Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6520G
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys..I've hit about every red light possible with this ML install but this one I'm stuck with.
followed the directions and troubleshooting no problem. Now to the step where it's time to boot from usb, "choose your new mountain lion" and download multibeast. Problem is I boot (using PCIRootUID=0 for graphics) and my keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen.

Operating on a Dell Vostro 1520 Intel based laptop using default trackpad and keyboard.

Totally NOT computer savvy in this respect, but I'm pretty self-sufficient as long as directions are clear.

i'd really like to avoid spending money on external mouse and keyboard I won't use typically.

please help!!

Hey guys..I've hit about every red light possible with this ML install but this one I'm stuck with.
followed the directions and troubleshooting no problem. Now to the step where it's time to boot from usb, "choose your new mountain lion" and download multibeast. Problem is I boot (using PCIRootUID=0 for graphics) and my keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen.

Operating on a Dell Vostro 1520 Intel based laptop using default trackpad and keyboard.

Totally NOT computer savvy in this respect, but I'm pretty self-sufficient as long as directions are clear.

i'd really like to avoid spending money on external mouse and keyboard I won't use typically.

please help!!

Did you create your Unibeast USB with "Laptop support"??

Sure did. I'm at a total loss because I followed all of the directions carefully.

Also, just to be clear, currently using the PCIRootUID=0 -x code which saved me from the black screen. I have no idea if it could be affecting the k&tp. Tried EHCIhard=yes for tp and keyboard but didn't change anything. That's the only code that I'm seeing that's recommended for the built in (PS/2?) keyboard and trackpad on laptops.

Also, just to be clear, currently using the PCIRootUID=0 -x code which saved me from the black screen. I have no idea if it could be affecting the k&tp. Tried EHCIhard=yes for tp and keyboard but didn't change anything. That's the only code that I'm seeing that's recommended for the built in (PS/2?) keyboard and trackpad on laptops.

It could be that your laptop does not use PS2 for keyboard/trackpad??
Or the DSDT in BIOS does not have PS/2 mouse/keyboard devices?

You probably should just use a USB keyboard and mouse for the install...

Thanks a ton. IDK how to figure any of that out without the mouse & keyboard but I got through with a new install using the youtube video (directions slightly different). But now my wi-fi isn't working. Any suggestions?

Thanks a ton. IDK how to figure any of that out without the mouse & keyboard but I got through with a new install using the youtube video (directions slightly different). But now my wi-fi isn't working. Any suggestions?

What WiFi card does your laptop have? OS X has only limited support for certain makes/models of WiFi...

Oh that makes sense. Currently it's not recognizing a wi-fi card at all, so that would likely be the issue yeah? Is there a way around it so I can use MultiBeast and hope that fixes it or do I need to just get a new wi-fi card that's compatible?

Oh that makes sense. Currently it's not recognizing a wi-fi card at all, so that would likely be the issue yeah? Is there a way around it so I can use MultiBeast and hope that fixes it or do I need to just get a new wi-fi card that's compatible?

Multibeast won't help you if you have an incompatible card. First you should find out which one you have. Even in the case of a compatible card, there are often device-id injections that are required (DSDT patches).

I see. Thanks for your support. My only boot options now are to boot to the ML OS from the USB. I do believe Snow Leopard and Windows are both gone, because without the USB it says it can't find an OS at all and with it there's only USB and Mountain Lion options. This didn't happen until I saw the video and the guy went into disk utility and opted to erase the hard drive, which is what I did. Originally I skipped a-j of that step, as directed in text, because I already had snow leopard, but it wasn't working.

I guess my initial question is how do I, then, figure out what type of wi-fi card I have and whether it's compatible or not since the only OS available on the system now doesn't recognize a wifi card at all? Do I have to open up the laptop? I have no experience doing that..
If my current wi-fi card is incompatible, what kind should I get?
Also, if I need the patches, how do I get them without internet? Is it possible to load them to a USB and transfer them over?

Hopefully this will help me figure out what to do next and I can let you go lol.

Thanks Rehabman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back