Contribute
Register

Laggy bluetooth on DW1560

Status
Not open for further replies.
@trs96

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that! Those prices really are way over the top... Here in Austria I'll order one from Germany which will cost round about 60 Euros including shipping. Getting it off ebay.

@trs96

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that! Those prices really are way over the top... Here in Austria I'll order one from Germany which will cost round about 60 Euros including shipping. Getting it off ebay.
i purchased a BCM94352Z DW1560 for £23.00 back in 2017 i can now see it has gone up to £54 on ebay!

@Feartech

Since this Hackintosh community experienced such a growth and got that popular, the suppliers probably saw a way to cut themselves some money from cards that previously next to nobody was interested in.

I'm happy that I found this one for "only" 50 bucks since I also saw some way overpriced stuff like 100+ Euros. It's just sad hat there is no reasonable priced and available supply of cards like this, shouldn't be that difficult...

@Feartech

Since this Hackintosh community experienced such a growth and got that popular, the suppliers probably saw a way to cut themselves some money from cards that previously next to nobody was interested in.

I'm happy that I found this one for "only" 50 bucks since I also saw some way overpriced stuff like 100+ Euros. It's just sad hat there is no reasonable priced and available supply of cards like this, shouldn't be that difficult...
also best to check your BIOS doesn't have a whitelist of what wifi cards can be installed on your machine

@Feartech

FYI:

I think I've solved the problem: There were some missing patches. Audio doesn't stop now (fully continuous) and the mouse works fine. Maybe I'll report back with some problems in the future, but I don't think so.

Also, using the following kexts:
* BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
* BrcmFirmwareData.kext
* BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
* AirportBrcmFixup.kext

Installed in Clover/kexts/Other since /L/E didn't work out at all for me (maybe this has something to do with Catalina).
I've attached two images (since all informations didn't fit in the box, thus p1 & p2) which are showing the patches I've applied.

Used gfxutil to get my PCI-Device "Path". https://github.com/acidanthera/gfxutil/releases
Using the command: "gfxutil -f pci14e4,43b1"

You should exec this yourself, since the path can vary.
Hope this helps someone.

//Edit: "model" is cut off in image, this is the value: "Broadcom BCM94352Z - 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wireless Network Adapter"

Attachments

• conf_p1.png
    conf_p1.png
    649 KB · Views: 72
  • conf_p2.png
    conf_p2.png
    655.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
UPDATE:

Got lags again... BUT! I have done something else that fixed it (for now, we all know how long that can last...).
My steps (if you wan't to trace along at home :))

* Used the hackintool to move *all* kexts from Clover to /L/E
* Changed the above kexts with some (maybe custom compiled?) kexts, specific for DW1560, I found after a long google searching session (attached here)

Now, I can download huge files (100% WiFi usage) and use my mouse + AirPods (decent BT usage). Everything still works flawlessly! But I still think the patch from my previous post wasn't for the fishes since it made the situation a bit better, already before changing to those new kexts.

Attachments

• Catalina_DW1560.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back