Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic. Can't even install 10.9.2 on first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank youuu!!!!

-x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096

works ! :D

Kernel Panic. HAVING PROBLEM INSTALLING 10.9.3 MAVERICK on first build.

i followed the Buyer's guide and built the customac Budget with the Gigabyte motherboard, Crucial Ballistix 8gb RAm and Samsung 120 GB SSD. i followed every step of the installation guide, including the BIOs setting. I am trying to install 10.9.3 Maverick on this build.

I keep getting the similar Kernel Panic like the other people who posted here. Please help anybody.

I deleted AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext as suggested by the other people posting here. Also, i tried many boot flags with no luck.

PLEASE HELP

Hey, mate!

Sorry to hear that. I have a big project to edit on my Hackintosh and won't be upgrading anytime soon. I'm still on 10.9.2, so, I'm sorry I can't be of any help at the moment.
I hope you can work it out and let us know what was causing the panics.
Good luck!

i followed the Buyer's guide and built the customac Budget with the Gigabyte motherboard, Crucial Ballistix 8gb RAm and Samsung 120 GB SSD. i followed every step of the installation guide, including the BIOs setting. I am trying to install 10.9.3 Maverick on this build.

I keep getting the similar Kernel Panic like the other people who posted here. Please help anybody.

I deleted AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext as suggested by the other people posting here. Also, i tried many boot flags with no luck.

PLEASE HELP

try nvda_drv=1 and maybe look for agpm unknown platform message
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/64586-gt-640-agpm-unknownplatform-fix.html

I have been trying to get Mavericks installed from Snow Leopard on a Haswell build for couple months now. I have been getting the freed zone element error but recently it went away. But a new issue happens. The screen is just stuck at the Apple logo with no loading or anything. After i removed
the AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext files from USB it seemed to have fixed the kernel panic error stating the freed zone element has been modified...etc..Please any suggestions? Do I need to get an internal graphics card??? I thought we could use the Intel Processor Graphics correct?

some of the most recent commands I have tried
-x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes maxmem=2048
i have also tried slower frequencies on the Ram and also using maxmem=4096. I am happy to not be seeing kernel panics anymore but now am clueless what to do next. I have been trying to get this resolved in a similar thread here too.

My specs are:
GA Z87N-Wifi (version F5)
Intel i3-4340
4Gb G.Skill
Kingston 120Gb SSD

Monitor is plugged in via onboard DVI and have also tried HDMI

initial display output is: IFGX
XHCI hand-off: Enabled
EHCI hand-off: Enabled
XHCI Mode: Auto
Boot Mode selection: Legacy
Sata Mode Selection: AHCI

Thank you so much.
I had the same problem and
maxmem=4096 -x
worked for me.

Thanks! It was this exact combination (maxmem=4096 -x) that did the trick for me as well. All other combinations failed. :roll2:

maxmem=4096 did the trick for me. Thanks!

it is not solution
problem causes full bank memory

OK, made it past the error. Thank you!

To be thorough:

I've deleted AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IONetworkingFamily.kext.

I boot with -x GraphicsEnabler=yes PCIRootUID=0 maxmem=4096

I needed ALL those flags. maxmem alone did not do the trick.

I love you :3 works fine for me without deleting kexts.
GA-Z87-DH3
Core i3 4360
Nvidia 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back