Contribute
Register

Lenovo Yoga 2 13 Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a replacement of kext, but replacement of patch. And it is standalone, not additive. By my analysis, the other patch cannot work.

Note: Just to clarify, this is only the patch for HD5000Graphics. It has nothing to do with FramebufferAzul... It appears your Azul patch is working, so it should remain in effect.

Although you can use string type, it is a good idea to use data. Use a plist editor so you don't need to enter the base64 encoded data yourself. If you do use the string type, I'm not sure if spaces are allowed. I never use the <string> type for this stuff, so I'm not certain...

Posting your resulting config.plist would be a good idea, especially since you're unsure of how to enter Clover config.plist patches correctly...

I wasn't thinking of replacing the kext, I apologize, that was a mistype. It appears to me that <string> allows spaces while <data> does not. I used PlistEditPro and it removes the spaces when using <data> I tried both. <string> caused the no progress bar to cursor on black screen and <data> version had no change from before - no QE/CI.

Attachments

• config_data.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 215
  • config_string.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 242
I wasn't thinking of replacing the kext, I apologize, that was a mistype. It appears to me that <string> allows spaces while <data> does not. I used PlistEditPro and it removes the spaces when using <data> I tried both. <string> caused the no progress bar to cursor on black screen and <data> version had no change from before - no QE/CI.

Both config.plist files are invalid.

For config_string.plist, the Find/Replace strings are empty.
For config_data.plist, the Find/Replace data is not the data provided in post #58.

Also, I checked the source code for Clover, and spaces are allowed using <string> (it ignores them).

FYI: The second Azul patch you have in your files, is not effective and can be removed. The pattern 'd31d1ad7 af34' is not in the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul binary.

I attach a corrected config_data.plist, with both patches CI for Azul, QE for HD5000 (HD4200).

Attachments

• config_data.plist
    5 KB · Views: 263
Both config.plist files are invalid.

For config_string.plist, the Find/Replace strings are empty.
For config_data.plist, the Find/Replace data is not the data provided in post #58.

Also, I checked the source code for Clover, and spaces are allowed using <string> (it ignores them).

FYI: The second Azul patch you have in your files, is not effective and can be removed. The pattern 'd31d1ad7 af34' is not in the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul binary.

I attach a corrected config_data.plist, with both patches CI for Azul, QE for HD5000 (HD4200).

Wow, I'm not sure how I went so wrong there. Anyway, I tested your config.plist and I get the same result - progress bar doesn't fill and then black screen with blinking cursor. I do appreciate your help RehabMan!!!

Wow, I'm not sure how I went so wrong there. Anyway, I tested your config.plist and I get the same result - progress bar doesn't fill and then black screen with blinking cursor. I do appreciate your help RehabMan!!!

Disable the HD5000 patch (change AppleIntelHD5000Graphics to disabled_AppleIntelHD5000Graphics) to verify you can still boot without it. Maybe there were other changes along the way... or other changes required. Also, boot verbose to troubleshoot.

Disable the HD5000 patch (change AppleIntelHD5000Graphics to disabled_AppleIntelHD5000Graphics) to verify you can still boot without it. Maybe there were other changes along the way... or other changes required. Also, boot verbose to troubleshoot.

Ok so I was able to boot with the patch disabled. I ran debug log during the boot with and the boot without patch. Not sure if this will help to troubleshoot. I haven't made any other changes to the system - been focused only on QE/CI.

Attachments

• debug.log
    54.1 KB · Views: 103
Ok so I was able to boot with the patch disabled. I ran debug log during the boot with and the boot without patch. Not sure if this will help to troubleshoot. I haven't made any other changes to the system - been focused only on QE/CI.

Boot verbose with the patch enabled.

I checked and the patch is doing exactly what I expect...

Code:
Speedy-OSX:hd4200 RehabMan$ diff hd5000_vanilla.s hd5000_patched.s
1c1
< hd5000_vanilla:
---
> hd5000_patched:
56102c56102
< 0000000000037d6d	3d8680160a      	cmpl	$0xa168086, %eax        ## imm = 0xA168086
---
> 0000000000037d6d	3d86801e0a      	cmpl	$0xa1e8086, %eax        ## imm = 0xA1E8086

It could be that 0xa16 is not compatible enough with 0xa16 to be treated as if it is 0xa16...

Note: There is also some params you could experiment with in the HD5000 Info.plist (CompactVRAM, EnablePPGTT, ForceDisableEDRAM)...

Boot verbose with the patch enabled.

I checked and the patch is doing exactly what I expect...

Code:
Speedy-OSX:hd4200 RehabMan$ diff hd5000_vanilla.s hd5000_patched.s
1c1
< hd5000_vanilla:
---
> hd5000_patched:
56102c56102
< 0000000000037d6d	3d8680160a      	cmpl	$0xa168086, %eax        ## imm = 0xA168086
---
> 0000000000037d6d	3d86801e0a      	cmpl	$0xa1e8086, %eax        ## imm = 0xA1E8086

It could be that 0xa16 is not compatible enough with 0xa16 to be treated as if it is 0xa16...

Note: There is also some params you could experiment with in the HD5000 Info.plist (CompactVRAM, EnablePPGTT, ForceDisableEDRAM)...

I did run verbose in both instances (enabled/disabled patch) and I cannot see any difference in the debug log. I split the log with asterisks for clarity.

Not sure I know enough to mess with other params. There is another guy on another site trying to figure out QE/CI for HD4200 on a Dell Venue 11 Pro, so I hope maybe he can add some input as well.

Attachments

• debug.log
    41 KB · Views: 91
I did run verbose in both instances (enabled/disabled patch) and I cannot see any difference in the debug log. I split the log with asterisks for clarity.

Not sure I know enough to mess with other params. There is another guy on another site trying to figure out QE/CI for HD4200 on a Dell Venue 11 Pro, so I hope maybe he can add some input as well.

Boot verbose with the patch and show photo of where it stops. Bootlog not helpful.

Boot verbose with the patch and show photo of where it stops. Bootlog not helpful.

Fourth is last line of verbose boot. Third shows earlier in verbose boot. Second is the loading screen with no progress bar. First is blinking cursor. Fifth is almost at end of verbose boot.

3 5 4 2 1 is the order in timeline. Uploading messed up order.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.5 KB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    824.8 KB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    645.7 KB · Views: 120
It is a bit weird. I've never seen "Waiting for DSMOS" *after* "DSMOS has arrived"...

Did you try plugging in an HDMI monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back