Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange question - but is it possible somehow to make installer / backup-restore after you are done tuning ?
I think installation from scratch requires huge ammount of work, but I would very much like to try OS X on my Yoga2.

Thanks.

Strange question - but is it possible somehow to make installer / backup-restore after you are done tuning ?

You can use TimeMachine to create a backup (or Disk Utility disk image) to save your installation.

I think installation from scratch requires huge ammount of work, but I would very much like to try OS X on my Yoga2.

You cannot directly use an installation from someone else. Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php.

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Last edited by a moderator:
You need working NVRAM and then it will be saved/restored across reboots.
There is probably an existing patch in the repo already...
From StarLord's profile: Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 13

I guess I'm out of luck with the battery percentage (DSDT patching is too advanced to learn to do it myself, applying patches is easy peasy but writing them is another story).

I didn't see a Yoga 2 patch in the repo, unless you recommend me try the Ideapad Yoga 13 battery patches.

I'll give patching the HDA a shot if Mirone from InsanelyMac doesn't give me a hand.

Thanks.

I don't think I'll be able to provide you a complete image of my system since it's against the rules like RehabMan said but I guess I can give you instructions and files so you can do it yourself. I've gotten the Yoga 2 working well with the exception of audio and battery percentage. (FaceTime and iMessage are another issue related to the SMBIOS and the IDs)

It's running very well with graphics, speed stepping (using generated SSDT and patched SSDT for ACPIBacklight), ACPI backlight, sleep, trackpad, keyboard, camera, Touchscreen (Yosemite works pretty well with touch now). WiFi works with external USB only. Intel's 7260 AC/N cards don't work and probably never will and the M.2 slot of the card really limits us recent Lenovo adopters.

UEFI boot entries are also added so I just have Fedora, Yosemite, and Windows 8.1 selectable from the Clover bootloader.

I guess I'm out of luck with the battery percentage (DSDT patching is too advanced to learn to do it myself, applying patches is easy peasy but writing them is another story).

I didn't see a Yoga 2 patch in the repo, unless you recommend me try the Ideapad Yoga 13 battery patches.

You should try the various patches to see what happens...

Well...I tried the Yoga 13 DSDT patch by StarLord and I guess it worked out fine. I applied the Mutex patch along with the OS Check Fix (Windows 2006) and then used Kext Utility to install your ACPI battery kext.

I think I have all of the issues with this laptop solved. The battery percentage shows up, it shows AC power status, and I restarted into Windows 8.1 to make sure the percentage matched and it did. Mirone did provide me with an ALC235 kext and it works just fine, even the hot keys for volume control/mute work now.

For some reason other keyboard ACPI hot keys started to work as well like turning off the trackpad.

All that is left is to fix iMessage and FaceTime log in along with hiding unnecessary Clover boot entries (random partitions for Lenovo recovery and OSX recovery, etc).

Thanks to you (RehabMan) and StarLord. Honestly, your extensive OS X/ACPI/Linux knowledge amazes me.

(Is there a reason why OS X changes my Windows time to like 5 hours later? This post was made right after rebooting into W8 from OSX and the time was wrong again...)

Last edited:
For some reason other keyboard ACPI hot keys started to work as well like turning off the trackpad.

Probably because of "OS Check Fix"

Thanks to you (RehabMan) and StarLord. Honestly, you're extensive OS X/ACPI/Linux knowledge amazes me.

Nice to hear you got it going...

Two final things,
1) Do these Clover strings seem necessary? Mirone provided it to me along with the 235 kext and I applied it. It doesn't seem to negatively impact my system but I want to get your input. (It looks like it's for HDMI audio)
Code:
<dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>IntelHD 4400_HDMi Audio</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AgQJAAAIAAAGAAAA
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

2) Is there a reason why OS X changes my Windows time to like 5 hours later? This post was made right after rebooting into W8 from OSX and the time was wrong again...

I know I might seem annoying from constantly posting (even I'm feeling like "man I bother him too much about my stuff") but oh well.

Two final things,
1) Do these Clover strings seem necessary? Mirone provided it to me along with the 235 kext and I applied it. It doesn't seem to negatively impact my system but I want to get your input. (It looks like it's for HDMI audio)
Code:
<dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>IntelHD 4400_HDMi Audio</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AgQJAAAEAACHAAAA
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AgQJAAAIAAAGAAAA
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

When combined with the right DSDT patches (or Clover setup), you'll have HDMI-audio capability...

2) Is there a reason why OS X changes my Windows time to like 5 hours later? This post was made right after rebooting into W8 from OSX and the time was wrong again...

Your local time is probably 5 hours from UTC. Google 'RealTimeIsUniversal windows registry' to fix...

Well it turns out that the ACPI Backlight brightness slider disappeared after fixing everything else...

I didn't notice but I know it started happening after fixing the battery percentage.

Well it turns out that the ACPI Backlight brightness slider disappeared after fixing everything else...

I didn't notice but I know it started happening after fixing the battery percentage.

Did you patch accordingly for backlight control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back