Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y580- i7-3610m, gtx 660m, 8gb, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's exactly the same one from the guide on page 16 - so I don't understand the reason why I have these results!

It is never a good idea to use a DSDT from another computer. It is like using someone else's toothbrush. Always, always, patch your own.

It is never a good idea to use a DSDT from another computer. It is like using someone else's toothbrush. Always, always, patch your own.

Hi Rehabman,

I´ve been wanting to achieve full brightness and hdmi out with video and sound for months in this laptop. The dsdt file in this thread lacks this features. You say it´s better to patch your dsdt yourself, but the problem is, how can we do that if patches for our mobo don´t exist?

In this case, do you think it´s possible to achieve this? Can you give us some hints, any link to get information?

Hi Rehabman,

I´ve been wanting to achieve full brightness and hdmi out with video and sound for months in this laptop. The dsdt file in this thread lacks this features. You say it´s better to patch your dsdt yourself, but the problem is, how can we do that if patches for our mobo don´t exist?

In this case, do you think it´s possible to achieve this? Can you give us some hints, any link to get information?

Are you using HD4000 on your laptop? Have you tried PNLF DSDT patch? It doesn't work all the time, but in the case it doesn't you might be able to use ACPIBacklight.kext.

HDMI out with HD4000 can sometimes work with stock kexts, but not always, it depends on what ig-platform-id you're using (which depends on your screen resolution) and how many ports that ig-platform-id has available. I don't use HDMI audio, but even that involves patching the kexts. There is a AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext in the ProBook Installer (extract with Pacifist) that enables HDMI out for HD4000 for both ig-platform-id=3 and 4. I'm not sure what the status of HDMI audio is with that patched kext.

Many patches are common between computers and are easy to apply to your DSDT with little or no modifications. And if you have the original DSDT used to create a patched DSDT, you can determine what patches/changes were done to the patched version and can apply them to your own (use diff).

Hello again Rehabman,

Is this the PNLF patch?

Device (PNLF)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
Name (_CID, "backlight")
Name (_UID, 0x0A)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

About the HDMI video out, right now we can achieve image on external monitor if we remove the dsdt file. My intention is to switch between internal and external monitor.
The internal screen is 1080p, using HD4000. You said:

"HDMI out with HD4000 can sometimes work with stock kexts, but not always, it depends on what ig-platform-id you're using (which depends on your screen resolution) and how many ports that ig-platform-id has available"

How can I check my
ig-platform-id and ports available. And once I know that, what do I have to do?

Thanks very much for your great advice and sorry for my ignorance :(

Hello again Rehabman,

Is this the PNLF patch?

Device (PNLF)
{
Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
Name (_CID, "backlight")
Name (_UID, 0x0A)
Name (_STA, 0x0B)
}

That is not a patch, but it is the definition for the PNLF device that should go in Scope (_SB).

This is the patch:
Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

About the HDMI video out, right now we can achieve image on external monitor if we remove the dsdt file. My intention is to switch between internal and external monitor.
The internal screen is 1080p, using HD4000. You said:

"HDMI out with HD4000 can sometimes work with stock kexts, but not always, it depends on what ig-platform-id you're using (which depends on your screen resolution) and how many ports that ig-platform-id has available"

How can I check my
ig-platform-id and ports available. And once I know that, what do I have to do?

Thanks very much for your great advice and sorry for my ignorance :(

I assume you're using ig-platform-id=4 which does not allow for a second external port (HDMI) in adddition to the LVDS (internal display). For that you need a patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. There is one patched for this purpose in the ProBook Installer. You can extract it with Pacifist.

Rehabman, you are my hero!!! Finally I managed to get hdmi output, still haven´t tested sound but both screens work, thank you very very very much!!!!!!! This is exciting!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Guys if anyone is interested follow the instructions he wrote in the previous post.

Now I have only 1 error when applying your patch for brightness. In line 19 I get: "Name already exists in scope (\TNOT).

Any idea how to fix it?

Wopss, HDMI audio doesn´t work...:cry:

Wopss, HDMI audio doesn´t work...:cry:

HDMI audio requires patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. There is a patched one in the ProBook Installer... you could extract it with Pacifist. Might work. And appropriate DSDT patches... What did you use for audio?

HDMI audio requires patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext. There is a patched one in the ProBook Installer... you could extract it with Pacifist. Might work. And appropriate DSDT patches... What did you use for audio?

View attachment dsdt.dsl.zip

I tried with AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext for 10.8.4 inside probook installer. HDMI video out works but no HDMI sound. I don´t know what patch to use for audio in the dsdt file. Here is my untouched dsdt, please could you do something to fix brightness, sleep when close lid and HDMI sound? I´d thank you so much!!

View attachment 66966

I tried with AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext for 10.8.4 inside probook installer. HDMI video out works but no HDMI sound. I don´t know what patch to use for audio in the dsdt file. Here is my untouched dsdt, please could you do something to fix brightness, sleep when close lid and HDMI sound? I´d thank you so much!!

What are you using for Audio (patched AppleHDA or VoodooHDA?). If patched AppleHDA, DSDT edit needs to be done in conjunction with it (need patched DSDT you're using). If using VoodooHDA, then I don't think it works, unless something has been enhanced.

Note that you won't see any HDMI audio devices available in SysPrefs->Audio until you connect a device capable of audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back