Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic. Can't even install 10.9.2 on first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
graphicsenabler=no -x maxmem=4096 This will solve your problem
Thank you so much!
The maxmem=4096 flag fixed my kernel panic during Unibeast install (10.9.5).

graphicsenabler=no -x maxmem=4096 This will solve your problem

Had the exact same problem. Thank you so much for this tip!

Intel i5 4460
Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1333MHz
nVidia GTX260 OC (PCIe, connected via DVI)
Keyboard connected via PS/2, mouse via USB

Here's the situation: currently I have two NTFS partitions. The first one has 40gb with Windows 8.1 installed on it, and the other one around 400gb. I plan to format the first partition (40gb) and install MacOS (Yosemite) on that partition.

I get the same error when trying to install Yosemite using UniBeast. I've checked all of the BIOS settings (VT-D, optimized settings etc.) and it fails to load the installer.
I've tried every possible combination of boot flags, and even removed one RAM memory, but still nothing.

Any idea how to bypass the panic problem? I'm desperate :/

P.S. I know that this thread is in Mavericks Support, but I didn't want to open the new thread regarding the same issue.

^Thank you. It worked. I removed GPU and used -x (didn't work without it). Later I'll try installing Yosemite and then bring back nVidia GPU.

Thanks again.

Thanks a million!!! I was having lots of kernel panics and this flag helped me to get to the installer.

I used: -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No maxmem=4096

Thank you!! These flags did it for me :D

--- My settings.

System Stats:
MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (same this without the Black Edition [BK])
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX760 Dual FTW ACX 4GB
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

The CPU has VT-d enabled by default. The Gigabyte 'smart' bios is a pain to get around and find the VT-d Setting to disable it, so I'd recommend changing the view to 'Classic'. That makes it a lot easier. (VT-d can be found under the 'BIOS Settings' tab)

Hope that helps others like me starting out new with a similar build. :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot ! this topic was the first help I founded for my first problem amongst my (many) problems while doing my first build (that is almost functional now, a little this and a little that to do to be fully ready to replace the mac pro 1,1).

thanks again !​

Thank you so much my friend!!!! This worked for me too!! :D I have 8 minutes remaining on install now. Installing Yosemite on i5 4440 CPU with nvidia geforce gtx 750ti 2gb GPU and gigabyte motherboard also 8gb DDR3 ram :)

Thank you so much my friend!!!! This worked for me too!! :D I have 8 minutes remaining on install now. Installing Yosemite on i5 4440 CPU with nvidia geforce gtx 750ti 2gb GPU and gigabyte motherboard also 8gb DDR3 ram :)

i havd a 4690k asus z97m plus an 2 sticks of 8gb kingston value.

when i try i get the panic cpu3 caller: a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64...."

wat do i do

I too have just experienced this same sorry message.

My solution was to remove the Eithernet cable - then by magic it all worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back