Contribute
Register

Laggy Windows/UI after updating to High Sierra 10.13.3 with nVidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So far this has stopped the laggy graphics on high sierra w/ 1060.

I'm having a similar issue -- laggy, choppy video playback, laggy desktop animations, occasional freezes and crash restarts.

I ran the script linked to earlier. It says I have the latest driver already installed. I can't say whether it changed or deleted any leftover stuff from my earlier ElCap/Kepler configuration. We'll see...

Last edited:
i'm actually inclined to think its a system related thing and not a Nvidia related issue. i just upgraded my PC from a I5-4690k with asrock Fatal1ty Z97 to an I5-8600k Gigabyte X370. kust swapped the HDD and Graphics card over and removed the Kexts for old system and put the new kexts for this system on the HDD.

it Ran flawlessly on my old pc with exact same GPU and HDD With Exact same System and Software (with the exception of updated Kexts and config) i didn't reinstall from scratch or update/delete my web drivers at all. yet i have the issue

also it stutters but surprisingly with the stutters i can launch and play games (tested Metro 2033 and it ran great on max)

I had a similar issue with my 1050ti and I managed to solve this problem installing the web drivers using the Benjamin Dovell's script, you can download it above following the procedure:

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/blob/master/README.md

Just wanted to confirm this worked for me in High Sierra 10.13.3 as well! This stupid issue sent me on a wild goose chase messing with CPU power management that actually didn't need to be messed with.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Does anybody has this working correctly with a z270 MB and a GTX1060 on Sierra 10.12.6 ? I tried the script but it didn't fix it. I also battle with QuickSync only half being recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back