Contribute
Register

Lepus48's Asus Strix Z370-F, with i7-8700k / RX 570 / 2x 4k Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any body been able to get sound working on Mojave upgraded from High Sierra with the Asus ROG STRIX Z370-F?

I tried for like a month and nothing, was forced to buy usb audio, only issue is Virtual Windows will get no sound then.
Sound works on my Tuf mk2 but I had to change the ID from 1 to 99 and use AppleHDA, you could try that it might work if your board has same audio chipset.

Sound works on my Tuf mk2 but I had to change the ID from 1 to 99 and use AppleHDA, you could try that it might work if your board has same audio chipset.

Thanks NOPE, I have the ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A, you have the Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC

Thanks for this Thread, it was the right motivation to start my Hackintosh career again, many years after using some MSI Wind netbook as iOS development station (the good old days...).

I use
  • Asus Z370-F
  • i5-8700
  • 1060 with 2x fhd screens

I just wanted to drop my notes on this, maybe some day someone finds it useful.

• RAM position is important. I did not read this carefully enough and nearly ripped my hair of...
  • Use USB 2.0 ports if available. My case has some front facing ports that worked great. If I knew this before, I would not need to buy this shiny USB 3 stick...
  • Copy the apfs(?) driver from the created USB stick into the UEFI Clover folder on the disk. Otherwise, I was not able to boot form my NVMe SSD
  • Someone mad some nice Nvidia tool for my graphics card: https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh - it saves time understanding how these driver patching stuff works...
Audio is somehow not working for me, but i think i have some USB soundcard laying around somewhere. If it works out fo the box, i won't investigate further into that.

That's it, my 2 cents.

Greetings
Max

Hi.. First of all thanks for the Thread. It really helped me to install my first system.

I followed every step you showed here, and everything runs smoothly but for one small issue.
Sleep is not working properly. Every time I put the Hack manually to sleep, it always wakes up automatically within 20 seconds or so. I wonder what I did wrong or what I should do to fix this problem? On another note, whenever the "automatic" wake up happens, my external hard drives get not properly ejected.

Is there any solution to this yet? If so, can anyone here please share or guide me through it. Again, this is my first Hackintosh system. Thank you so much!

Hi, can you wake your hackintosh by Bluetooth devices?

Hi.. First of all thanks for the Thread. It really helped me to install my first system.

I followed every step you showed here, and everything runs smoothly but for one small issue.
Sleep is not working properly. Every time I put the Hack manually to sleep, it always wakes up automatically within 20 seconds or so. I wonder what I did wrong or what I should do to fix this problem? On another note, whenever the "automatic" wake up happens, my external hard drives get not properly ejected.

Is there any solution to this yet? If so, can anyone here please share or guide me through it. Again, this is my first Hackintosh system. Thank you so much!

An update.

After a few days browsing around, I finally found the fix for the automatic wake on sleep, but then one more issue comes up.

"Disk Eject Not Properly" on Wake.
At first, this happens on every single USB Ports I have. So I decided to install the SSDT-USB.aml from Post #1 and change EC0 to EC and H_EC to EC. So far, USB 3.0 and 2.0 Ports seems to be working just fine. I tried Sleep for 30 minutes, and it wakes up without any issues on the External Hard Drives and No "Disk Eject Not Properly" message on Wake..

But the "Eject" issue still happens for USB 3.1 Gen 2, both Type C and A.
After opening and trying to understand the SSDT-USB.aml I decided to check the ports myself. It seems that USB 3.1 Gen 2 Ports are not there inside the SSDT-USB.aml. In fact when I checked the Registry, its actually not located on XHC. Its located in PXSX. Could this be the issue? If so, how should I edit the SSDT-USB.aml according to the Registry shown on the screenshot..?

Attachments

• USB3.1G2.png
    USB3.1G2.png
    59.1 KB · Views: 119
Please share your latest OpenCore EFI for the Asus Z370-F.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back