Contribute
Register

Laptop (optimus) HDMI Video is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added HD Graphics on my profile, isn't it what you asked for?

I think you mean

If your discrete device (AMD Radeon or Nvidia) is not routed through the Intel GPU, then it is considered dedicated. Some laptops have the internal display connected to the Intel GPU and the external HDMI/DP port connected to the discrete graphics device. It is rare, but in that case you would be able to get the device to work with the external display with proper kexts and correct configuration, much like a dual-GPU desktop setup.

Yes but what should we do in my case?

The problem is occuring at the office and I will get fired if we will keep focusing on my profile... I really need help.

It just says "some laptops have HDMI output connected to discrete GPU". So? How to know if mine is so? You mean my HDMI will never work with my Hackintosh?

It just says "some laptops have HDMI output connected to discrete GPU". So? How to know if mine is so? You mean my HDMI will never work with my Hackintosh?

If your laptop is Optimus, then HDMI will be connected to the Intel chip.
You are the one stating that your laptop is Optimus.
You should verify your assumption in Windows. Windows "Display properties" will show you which graphics device is connected to each monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back