Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y580- i7-3610m, gtx 660m, 8gb, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Geforce 680M (big brother of 660M) and it's almost fully working in my laptop (Clevo P370EM, Sager NP9370). I have full QE/CI and some games I tried run very smooth. It works OTB with both the OSX and Nvidida Web drivers. The only problem is that my screen color depth is some where between 16 bit and 32 bit. In areas of solid color I can see a slight color gradient rather than a solid color. Haven't had any success with DSDT edits for fixing this issue.

I have a Geforce 680M (big brother of 660M) and it's almost fully working in my laptop (Clevo P370EM, Sager NP9370). I have full QE/CI and some games I tried run very smooth. It works OTB with both the OSX and Nvidida Web drivers. The only problem is that my screen color depth is some where between 16 bit and 32 bit. In areas of solid color I can see a slight color gradient rather than a solid color. Haven't had any success with DSDT edits for fixing this issue.

Imperative question: Do you have Nvidia Optimus Technology?

Imperative question: Do you have Nvidia Optimus Technology?

No I don't actually. The Intel HD graphics is disabled through my motherboard and it's not something I can change. Sounds like this is why other folks in this thread are having trouble getting their 6xxM to work ?

No I don't actually. The Intel HD graphics is disabled through my motherboard and it's not something I can change. Sounds like this is why other folks in this thread are having trouble getting their 6xxM to work ?

That's the point! Nvidia optimus is NOT Supported! That's why we CANNOT run Nvidia graphics on our Y580 even with proper patches.
People plesae... I'm telling this thing fourth time!

That's the point! Nvidia optimus is NOT Supported! That's why we CANNOT run Nvidia graphics on our Y580 even with proper patches.
People plesae... I'm telling this thing fourth time!

Aside from my own hackintosh issue:

I also have a MacbookPro that has Intel HD graphics and Geforce 650M. It can switch between both. Isn't that the same as what people are trying to solve in this thread?

Aside from my own hackintosh issue:

I also have a MacbookPro that has Intel HD graphics and Geforce 650M. It can switch between both. Isn't that the same as what people are trying to solve in this thread?

No! Because Apple has it's own switching system... which is based on Hardware chip. Nvidia optimus is software switching system.

Hi again, Ressetkk. What I did in order to have my ML up and running was to follow the guide (post #156) one to one as well as adding all the kexts available and placing the proper files in Extra (but used your compiled dsdt.aml).

I did not try with MakbookPro 10.1 and I will do that in a minute, but all the rest was done using the proper kexts that works for others. Unfortunately I cannot check the link (understandable reasons ;) ), however I know what are you talking about and will experiment a bit.

Thank you really for your patience and help so far ;) Will keep you posted about the progress :)

OK, it started making much more sense when you said it that way. I did not look thoroughly to find the patches, so now I would simply try to compile the dsdt.aml on my own in case yours does not work even after trying the retina smbios.plist .

So far I would need the most to have the video camera and microphone working (even the sleep is not to be bothered that much as my laptop is mostly used at home). However if I manage to get one working, it is sure I won't stop there. So one step at a time and hopefully I will not bang my head :banghead: .

Ressetkk, I am happy to say that my ML 10.8.3 finally has got sound, video 512MB Intel HD, USBs as 2.0 etc. etc. I do not know whether the fix was to use the 10.1 Retina smbios.bin, however I changed the settings via Chameleon Wizard and it fired up perfectly. It not only fired up, but also if I connect a tv, I can setup dual screening as clone or extension without doing any more tweaks etc.

The only things I have noticed so far are that the card reader does not work for me despite the fact that I have installed the IOUSBFamily.kext . I do not know is there anything else to set up in order to have the card shown or I should simply insert a card in the reader (as usual) and it will mount/show it straight away.

One other thing though was the fact that the notebook restarts after waking up from sleep instead of simply to bring me back to the login screen etc. Any ideas about how to fix that? I think I have read someone with a similar problem, however I cannot find it.

Oh, and one more thing I notticed which might be useful for the others having 0 experience or not feeling very strong (yet) about Mac OS X - using the step-by-step tutorial on page 10 lead me to lots of errors: Unable to load ..... kext, missing library dependencies and nothing was working technically the way it should but the battery meter. What I did as per someones advice in other forum was to install the latest Chimera (2.01 for now) and all the kext loaded perfectly as they should. The Chameleon provided in the archive (2.2.svn.. I think) did install fine, showed me the bootloader, but caused the problems with loading my newly installed kexts.

Well only the reader is left and the sleep and I should join the lines of the happy Mac users. Thank you Ressetkk and everyone else who have shared some or lots of knowledge and lead me to these results.

Ressetkk, I am happy to say that my ML 10.8.3 finally has got sound, video 512MB Intel HD, USBs as 2.0 etc. etc. I do not know whether the fix was to use the 10.1 Retina smbios.bin, however I changed the settings via Chameleon Wizard and it fired up perfectly. It not only fired up, but also if I connect a tv, I can setup dual screening as clone or extension without doing any more tweaks etc.

The only things I have noticed so far are that the card reader does not work for me despite the fact that I have installed the IOUSBFamily.kext . I do not know is there anything else to set up in order to have the card shown or I should simply insert a card in the reader (as usual) and it will mount/show it straight away.

One other thing though was the fact that the notebook restarts after waking up from sleep instead of simply to bring me back to the login screen etc. Any ideas about how to fix that? I think I have read someone with a similar problem, however I cannot find it.

Oh, and one more thing I notticed which might be useful for the others having 0 experience or not feeling very strong (yet) about Mac OS X - using the step-by-step tutorial on page 10 lead me to lots of errors: Unable to load ..... kext, missing library dependencies and nothing was working technically the way it should but the battery meter. What I did as per someones advice in other forum was to install the latest Chimera (2.01 for now) and all the kext loaded perfectly as they should. The Chameleon provided in the archive (2.2.svn.. I think) did install fine, showed me the bootloader, but caused the problems with loading my newly installed kexts.

Well only the reader is left and the sleep and I should join the lines of the happy Mac users. Thank you Ressetkk and everyone else who have shared some or lots of knowledge and lead me to these results.

I've also had similar issues with sleep. I used ElliotLegacyRTCFix.kext as a workaround. Just google it and you are way to go.
I will try to make tutorial how to install OSX in my-own-way as soon as I format my lenovo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back