Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z580, El Capitan, and SSDT/DSDT patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want me to apply that patch for you, provide me with your native untouched DSDT as well as any SSDTs you might have and I'll do it for you.

Btw, you'll also need to install RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager.kext with the proper DSDT edit to get your battery status working.

Read post #17.
As far as I can tell, I've followed all the steps as described in the Problem Reporting chapter.
But I do agree with you, this might be a PEBKAC issue.

Please, be more elaborate if I keep overlooking something. I'm doing the best I can to give you all the info you need, but we're obviously not on the same skill level.

As far as I can tell, I've followed all the steps as described in the Problem Reporting chapter.
But I do agree with you, this might be a PEBKAC issue.

If you're referring to post #5, those files show that DSDT.aml was not patched for battery status (and as already noted, not patched with "Brightness Fix" either).

If you want me to apply that patch for you, provide me with your native untouched DSDT as well as any SSDTs you might have and I'll do it for you.

Btw, you'll also need to install RehabMan's ACPIBatteryManager.kext with the proper DSDT edit to get your battery status working.
Thanks, that'd be great. ACPIBatteryManager.kext is already installed, using Kext Wizard. It doesn't show up as "loaded" in that same program after a reboot, though.

Attatched are the (presumably, it's 2 am here) untouched DSDT and SSDT files as output by Patchmagic.
I've tried the F4-trick in Clover, as well as Fn+F4, but it never saved files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. So I guess this is about as vanilla as it gets.

Good night from Europe! ;-)

Attachments

• Patchmatic.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 69
Thanks, that'd be great. ACPIBatteryManager.kext is already installed, using Kext Wizard. It doesn't show up as "loaded" in that same program after a reboot, though.

Attatched are the (presumably, it's 2 am here) untouched DSDT and SSDT files as output by Patchmagic.
I've tried the F4-trick in Clover, as well as Fn+F4, but it never saved files in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. So I guess this is about as vanilla as it gets.

Good night from Europe! ;-)

Patchmatic does not provide "untouched" ACPI files. Read the guide for the correct way to get native files (Clover F4):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Yeah exactly, patchmatic only gives you the currently loaded DSDT from Clover, it's not what we're looking for to patch.
In Clover GUI, Press F4 (or Fn + F4), wait a little as it will freeze for some moments while it dumps your ACPI files, boot OS X and your DSDT/SSDT(s) should be in ACPI/origin.
Upload the folder here and I'll apply the patches you need.

Sorry about leaving a few days of silence, I was very busy with outside broadcasts.

I've tried the F4 method (and Fn+F4) earlier, but somehow nothing ever gets written to the origin folder.
So I chose a different recommended method: extracting the files with an Ubuntu Live USB drive.

That finally worked! *ecstatic applause*
The absolutely original, vanilla-as-can-be files are attatched.

Thanks to the both of you for coping with me for so long ;-)

Attachments

• tables.zip
    24.7 KB · Views: 59
Sorry about leaving a few days of silence, I was very busy with outside broadcasts.

I've tried the F4 method (and Fn+F4) earlier, but somehow nothing ever gets written to the origin folder.

Make sure EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin exists. If you delete the directory, Clover can't save files there. Always make sure you're checking the EFI that Clover is booting from.

I patched your DSDT with some generic fixes according to the guide here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I'm attaching a compiled .aml DSDT and a disassembled .dsl file that you can use later to apply patches like Audio layout-id because I didn't apply it... No idea what AppleHDA you're using, but for now, test your battery status with the .aml file and ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 84

I'll accept defeat now. Thank you for your time ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back