Contribute
Register

Kernel panic in reebot after installation in Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X79-UD3
CPU
i7-4820K 3.7Ghz Box
Graphics
MSI N770 TF 2GB 2GD5/OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Gigabyte GA X79 UD3
i7 4820k
MSI Gtx770 OC

I have installed Yosemite following the tutorial with Unibeast and Multibeast
I use this flags for installation: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1 to install
I installed it and reboot but when i install the multibeast and reboot without the usb i get this error.

error.jpg

Gigabyte GA X79 UD3
i7 4820k
MSI Gtx770 OC

I have installed Yosemite following the tutorial with Unibeast and Multibeast
I use this flags for installation: -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 cpus=1 to install
I installed it and reboot but when i install the multibeast and reboot without the usb i get this error.

View attachment 115625

Hi,

It's a Power Management problem. Either install NullCPUPowerManagement or figure out how to get power management working via all of the guides on the forum.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot.

I've re installed Yosemite and Multibeast with DSDT Free and NullCPUPowerManagement.

Now i cant enter in Yosemite after rebooting without the usb.

The problem now is that i have to put these flags to run the OS: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000

Thanks a lot.

I've re installed Yosemite and Multibeast with DSDT Free and NullCPUPowerManagement.

Now i cant enter in Yosemite after rebooting without the usb.

The problem now is that i have to put these flags to run the OS: -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000

Have you patched mach_kernel for your CPU? It may not be necessary for your CPU as it's Haswell. Using NullCPUPowerManagement is more of a dirty solution to PM w/ CPU's, and I would highly recommend investing some time into getting native power management working.

Mach_kernel patch and info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ng-kernel-haswell-cpus-xcpm-early-reboot.html

Power Management info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-other-laptops.html (Note this is for laptops, but most of it applies to desktops as well, assuming you have a desktop via your signature)

Cheers!

Thanks again.

I think my CPU it's not Haswell. I think that it's an Ivy Bridge-E.
So Should i have to pach de mach_kernel to? in this case, can i do with the same guide you told me before?

Thanks again.

I think my CPU it's not Haswell. I think that it's an Ivy Bridge-E.
So Should i have to pach de mach_kernel to? in this case, can i do with the same guide you told me before?

If you have Ivy Bridge-E I'm pretty sure you don't need to patch mach_kernel, but I'm not entirely sure. And you still can use the Power Management guide, as it's useful for everyone ...

FYI:

If you use Clover (HIGHLY RECOMMEND), you can patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement very simply if you download Clover Configurator and set "AsusAICPUPM" to true. Clover will patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement automatically if you do that.

EDIT: If you want to patch mach_kernel with Clover, all you have to do is set "KernelPm" to true in Clover Configurator.

Cheers!

I tried installing clover in the installation that i had with multibeast already installed. I checked the "AsusAICPUPM" and "KernelPm" and exported the config.plis to EFI/CLOVER/ and restart but nothing changed.

So i tried with a new installation. Following this tutorial but when i to "Step 3 Install OSX Yosemite" at point 4 when i choose "
Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite"
Its get stucked. first only with the apple logo and 15 seconds later it appears a bar but it gets stucked there forever.

i've tried putting flags in options. There where already this flags:"dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1" and i add "cpus=1 npci=0x200" but same stuck and i tried with this:
"
dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 -x -v -f cpus=1 npci=0x200" but i got this it stays some seconds in ther first image an the goes to the other
2.jpg3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back