Contribute
Register

Laggy Windows/UI after updating to High Sierra 10.13.3 with nVidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no. Delete Lilu and Nvidiagraphicsfixup from L/E and copy them to your EFI folder to Clover/Kexts/Other and reboot.

Now try the latest web driver.

Yeah, this works as before and I feel it's probably a bit better with new kexts, but I still feel it lags sometimes, it's easy to see it when switching tabs in Chrome, when I switch to another tab and immediately start scrolling, it takes maybe 0.5 second to scroll (after that it's scrolling okay). Maybe it's just Chrome issue, but for example in Safari it sometimes take few seconds to close a tab.

I don't know, I can probably live with that, I'm not sure if there is anything else to try, I was just curious that script to install older web drivers worked for almost everybody but me :)

I think it's good enough so far, I didn't try any other app since it's clean install so I will see later.

If you have any other suggestions I can try, I will, but if not, thank you very much for your help and I hope it's gonna be fine :)

I don't have any other suggestions, sorry. I am currently using an old Ivy Bridge system with a 960 and what I suggested to you works for me. My newer Coffee Lake system has an AMD RX560 and its totally fine of course because there are no drivers required for it to work.

Yeah, I was thinking about buying AMD GPU to avoid problems, but I think it's bearable for now, maybe next web drivers will fix something. Switching tabs in Chrome are lot slower than in Windows or iMac I think, but what can I do :)

Thanks again

You can actually turn off hardware acceleration in Chrome and it makes it a lot better, try it.

WOW! That's probably all I need (at least for now), it's even more than "a lot" better :) I read about it already, but was too lazy to check where to turn it off and instinctively went to "chrome://flags" and turned something with similar name off thinking that was it, but now I did it right and it's really much much better. I can go sleep happy :) Thanks!

Glad it worked for you.

Thank you for the hint with https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/blob/master/README.md - it solved my problems.

I did the upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra. After that I installed the newest nvidia web driver. It worked so far, but the screen was flickering in the upper part of the screen. Kinda annoying. And as soon as the screensaver came in, the system freezed. Tested it with System Preferences -> Screensaver -> Preview and another freeze happened. After running this script, I read, that I already had the newest driver. But it seems, some odd stuff must have been deleted.

Thank you. And if you got similar issues, just give this script a try. It may solve your issues with NVidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back