven't seen anything like that personally, but maybe. If you have a HDMI TV, you could try connecting the RX to it to see if thats the issue.

I got my onboard audio to work after my last post update, but I'm not sure exactly what sequence did it :)

I think the issue is probably resolved in the latest Multibeast update in any case -

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/multibeast-10-3-update.251336/

- Changed Drivers Audio → Realtek ALCxxx behavior to enforce that codecs cannot be chosen at the same time as Audio Support and/or Audio Device ID Patch. Codec installation must be done after installing Audio Support and/or Audio Device ID Patch.

My guess is that if you use the new Multibeast and load the drivers as described above it will work.
I was able to get it to work using Clover Configurator - injected the audio #

I haven't seen anything like that personally, but maybe. If you have a HDMI TV, you could try connecting the RX to it to see if thats the issue.
Thanks for the response, after trying a few things including turning the Intel off, with PastryChef's help I have the RX working on 2 monitors. No Intel on board but I dont need it.

Updated for 10.13.4: Switch to iMac 14,2 and use onboard audio.

After you switch to 14,2 did you still use (ALC1220A)? or use a different one, let me know! I brought the audio usb plugin for the meantime. I'm having a static noise problem. In addition, whenever you restart your computer does it log off your iCloud?

Updated for 10.13.4: Switch to iMac 14,2 and use onboard audio.

After you switch to 14,2 did you still use (ALC1220A)? or use a different one, let me know! I brought the audio usb plugin for the meantime. I'm having a static noise problem. In addition, whenever you restart your computer does it log off your iCloud?

No problems with iCloud. Are you using Clover with emulated NVRAM? I think NVRAM is broken for this board and that emulated NVRAM is necessary. Try enabling it - either by installing the clover version with it (see downloads), or re-running multi-beast with the emulated NVRAM option checked.

Regarding audio, below is what I said a few posts back in the thread. I still think its accurate, but don't have a good way of testing, without reinstalling to find out -

I got my onboard audio to work after my last post update, but I'm not sure exactly what sequence did it :)

I think the issue is probably resolved in the latest Multibeast update in any case -

- Changed Drivers Audio → Realtek ALCxxx behavior to enforce that codecs cannot be chosen at the same time as Audio Support and/or Audio Device ID Patch. Codec installation must be done after installing Audio Support and/or Audio Device ID Patch.

Thanks for your reply! No, I am using MultiBeast. I got it resolved regarding to iCloud. I was able to fix my audio issue. However I'm getting a static noise that I'm still trying to resolve. Glad to hear you got your computer running. If you know any issue about static that would be great! I am using the MultiBeast ALC1220A, and it has a static noise :/. I will try that MultiBeast with the link you provided!

No problems with iCloud. Are you using Clover with emulated NVRAM? I think NVRAM is broken for this board and that emulated NVRAM is necessary. Try enabling it - either by installing the clover version with it (see downloads), or re-running multi-beast with the emulated NVRAM option checked.

Regarding audio, below is what I said a few posts back in the thread. I still think its accurate, but don't have a good way of testing, without reinstalling to find out -

Thanks for your reply! No, I am using MultiBeast. I got it resolved regarding to iCloud. I was able to fix my audio issue. However I'm getting a static noise that I'm still trying to resolve. Glad to hear you got your computer running. If you know any issue about static that would be great! I am using the MultiBeast ALC1220A, and it has a static noise :/. I will try that MultiBeast with the link you provided!

I updated to 10.13.5 today and lost audio. I got it back by:
  1. Run Multibeast and select:
    1. 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support
    2. 200 / Z370 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Patch
  2. Build -> Install
  3. Reboot
  4. Run Multibeast again and select:
    1. ALC1220A (ASUS ROG STRIX Only)
  5. Reboot again
Updating the OP.

Last edited:
try

Attachments

• Kext CLOVER.zip
    755.6 KB · Views: 140
Hi guys. I have this board paired with an i7-8700K, running 10.13.5. Things work flawlessly. But I notice that the rear fan of my case doesn't spin in macOS. The fan is connect to the CHA_FAN2 header on the board. It does spin when I start to boot, but stop when log in to macOS, despite I changed the fan curve in BIOS. Other fans seem to work just fine. Anyone know what to fix?

I don't have that problem, but just checked my board and see that I'm using CHA_FAN1 and CPU_OPT for my case fans. Unusual that I selected CPU_OPT, maybe CHA_FAN2 didn't work? I can't remember.

Can you try using CHA_FAN1 & CPU_OPT for your case fans and see how that goes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back