Contribute
Register

Laggy Windows/UI after updating to High Sierra 10.13.3 with nVidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I now found out, that the laggy UI is only on my Monitor witch is using the HDMI cable, not on my Monitor with Display Port cable, both 4K. Is that a thing?

I have El Capitan and High Sierra installed on a different SSD. I try each of them alternately on the same hardware (i5 CPU, H170N-WiFi motherboard, 8GB RAM, Palit Nvidia GTX750 videocard). I can clearly tell High Sierra is more sluggish than El Capitan. For example, in High Sierra, I open Safari then I press Cmd+Q to quit it, and it takes approx. 1 second to quit Safari. On El Capitan, it quits immediately. When I watch Youtube videos on High Sierra, it may stutter (skip frames) occasionally, but on El Capitan, YouTube is perfect.

I will try the Nvidia-Update script. Hope it will resolve the issue.

I have a same issue on my Deskmini GTX (GTX1060) since 10.13.3.
When try Nvidia-update script on 10.13.4, it downgrade driver from:

to

but it just solved laggy problem (especially Chrome) after reboot.

I have El Capitan and High Sierra installed on a different SSD. I try each of them alternately on the same hardware (i5 CPU, H170N-WiFi motherboard, 8GB RAM, Palit Nvidia GTX750 videocard). I can clearly tell High Sierra is more sluggish than El Capitan. For example, in High Sierra, I open Safari then I press Cmd+Q to quit it, and it takes approx. 1 second to quit Safari. On El Capitan, it quits immediately. When I watch Youtube videos on High Sierra, it may stutter (skip frames) occasionally, but on El Capitan, YouTube is perfect.

I will try the Nvidia-Update script. Hope it will resolve the issue.
I tried the Nvidia-Update script and it resolved the laggy UI issue!!! :clap:

Hi,
maybe someone will be able to help me with this.

I installed High Sierra (clean install) 10.13.4 and then latest (30.103) nvidia drivers. It works kind of fine, but I felt it's a bit laggy sometimes, so I wanted to try that script as well. But after it installed 25.106 (in fact if when I installed any other version except latest one), my GTX960 is not "recognized" in About This Mac I see "Display 5 MB" and resolution is small, glitching etc.

It's my first hackintosh and I hope someone will be able to help me, otherwise everything seem fine so far.

Open your config.plist and go to System Parameters, make sure the the box for NvidiaWeb is ticked off, save your config.plist and reboot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 197
Then I would suggest downloading the latest Lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup kexts and see if those help.

Tried that as well (Lilu 1.2.3 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.2.5), sorry for not mentioning what I tried already. I copied them to /Library/Extensions directory, since that's where I found previous versions, I hope it's correct place.

I even tried that "Webdriver All Versions" app I found in some other thread with same result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back