Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y580- i7-3610m, gtx 660m, 8gb, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,i'm very new to mac so,...
I've been trying so hard past days to install ML on my y580 and after few days i succeded to install it using unibeast,but the problem is it just won't boot up and freezes on the apple logo,well not FREEZE exactly cuz it has some wheel circling down there,under the logo.I got to say i've tried commands like pcirootuid=0 graphicsenabler=no and the only thing can help it boot up is safe mode command,the -x,wich is absoloutly rubbish (like windows in safe mode).what should i do? Should i do something in safe mode? I dont know if i should use chamelion or multibeast or kext utility and i gotta say i have no idea what these things do !
any suggestions is appreciated !
I installed it on ssd btw and my hdd is outformatted (cleared)

Hello.

GRUB2, actually detected OS X installation and added 2 entries (32 and 64 bits) at the very beginning, but if I try to boot the "OS X 64 bit" entry, the laptop just restarts and loads GRUB2 again, so it won't work for some reason. Thats why I want to add the entry manually to the GRUB.

Updating Chameleon or upgrading to Chimera and updating GRUB may solve the problem ?

...Maybe I just missing something. Any advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Cheers!

OK, sorry about the extremely delayed response; things have been INSANE at work. Let me tell you exactly what I did (from beginning to end) to get osx booting with GRUB.

1) Remove your hard drive from the computer.
2) Boot your computer and install OSX just as the guide on this forum describe. Follow it from beginning to end, make sure that you can boot OSX on it's own.
3) Install updates and verify everything is work.
4) Shutdown the computer and re-install the Hard Drive.
5) Boot the laptop with Windows CD (Windows 7 in my case) and create three partitions (In my case the first two Partitions are 150GB and the last partition fills the rest of the hard drive).
6) Format all three partitions the NTFS.
7) Install Windows onto the first partition and install updates.
8) Restart the laptop and boot into a Linux Live CD (in my case Linux Mint, but Ubuntu would should be the same)
9) Open Gparted, delete the second partition on the Hard drive and close Gparted.
10) Run Linux installer.
11) When the install asks about partitioning, select "Use unallocated space"
12) Let the Installer do it's thing. The installer will automatically install and configure GRUB.
13) Reboot your computer. When grub pops up you should see options for booting into Linux, Windows and both x32 & x64 Bit OSX (althought, x32 won't boot on my machine.
14) Enjoy your system.

Guys I would like to create a triple boot on my Lenovo. I want to install OSX, Backtrack and Win 7. How should I do it? In what order?

Hey Guys just wanted to share my experience with my Y580 bluetooth.

I don't know if it is because my 580 is newer or what but the Bluetooth refuses to work out of the box with the y580 kext files zipped and linked in this article.
The way I got it working was to edit and reinstall the IOBluetoothfamily kext.
I have read the z580 thread and tried multiple kext files however not only were my Product and Vendor IDs different, the Device's name shows up differently in Mac OS X, (Under Apple (Upper left icon)-About this Mac - System Report - USB) than it does in Windows 7.

Windows 7 shows "Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0" whereas ML shows "BCM20702A0".

Changing this name as well as adding my new Device/Vendor Ids into the strigs following this guide

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=418322

in IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext made it work in OSX no problems at all.

I am including my updated IOBluetoothFamily.kext as well as Kext App in this post as well as a Dropbox link.
(drag and drop the kext into Kext App after it asks you for admin rights)
to ease the process for anyone still fiddling with ML 10.8.4+ and bluetooth.

Thanks for all the great posts, guides and advice that made my ML Install possible.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2217846/Y580 Broadcom Bluetooth Jul 2013.zip

Attachments

• Y580 Broadcom Bluetooth Jul 2013.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 131
I'm sorry that everything I post is delayed. I've never tried to install Backtrack Linux, so I can't say how to use it, but if it's anything like the dozen or so other versions of Linux that I've used, then you should be able to just follow the instructions posted in previous posts.

Guys I would like to create a triple boot on my Lenovo. I want to install OSX, Backtrack and Win 7. How should I do it? In what order?

Has anyone gotten HDMI video output to work?

Hey guys! New here. I still can't get hdmi to work without deleting my dsdt. Does anyone know how to fix this without removing the dsdt? Kext or something that works?

Thank you in advance!

So far as I know HDMI output isn't possible without deleting the DSDT. I think someone can modify this in our DSDT but I'm not smart enough :p

I've been battling this for a while
My Lenevo y580 is one of the lower range ones
1366x769, 16gb, i7 2.36
Well, after many, many hours of trial, I finally got it installed.
I added the kexts as in Page 16 and a youtube video (which did the same thing)
I added the extra folder and the extra files.
However, when I run it, after the apple logo, I get three bars - white, black, white.
that's a bit of a showstopper as a main window.

so, when I removed the dsdt, I can get to see the normal screen,
But only when I boot with
-x
How do I fix this? I need the Mac for sound as I'm a musician - the graphics I can leave to windows - but getting a great sound ia where it's at for me...

I've been battling this for a while
My Lenevo y580 is one of the lower range ones
1366x769, 16gb, i7 2.36
Well, after many, many hours of trial, I finally got it installed.
I added the kexts as in Page 16 and a youtube video (which did the same thing)
I added the extra folder and the extra files.
However, when I run it, after the apple logo, I get three bars - white, black, white.
that's a bit of a showstopper as a main window.

so, when I removed the dsdt, I can get to see the normal screen,
But only when I boot with
-x
How do I fix this? I need the Mac for sound as I'm a musician - the graphics I can leave to windows - but getting a great sound ia where it's at for me...

How did you build your DSDT? It sounds like it is not correctly patched for your computer.

Well, it's exactly the same one from the guide on page 16 - so I don't understand the reason why I have these results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back