Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic during first boot (HP Pavilion dv6-6c65sl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Since i can run keyboard and mouse only in -x mode, can i install kexts in safe mode? I tried to install ps2 drivers in multibeast but installation didn't succeed

Thank you. Since i can run keyboard and mouse only in -x mode, can i install kexts in safe mode? I tried to install ps2 drivers in multibeast but installation didn't succeed

You can install them in safe mode...

I read it, but in the folder there is no .kext file to install

I read it, but in the folder there is no .kext file to install

Read the whole thing, slowly and carefully. Print it out if necessary for better comprehension.

Pay special attention to the section titled "Downloads:"

I'm sorry, I'm a newbie to the whole thing (os x understanding included) and it's not that easy for me. But thanks again, you made me happy! Another question: installing KernelPatcher will allow me to boot without bootflags, right? But will it also fix the 1 core issue and allow to run with all the cores? (i'm i7)

I'm sorry, I'm a newbie to the whole thing (os x understanding included) and it's not that easy for me. But thanks again, you made me happy! Another question: installing KernelPatcher will allow me to boot without bootflags, right? But will it also fix the 1 core issue and allow to run with all the cores? (i'm i7)

If your laptop is subject to Local APIC panic without cpus=1, using the KernelPatcher module will allow you to boot without cpus=1. It does not affect the need for other flags which may be required by your hardware configuration.

I found the ssdt for my i7 (from an older post of yours).. in order to install it, do i just have to move the file in the /Extra and replace the older one?

I found the ssdt for my i7 (from an older post of yours).. in order to install it, do i just have to move the file in the /Extra and replace the older one?

What is the source/purpose of "the older one"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back