Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I could really use some help here... My build was working perfectly with the i7-4790 CPU, and I decided to upgrade to the 4790K. I installed the new CPU, and now am just getting kernel panics (see pics).

Longer version:

Yesterday, I decided to install the BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H Wifi + BT mini-PCIe card, after reading that it works perfectly (http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html).

The system booted fine multiple times, and OSX recognized the hardware (although I was still working on getting BT to pair).

This morning, I came in with a new 4790K and installed it. I immediately got a kernel panic (even in safe mode). I booted to a Unibeast USB drive, repartitioned the SSD to a single GUID partition, and installed a fresh copy of Mavericks 10.9.3 on the drive.

Still no luck. I get the two kernel panics that are attached (first is with safe mode, second is without safe mode).

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't know where to start if it won't even boot into safe mode on a fresh install. Could the CPU be bad? It seems to work fine in Windows.

Edit: BIOS is F3, which is the newest version and supports the 4790K. Also, I added a new kernel panic screenshot that came after changing some BIOS settings.

Attachments

• kernel panic 1.JPG
    kernel panic 1.JPG
    623.2 KB · Views: 948
  • kernel panic 2.JPG
    kernel panic 2.JPG
    500.5 KB · Views: 821
  • kernel panic 3.JPG
    kernel panic 3.JPG
    667.5 KB · Views: 668
I'm not here to hijack your thread, but for the record, I just installed the hardware listed in my profile which includes a 4790k as well.....and I'm getting identical kernel panic screens as you are. The only difference is I started with the 4790K. Everything was ok until multibeast install.

My board includes the following:

LAN - i217V
Sound - ALC1150
Video - HD4600

Mavericks 10.9.3

Multibeast
Drivers>Audio>Realtek ALCxxx>ALC1150
Drivers>Audio>Realtek ALCxxx>Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
Drivers>Disk>3rd Party SATA
Drivers>Disk>Trim Enabler>10.9.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307 Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.8.1307 HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Misc > USB 3.0 - Universal
Network >Intel>AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a

Ran KextBeast according to this thread -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...phics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards.html

Here is my thread asking for help with including screen capture attachments.

I'm also having KP issues. Looks like it's always something related to the CPU. I just got this processor today and this was the final piece to my brand new hackintosh build. I was able to install Mavericks but when I try to finish up the installation and run multi beast I get all these KPs. I only had to use the -x arg for installation. :(

If anyone wants to try to get this fixed in real time let me know and I can provide you with google talk info. I'm working on this tonight as I'd like to start using this tomorrow. My build specs are below:

Mobo: Gigabyte z87x-oc Force
Processor: Intel 4790k (Stock Clock)
Ram: 16GB ddr3 1600 (8GB installed for OS X Install)
Samsung 830 series 512GB SSD

No video card at this time. Using on board graphics.

@ej1fr3ak is the a bios upgrade for your mb to support the new CPU's? I don't see one...

Yes Gigabyte announced it would be supported with the f8 and higher update for this board. Mine came with f9. As for this, I got mine working. I removed EVERYTHING non essential, including all sata ports, additional RAM, and everything that was connected to my machine that was unnecessary. Then, I loaded optimized defaults, set the BIOS up similar to this post:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/119599-spartans-oc-force-i7-4770k-gtx-780-x2-build.html

Then, I went through the entire process again, from start to finish, according to this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Once the install was done, I had to put my account password in. Once I did that, I got a KP. Shut down and restarted, and it booted right to my mac HD. Now, I'm trying to find the proper setup for my DSDT. I will update when I have more.

One phrase we say often where I work, "be smart, restart." This could apply to "restarting" the entire process for someone like me, who is starting from scratch with this hackintosh build.

awer25, thank you for making this post! It's my new favorite thread since it describes everything I'm going through!

I've been troubleshooting this hardcore since Wednesday when my 4790K arrived. I have the GA Z97N Gaming 5 and I'm trying to use HD4600. I can get all the way through the MultiBeast install and restart, then bam, kernel panic.

Using Stork's awesome guide as a starting point:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

I can complete every step of Stork's guide up until "Done! Enjoy your Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI motherboard based system using HD4600 graphics. :thumb up:"

I've used toleda's AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.Kext, and toleda's graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-c-90_patch (note the C as I believe it's appropriate for the GA Z97N Gaming 5 Framebuffer Config (DVI=0x5, HDMI=0x6, DP=0x7) as posted here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/125239-hd4600-hd4000-hd3000-framebuffer-edits.html

if IGPU is enabled in BIOS I get the "panic(cpu 0 caller ...kernel trap at" error / AppleACPIPlatform error

if IGPU is disabled in BIOS (and use a GTX 650, borrowed from a friend) I get the "AppleKeyStore starting" error/hang/freeze

Any progress on this cpu? I just bought it but now thinking to exchange it since I'm reading about KP's. I assumed it would be like the popular 4770k. Could it be OSX just doesn't like 4ghz base clock speed?

Having these issues also,have 4790k and GA-Z97N-UD5H-BK. been working on it this weekend and my results are.

Installing OS X is fine, its when the install is done and after using multibeast it wont boot.
So i started doing reinstalls again and again with less and less things in multibeast and today i tried only installing chimera and not even that works so i figured that i try without multibeast at all. When nothing is installed with multibeast i get it to boot in 50% of the cases, rest its just these kernel panics. Must be something with the chimera bootloader then?

Any1 having similar experiences?

Having these issues also,have 4790k and GA-Z97N-UD5H-BK. been working on it this weekend and my results are.

Installing OS X is fine, its when the install is done and after using multibeast it wont boot.
So i started doing reinstalls again and again with less and less things in multibeast and today i tried only installing chimera and not even that works so i figured that i try without multibeast at all. When nothing is installed with multibeast i get it to boot in 50% of the cases, rest its just these kernel panics. Must be something with the chimera bootloader then?

Any1 having similar experiences?

What you'll need to do is boot verbose (-v) and take a pic of the screen with a camera where
it kernel panics so you can see what is causing it. Most of the time it's caused when you are
using integrated graphics of the 4790K instead of a compatible gfx card. See the links in
previous posts in this thread concerning Z97/Haswell refresh cpus.

Forgot to say i have a gtx 780 as graphics unit, disabled all what intel integrated graphics is.
Getting exactly the same kernel panics as the thread starter after using multibeast but without multibeast i get successful boot 50% of the times.

Aslo tried just installing the sata drivers from multibeast and i can boot just the same as without it.

So still seems chimera makes something for me that makes my OS X not boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back