Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added GenericUSBXHCI.kext and the boot flag along with the USB 7 series DSDT patch and now the laptop stays asleep!!!! However it still reboots upon wake. I ran patchmatic and have attached the result. I have also added relevant log lines from the debug version of the ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

Attachments

• patchmatic.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 79
  • batterydebug.log
    3.9 KB · Views: 159
I added GenericUSBXHCI.kext and the boot flag along with the USB 7 series DSDT patch and now the laptop stays asleep!!!! However it still reboots upon wake. I ran patchmatic and have attached the result.

You're missing a lot of common DSDT patches...

Likely candidates from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

I have also added relevant log lines from the debug version of the ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

DSDT is not patched for multi-byte EC fields.

Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Well, I believe I got sleep working although it appears some weirdness is happening if I close the lid before its asleep. Might be a fluke occurrence. Started trying to understand the EC issue. Tried to run first combined patch at the link but it listed no changes to apply. More to read tomorrow. Thanks again!

Well, I believe I got sleep working although it appears some weirdness is happening if I close the lid before its asleep. Might be a fluke occurrence. Started trying to understand the EC issue. Tried to run first combined patch at the link but it listed no changes to apply. More to read tomorrow. Thanks again!

Not sure what you mean by "first combined patch at the link"?

combined patch?
which link?

Even though I'm getting pstates listed in Console.....I have a table mismatch error when searching x86platformshim. Gotta work this out first me thinks. What a mess this has become lol.

Even though I'm getting pstates listed in Console.....I have a table mismatch error when searching x86platformshim. Gotta work this out first me thinks. What a mess this has become lol.

If you're dropping OEM CPU SSDTs, I find it best to generate C/PStates from Clover as well as injecting the custom SSDT (from ssdtPRgen.sh).

Well I was able to successfully fix my SSDT issues and the mismatch!!! Woo hoo. I needed to add a base frequency of 600 when building the SSDT with ssdtPRGen. x86PlatformShim sends PStates successfully! No errors with XCPM. Phew.

Now onto sleep (notice I'm avoiding battery for now LOL) I can sleep once successfully. Then the next time it acts like its going to sleep but wakes up right away.

Assertions before successful sleep:

Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/22/14, 10:36 AM description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI

However, on subsequent sleep attempts it does not reboot, it just wakes back up. pmset -g assertions will show

id=500 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/22/14, 10:36 AM description=EHC1 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
id=501 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/22/14, 10:39 AM description=XHC owner=GenericUSBXHCI

Do I need a different patch for DSDT? I had previously applied USB 7 series DSDT patch.

Well I was able to successfully fix my SSDT issues and the mismatch!!! Woo hoo. I needed to add a base frequency of 600 when building the SSDT with ssdtPRGen. x86PlatformShim sends PStates successfully! No errors with XCPM. Phew.

Now onto sleep (notice I'm avoiding battery for now LOL) I can sleep once successfully. Then the next time it acts like its going to sleep but wakes up right away.

Assertions before successful sleep:

However, on subsequent sleep attempts it does not reboot, it just wakes back up. pmset -g assertions will show

id=501 level=255 0x4=USB mod=12/22/14, 10:39 AM description=XHC owner=GenericUSBXHCI

Do I need a different patch for DSDT? I had previously applied USB 7 series DSDT patch.

For instant wake: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "7-series/8-series USB"
Also, install GenericUSBXCHI.kext, and use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back