1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi fellow Hackintosh Users.

So, i've just finished my Hackintosh build they other day, and most things worked as they where supposed to. But some things were a bit off. My ram showed up at the wrong frequency, and my USB 3.0 ports had no response at all.. So i thought, what could be wrong? Might be some drivers, so i went to download MultiBeast once again, and ran through the installation, this time choosing Mac Pro 5.1 instead of 3.1. I thought this might cure the USB 3.0 problem since, it's a somehow newer technology. i didn't instal anything else, nor change anything, but i seems as if this is the root of my problem, at least my Mac isn't able to boot now, as i run into a kernel panic screen every time. Now what to do?

Hope that somebody will be able to help me out. How do I determine where the problem came from, and how do i fix it?

If it's any help, these are my specs:

MB: Gigabyte Ga X68XP-UD3P (running f7)
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770
GPU: AMD Radeon IceQ X 6870
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866MHz
HDD: 2x Barracuda 2 TB
SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2

Thanks in advance.

using MacPro5,2 will load extra drivers that your hardware doesn't support and causes the crash, you should be using MacPro3,1 if you do want to use MacPro, but ideally you should use iMac12,2 or Macmini5,2 which is closer to your hardware.

i'm not sure you'll be able to boot from your drive, you could doing booting with the -s option for single user mode and editing the file, but I think it will still crash in -s.

do you have another Mac or hackintosh that you can connect your drive too so you can edit the smbios.plist or a USB key you used for your ML install? If you have a key then boot off it and go to Utilities menu -> terminal and go change it from there.

check the /Extra folder on your Hackintosh drive, there should be a file called smbios.plist, if not try and find it on your drive (maybe it's located somewhere else with Multibeast, I have no idea).

open the file with Textedit or some other text editor, you should find the place where it mentions MacPro5,1, here's what mine looks like:

Code:
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>iMac</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>iMac12,2</string>

i'm not sure what you mean by greyed out or disk image. it should be on your main disk or your usb disk if you're booting from USB.

I have my install but i cant boot, i think its an instant kernel panic.
i can boot onto my ml usb but it jsut loads the installer, so i have the options of going to disk utility or terminal etc.
i can go to disk utility and go to file open disk image and open my ssd.
i went to extras and found the smbios.plist
or is there another way i should be finding the smbios.plist
do i open it from terminal?
sorry i've never explored using terminal or commands before

When i boot into single user mode it gives me the options to modify files
how would i find the smbios.plist from there. what commands would i type
please excuse my lack of knowledge. i know this is the reason i cant boot cause i changed to mac pro 5.1 just before i got this panic.
i just don't know how to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back