Contribute
Register

Lepus48's Asus Strix Z370-F, with i7-8700k / RX 570 / 2x 4k Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, why did you upgrade the WiFi? The integrated onboard WiFi isn’t compatible with Hackintosh?

This board doesn't have onboard wifi.

Right, I assumed it would have the same chipset features as its little brother, the ASUS RoG Strix Z370-I.

Was my avatar added to the generic set?

Was my avatar added to the generic set?

Haha - nope! I wanted to change my avatar from the generic squid thingy and good ole' resedit was my first though. Maybe I'll go find a Stuffit Expander icon.

Haha - nope! I wanted to change my avatar from the generic squid thingy and good ole' resedit was my first though. Maybe I'll go find a Stuffit Expander icon.
No worries. I feel better that you know the application it belongs to. ;) Good times...

Nice build. I am in the process of building a Mini ITX with similar specs. Probably redundant question given the date of your post, but you went with High Sierra on this one, correct?
Did you succeed with that? I am struggling with my ASROCK z370m Pro4 board, can't seem to get the audio working at all. I have installed the 892 kext and the series 300 kext, but it detects no audio devices.

Looks like you didn't enable iGPU, this will cause Quick-sync problems and overall GPU performance degradation.
I have this motherboard with an RX580, so i have experience.

Also, Madl0n created a DSDT for me, you can use it aswell, for native sleep and quick APFS booting.

Link for my EFI:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipklorzrdeeg34r/Z370-F 580X.zip?dl=0

HI Mati
Would you be so kind as to upload your refi again - I have same setup as you but can't get USB right. The dropbox link file is not found.
Thanks
Ben

I lost audio after updating to 10.13.4 but everything else went OK. Audio fix in an edit to the OP.

I get the full video card model now in About This Mac. Woohoo.

Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 1.14.56 PM.png

For those brave Souls who want to start fresh with 10.13.4, and a compatible AMD Card, like the RX 580 Pulse 8GB (highly recommended):

- Make your USB Install Stick like described here , BUT, then, before ejecting your fresh Install-Stick, do this
- after Install follow the MultiBeast Steps from Lepus in Post #1 of this thread, but use UEFI Boot Mode without emulated RAM
- IMHO there is no need to install anything graphic-related with the AMD RX 580 (570 may be the same), works OOB for me.
- Sound works also via DisplayPort with this card on my DELL P2715Q.
- with the latest BIOS for the Z370-F i also needed to install the latest Clover from SourceForge to get my disk booting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back