Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rehabman
I was trying to update my sony vaio se from 10.9.5 to yosemite. I used unibeast to finish my update. When I move my old AppleHDA kext back and reboot. I found that my audio is not working. And I only could log in yosemite with my USB driver and -f command.
If I use chameleon to boot, I got
View attachment 107435

No idea without ioreg. And your attachment is broken.

I mean I got error, PCI configuration end. Have no idea with it.

No photo, no full description of what you're doing, no idea...

Fellow MonkeyBook Users ....

I will be posting a new/updated guide for OSX 10.10 Yosemite...

Jay, looking forward to your new guide. I tried with the guides posted in the forum. I got Yosemite installed on my VPCSE with Unibeast but could not make the way with Clover. With Clover in Legacy mode, I got the infamous "Waiting for root device thing". I also tried Clover in UEFI mode, but it seems that my VPCSE cannot boot in UEFI mode.

Anyway to boot the Sony VPC SE in UEFI mode? I flashed the BIOS to R2087H4 with the advanced menu. There is only an "UEFI Boot" option, which I chose "Enabled". But it seems it is still not boot in UEFI mode.

Jay, looking forward to your new guide. I tried with the guides posted in the forum. I got Yosemite installed on my VPCSE with Unibeast but could not make the way with Clover. With Clover in Legacy mode, I got the infamous "Waiting for root device thing". I also tried Clover in UEFI mode, but it seems that my VPCSE cannot boot in UEFI mode.

@pgh550,

And their lies the issue i'm working on at the moment, since FileNVRAM is no longer supported using Chameleon or Chimer as the boot-loader under OSX 10.0, it's impossible to get iMessage working correctly i've got a few ideas but the ****ty H2O Bios sony use is a bit of a brick wall at the moment but i'm working on it and trying to debug why its so reluctant to boot Clover in legacy or UEFI mode ..

All the other issues such as sound .. etc should be fairly straight forward to resolve by patching OSX 10.10 kexts which i haven't had time to look at just yet but its on my to-do-list and will do it once i'm happy with the boot-loader. I will only Post the guide once I'm happy that everything is working as well as or better than Mavericks.

In the mean time if you or others make any progress with Clover on Sony S series then please post feedback.

Cheers
Jay

Hello fellow Monkeybook users!

First off, many props to JayMonkey for hackintoshing this laptop. I am sad to say that after 2+ years of owning a Vaio VPCSE190X, I just found this thread. (Well, last week anyway). And, I can report that I have a 95% functional 10.9.5 build on my Vaio thanks to the work already done here.

So, here was my process and my current/old issues:

1. Create unibeast for 10.9.5 from MB Pro.
2. Download the zip file in this thread.
3. Install OSx
- this part was weird, my graphics did not show on laptop screen
- Used HDMI and ran through installer
4. Boot new OSx installation and run Multibeast using profile in zip
- same graphics issue
- loaded the Extra folder and Kext Utilitied the kexts in the zip to resolve laptop display issue
5. Installed Trackpad per txt file instructions
6. Had DSMOS issue, found the RehabMan latest from this thread, and resolved the DSMOS/FakeSMC issue - YAY (thanks Rehabman!)

I am using an Airlink 101 Wireless USB to get WiFi - and I would also note that replacing the Wifi card would render the WiDi functionality in Windows as non-functional (big loss I know since I have never used it!)

Here are my current challenges:
1. USB 3.0 port does not work.
- have tried Multibeast 6.5 & 6.4.2 to reinstall the generic usb 3 drivers
2. Trackpack will freeze occassionally and lock up
- requires a reboot to fix
- sometimes I use the machine for hours and this does not occur
- seems to occur right after screen changes (Hot Corner --> Monitor Off --> Re-Wake --> Trackpad freeze)

Any help for my current challenges is appreciated. Also, I look forward to trying to help this community keep their Monkeybooks running tip-top!

As it is, this hackintosh is running very well on my Vaio. Including: Brightness w/ Fn-Pause/Break / Fn-Delete, FN -Volume Up/Down, etc.

I would like to replace the WiFi card with the Broadcom that JayMonkey has referenced - i may do that soon to avoid needing a USB dongle. FWIW - I was unsure when reading this thread if the original Intel WiFi 6230 was supported as part of this installation. Alas, after further research, the Intel WiFi card will never work since Apple does not use it.

That is all. Thanks JayMonkey and RehabMan for all you do!

Last edited:
Hello fellow Monkeybook users!

First off, many props to JayMonkey for hackintoshing this laptop. I am sad to say that after 2+ years of owning a Vaio VPCSE190X, I just found this thread. (Well, last week anyway). And, I can report that I have a 95% functional 10.9.5 build on my Vaio thanks to the work already done here.

So, here was my process and my current/old issues:

1. Create unibeast for 10.9.5 from MB Pro.
2. Download the zip file in this thread.
3. Install OSx
- this part was weird, my graphics did not show on laptop screen
- Used HDMI and ran through installer
4. Boot new OSx installation and run Multibeast using profile in zip
- same graphics issue
- loaded the Extra folder and Kext Utilitied the kexts in the zip to resolve laptop display issue
5. Installed Trackpad per txt file instructions
6. Had DSMOS issue, found the RehabMan latest from this thread, and resolved the DSMOS/FakeSMC issue - YAY (thanks Rehabman!)

I am using an Airlink 101 Wireless USB to get WiFi - and I would also note that replacing the Wifi card would render the WiDi functionality in Windows as non-functional (big loss I know since I have never used it!)

Here are my current challenges:
1. USB 3.0 port does not work.
- have tried Multibeast 6.5 & 6.4.2 to reinstall the generic usb 3 drivers
2. Trackpack will freeze occassionally and lock up
- requires a reboot to fix
- sometimes I use the machine for hours and this does not occur
- seems to occur right after screen changes (Hot Corner --> Monitor Off --> Re-Wake --> Trackpad freeze)

Any help for my current challenges is appreciated. Also, I look forward to trying to help this community keep their Monkeybooks running tip-top!

As it is, this hackintosh is running very well on my Vaio. Including: Brightness w/ Fn-Pause/Break / Fn-Delete, FN -Volume Up/Down, etc.

I would like to replace the WiFi card with the Broadcom that JayMonkey has referenced - i may do that soon to avoid needing a USB dongle. FWIW - I was unsure when reading this thread if the original Intel WiFi 6230 was supported as part of this installation. Alas, after further research, the Intel WiFi card will never work since Apple does not use it.

That is all. Thanks JayMonkey and RehabMan for all you do!

Hey for the touchpad part, make sure you didn't touch "Prt Sc Sys Rq" key, which is near Pause Break and will freeze ur touchpad. I had same issue. I pressed that key by mistake, when I adjusted brightness.

Hey for the touchpad part, make sure you didn't touch "Prt Sc Sys Rq" key, which is near Pause Break and will freeze ur touchpad. I had same issue. I pressed that key by mistake, when I adjusted brightness.

It won't freeze anything. It is the toggle key for touchpad on/off. Just press it again...

Greetings Jay,
I have the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB/BCM94352 802.11/ac/867Mbps WLAN + BT4.0 which has been working, but had suddenly gotten very slow, especially in downloading. After carefully following your instructions installing the kext files, plus the terminal patches, (hoping this would get my back up to decent wireless speeds) my card seems to have vanished--in the menu bar I see just a greyed out wifi icon with a white X. And in system prefs/network there is absolutely nothing there, not even ethernet and I have to force quit out of System Prefs. Admittedly I did NOT remove the card prior to installing the kexts and making the patches in terminal. How can I tell if my card is fried? and what are the odds it is? One more thing--in System Info under Wi-Fi it says IO80211 Family: (null) ((null))

Here's an IOReg dump in case it helps:
View attachment Peter’s Mac Pro.ioreg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back