i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

i have been using Sierra for a long time now on a Z270 with i7 7700k 4,2Ghz, NVMe Samsung 512GB 960 Pro and GTX980. There was no problem at all but yesterday i updated as usuall the Xcode and iTunes, probable Xcode caused the crash. Today i tried to boot the pc but on boot screen it showed Panic(cpu 4 caller)...
Debugger Called <panic>
Backtrace (CPU4), Frame: Return Address etc..
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily(394.58.1)...etc

I can not boot on safe mode, so i can not edit kext files or something..I can't format the disk because i have many files that i need but also it's on M.2 SSD so i have to install mac on an SSD Samsung and clone to M.2 SSD
20171102_103334[2963] (Large).jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps when you updated those two you also installed the Security Update 2017-001 10.12.6? There are several threads going about people having issues with the Security update. I have not installed that one on my system yet. I'm looking in to possible issues first.

I don't think anything else was listed on the Updates list..I am surprised that neither -x does anything nor changing everything on bios..And i can not find anything related to SCSIArchitectureModelFamily problem, all i found was kernel panic with a wide list of error include the SCSIArchi...I do not want to go back to windows but also, if i wanted to clean install Sierra i would need to install them on an SSD and clone the SSD to the NVMe M.2 SSD...

Perhaps when you updated those two you also installed the Security Update 2017-001 10.12.6? There are several threads going about people having issues with the Security update. I have not installed that one on my system yet. I'm looking in to possible issues first.
is there any way to roll back?... (i know the answer is No...)

Is anyone familiar with SCSIArchitectureModelFamily? What could cause the problem..

I haven't found anything on the web about this..so I formatted the disk on a clean installation. I tried to copy kexts files from the previous build but some probably were broken so the same error returned. Now I am doing a full clean install with all the process to install drivers from the beginning...No more updating for me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back