Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep did work before but now it just causes the computer to shut down.

Either it shuts down or it goes into hibernate mode. (I have Clover in no hibernate mode since I cannot boot back up if it does hibernate).

How can I get it to sleep to work without that weird hibernation state or shutting down? I could honestly live without sleep on this laptop but OS X takes forever to boot up without an SSD.

Sleep did work before but now it just causes the computer to shut down.

Either it shuts down or it goes into hibernate mode. (I have Clover in no hibernate mode since I cannot boot back up if it does hibernate).

Clover cannot stop OS X from going into hibernate mode. It can only ignore a hibernation mode that has already happened (Clover is a bootloader, and is thus out of the picture after the OS has been booted).

You need to disable hibernation from OS X:
Code:
sudo pmset hibernatemode 0

I guess I'm out of luck with the battery percentage (DSDT patching is too advanced to learn to do it myself, applying patches is easy peasy but writing them is another story).

I didn't see a Yoga 2 patch in the repo, unless you recommend me try the Ideapad Yoga 13 battery patches.

I'll give patching the HDA a shot if Mirone from InsanelyMac doesn't give me a hand.

I don't think I'll be able to provide you a complete image of my system since it's against the rules like RehabMan said but I guess I can give you instructions and files so you can do it yourself. I've gotten the Yoga 2 working well with the exception of audio and battery percentage. (FaceTime and iMessage are another issue related to the SMBIOS and the IDs)

It's running very well with graphics, speed stepping (using generated SSDT and patched SSDT for ACPIBacklight), ACPI backlight, sleep, trackpad, keyboard, camera, Touchscreen (Yosemite works pretty well with touch now). WiFi works with external USB only. Intel's 7260 AC/N cards don't work and probably never will and the M.2 slot of the card really limits us recent Lenovo adopters.

UEFI boot entries are also added so I just have Fedora, Yosemite, and Windows 8.1 selectable from the Clover bootloader.

Oh yes, it would be more then enough. As they say - best <put any word here (os in our case)> is one, that you've assembled yourself.

P.S. Sorry for not following you for so long.

Hey there

I am about to hack the 11" inch yoga 2. I was wondering if you had any other resources that got you started beyond this post? Also, how did you get the touchscreen working?

Hey there

I am about to hack the 11" inch yoga 2. I was wondering if you had any other resources that got you started beyond this post? Also, how did you get the touchscreen working?

The Yoga 2 11 is very different from the Yoga 2 13 inch version. Yours uses a Pentium N3520 Bay Trail-M (architecture for tablets and and low-power devices) so I have no idea since most of the guides available are for Sandy/Ivy/Haswell based computers.

My Yoga 2 13 is Haswell-based so things like native power management and back-light patches already existed. I do not know if they exist already or are supported for/by your platform.

The Yoga 2 11 is very different from the Yoga 2 13 inch version. Yours uses a Pentium N3520 Bay Trail-M (architecture for tablets and and low-power devices) so I have no idea since most of the guides available are for Sandy/Ivy/Haswell based computers.

My Yoga 2 13 is Haswell-based so things like native power management and back-light patches already existed. I do not know if they exist already for your platform.

The problem of Pentium/BayTrail is that OS X does not support the graphics natively. It may be possible, but will certainly involve some binary patching. To my knowledge, no one has been successful.

The problem of Pentium/BayTrail is that OS X does not support the graphics natively. It may be possible, but will certainly involve some binary patching. To my knowledge, no one has been successful.

BayTrail uses what...an HD4200? Does the AzulFrambuffer kext not have the corresponding driver for it? It should be in the same category as 4400/4600 right?

BayTrail uses what...an HD4200? Does the AzulFrambuffer kext not have the corresponding driver for it?

I would need the actual CPU model# in order to look up the Intel datasheet for it...

Many of these machines lack an IMEI device, which OS X requires.

I would need the actual CPU model# in order to look up the Intel datasheet for it...

Many of these machines lack an IMEI device, which OS X requires.

I'm not the one with an 11inch Yoga 2, the guy above does I'm just trying to help him out. When I bought my Yoga 2 13 I remember seeing the Yoga 2 11 and it had a Pentium processor. I looked around online just now it it looks like it was right with it being a Pentium N3520. It is Bay Trail-M on the Silvermont architecture or something...I guess it's based on the Ivy Bridge HD Graphics version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back