Contribute
Register

kextd busy timeout IOHDACodecFunction, IOHDACodecFunction, IOHDACodecFunction

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nodarkthings - I reviewed the E6320 solution that you posted in the thread you referenced (above). I replied in your other thread and my reply is awaiting moderator approval. Apparently I said something X-Rated :)

EDIT: My post on your other thread was deleted by a moderator without explanation. I think it might have been because I referenced a discussion in another forum. Basically, I suggested that you check the logic in your _PTS and _WAK methods. I don't think that your _ON and _OFF methods are actually doing anything.

EDIT2: I think those _ON and _OFF methods only work for discrete graphics and I thought you were using on-board HD Graphics. Not sure.

Hi! Actually, I don't understand what you mean by "_PTS and _WAK methods" or "_ON and _OFF methods"... :-o
Indeed, the E6320 has no discrete graphics card, that's why I thought your sleep issue might be related with NVidia drivers.
You know, my "hackintoshing" is very empirical: when it gets too technical, editing DSDT and the likes, I'm a bit lost (I gave up trying to make USB3 work on my Z68 desktop, to give you an example...)
Write me a private message if you don't mind, I'm curious about your suggestions. :)

EDIT: after a few searches, I think you're talking about what's inside my DSDT, well I'm quite sure it's full of useless things as I used a ready-made one, and so goes for my config.plist as I modified one that was made for 10.10... I'm always open to modify things to make them work better when I discover some new way. :)

Last edited:
Your suspicion about my sleep being related to Nvidia discrete graphics demonstrates very good intuition. I believe you are correct.

Removed AppleHDA.kext and it doesn't hang on boot.

Hello fellow hackintoshers,

I just rolled back AppleHDA to High Sierra 10.13.5 version and now the problem is fixed and sound works. The system also booted very quickly when I removed AppleALC, but of course no audio. The problem seems to have started with 10.13.6 AppleHDA and it seems to be a conflict with AppleALC. I know this isn't the most elegant solution (rolling back a kext), but the system has been running 10.13.5 very stable for more then a year. It's HP 8000 SFF Desktop with a core2duo and a Nvidia GT730. Even my internal speaker works. So I have HDMI Audio, internal speaker or headphone jack Audio. I know I had a problem with the latest update that's why I stayed on 10.13.5, but today I finally decided to update.

Good hack everyone!!

Hey. Because I have the same problem can you post the untouched applehda.kext for 10.13.5?
I run macOS 10.13.6 right now.

Okay thank you. I will try it but also note that the sound does not work perfectly with applealc. For example when I go to system preferences > sound > sound effects and play a random sound several times the first 1-2 it plays it has a "buzzing sound" (I guess this is how I can call it). Or when I watch a video the first 3-4 seconds the audio is terrible. If I pause it and continue it, it happens again. This happens with voodooHDA too. I am using Opencore 0.6.3 with a clean installation of High Sierra. When I used voodoo with clover I had no such problem. Do you know if it has anything to do with the increased boot time?

Okay thank you. I will try it but also note that the sound does not work perfectly with applealc. For example when I go to system preferences > sound > sound effects and play a random sound several times the first 1-2 it plays it has a "buzzing sound" (I guess this is how I can call it). Or when I watch a video the first 3-4 seconds the audio is terrible. If I pause it and continue it, it happens again. This happens with voodooHDA too. I am using Opencore 0.6.3 with a clean installation of High Sierra. When I used voodoo with clover I had no such problem. Do you know if it has anything to do with the increased boot time?
- If sound was ok with Clover, then it's something about OC!
- If the increased boot time was not there with Clover+Hi Sierra, then it's OC again.
- If you were on an older MacOS with Clover and you are now trying to make OC+Hi Sierra work, I'd say you are multiplying the potential issues... In that case, I'd first try and make Clover+Hi Sierra work perfectly THEN try with OC (which is still considered experimental, as you know).

- If sound was ok with Clover, then it's something about OC!
- If the increased boot time was not there with Clover+Hi Sierra, then it's OC again.
- If you were on an older MacOS with Clover and you are now trying to make OC+Hi Sierra work, I'd say you are multiplying the potential issues... In that case, I'd first try and make Clover+Hi Sierra work perfectly THEN try with OC (which is still considered experimental, as you know).

I didn't even knew applealc existed when I was using clover. So I am guessing the problem is that I need to convert some Clover boot args to use in OC. I will post an update if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back