Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic with i7-4790K & Z97N; Was Working With i7-4790

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from me, updated to 10.9.4 without problems. I have just 3rd part SATA drivers installed from multibeast and its been working for me since saturday. I Dont dare to try installing the bootloader again so im using the unibeast USB as bootloader atm. As i still got some kernel panics when i tried to boot 10.9.3 i have seen none of that since update :)

I still think chimera did something that amde my hackintosh not boot before so im keeping off of that :)

I came to say the same thing. I had to install 10.9.3 at least 10 times yesterday and was still having issues. I installed 10.9.4 and haven't had an issue since. I came into the office this morning and my hackintosh was still working without issue. I even restarted it to see what would happen, and it went without a hitch.

Like you, I'm still using my USB drive to start Chimera b/c I'm afraid of installing it from Multibeast until the kinks get worked out.

Can I offer my input also with a i7-4790k.

Im on a Z87X-UD5H F9 bios, so not a 9 series board, BUT...

I am using a 10.9.4 Unibeast USB I created last night.

If Turbo-boost is enabled I can't boot with the Keystore hang. If I switch it off, Im straight in, no messing about. If I set the chip to 4.4 without TurboBoost or whatever it's called, I get the same error. So it's def a chip speed issue....

I too am still using a Mac Pro 3,1 def as I've only installed twice, the first time using 14,2 and I thought that may be the error, so tried again and kept it simple for now...

So, I think we maybe need an SSDT for the new chip, if anyone wants to talk me through that, I'll do it and test it out.

Cheers!

PS: Sound is working using an older MB and everything else seems native.

If Turbo-boost is enabled I can't boot with the Keystore hang. If I switch it off, Im straight in, no messing about. If I set the chip to 4.4 without TurboBoost or whatever it's called, I get the same error. So it's def a chip speed issue....

I too am still using a Mac Pro 3,1 def as I've only installed twice, the first time using 14,2 and I thought that may be the error, so tried again and kept it simple for now...

So, I think we maybe need an SSDT for the new chip, if anyone wants to talk me through that, I'll do it and test it out.

Cheers!

I didn't even think of speed being an issue. I didn't disable Turbo Boost and mine is still working, but it's listed as a "4.3GHz Intel Core i7" in About This Mac. Maybe if it was 4.4 it would be an issue? I'm planning on overclocking it, so we'll see what happens.

It should be reported as 4.0

Screen Shot.png

I have the same board and currently running the modded F10c Beta bios which was working beautifully with the i5-4670K I had installed. currently I cant get it to run, I turned off Turbo boost but my system hangs on boot up I can load up safe mode but thats it. its driving me nuts.

Cheers!

Hi,

Again, Warning, I am on an 8 series board NOT a 9 series. This is on a Z87X-UD5H BIOS v F9

I got mine working with a caveat that this has left me with a cpu that scales up to 4.4 with steps in between. Not a cpu that sits at 4.0 and boosts to 4.4. skirk08 helped me along the way with the boot.plist changes and combined with the BIOS changes I made and some work, all is good.

Now is this is the right way/ the wrong way/ a workaround/ a good-ole-hack? I do not know! But it's working for me.

So I got 4.4 by doing this,

Again, if I leave the CPU at 4.0 in the BIOS and Turbo-Boost to Auto for 4.4ghz I cannot boot with the keystore hang.

However, once I did this I got 4.4 and proper steps in between.

1)Followed THIS GUIDE to the letter....I mean every single step! I installed the kext linked there just fine and very carefully worked through the steps. ssdtPRGen.sh may be your answer...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

AT the FIRST REBOOT stage...

2) In BIOS Set Turbo Boost to Enabled NOT Auto, I then left cores 1 and 2 at Auto and manually changed cores 3 and 4 to 44.

3) Booted 10.9.4 and created SSDT using the guide in step 1

4) Ensure that Drop SSDT, P States No and C States No was in my bootplist as per skirk08's suggestion.

Viola! 4.4ghz and proper multipliers in-between. Use the Intel tool as both skirk08 and the guide suggested to me, HW Monitor is very occasionally giving some wildly inaccurate readings for now. Whilst I'd appreciate a 79,000Thz chip which flashed up in HW Monitor once, I'm fairly sure my new CPU isn't that good a clocker. Inter Power Tool gave me accurate readings...

Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 08.33.50.jpg

Good luck! Read, re-read. Read again. That link I posted plus an hours work worked around the problem for me. :headbang:

I didn't disable Turbo Boost and mine is still working, but it's listed as a "4.3GHz Intel Core i7" in About This Mac. Maybe if it was 4.4 it would be an issue?

About This Mac is limited to 4.3 GHz in OS X. It's purely cosmetic. Overclocking won't show it any higher. If you want it to read something else, you need to manually change it:

Mod About This Mac!

Hey guys so I've got my system working, using the UniBeast USB drive to boot. For some reason, my system won't boot to the Chimera boot loader. I get the below picture when I restart the computer from within mavericks. Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 229
Hey guys so I've got my system working, using the UniBeast USB drive to boot. For some reason, my system won't boot to the Chimera boot loader. I get the below picture when I restart the computer from within mavericks. Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

You could try this.

Read here, if you attempt it, once booted to the Unibeast installer from your USB, get to the main OSX installer welcome screen, make sure you go to disk utility select your OSX installed drive and make a note of the partition that OSX is installed to. Then unmount that by clicking the unmount button. Close disk utility. Then open Terminal and try running the command in the article using the disk partition number you noted earlier, remove USB and try to boot, if it still hangs, you might need to try some flags.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide/comments3.html

Read, re-read. Read again. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back