Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great News!
I figured out that the system will recognize four finger scroll as"^+command+ 'the direction'". So if u go to keyboard shortcurt and set it to what you need, you will get four finger function as real macbook.
For example:
I set, four finger up as "mission control".
four finger dow as "show desktop".
four finger left as "scroll to left desktop".
four finger right as "scroll to right desktop".
It works!!! So excited.

In my SA,the system recognize three finger scroll instead of four finger scroll. Maybe it's due to different touchpad controller. BTW, does anyone know how to set keyboard shortcut so the "go to previous page" and "go to next page" of safari will work by finger scroll/swipe?

In my SA,the system recognize three finger scroll instead of four finger scroll. Maybe it's due to different touchpad controller. BTW, does anyone know how to set keyboard shortcut so the "go to previous page" and "go to next page" of safari will work by finger scroll/swipe?

@yuchen1211,

Give 'Better Touch Tool' a go , download for free here :-

http://www.boastr.net/

Not sure if it will work with SA/ALPS but worth a shot .. if it works you can define your own gestures for any app ... however it depends on how well the ALPS kext driver adheres to the Apple standard API as to if it will work ...... if it says 'no TouchPad found' then your out of luck.

Cheers
Jay

@pongchang,

Sorry for late reply, Can you see the Brightness slider in Display Settings ?-

View attachment 105576If not check out ReHabMans brightness patches, also you should be using fn + Pause/Break & fn + Delete to adjust screen brightness.

Remove the old script file ('ssdtPRGen.sh' usually in the root of your user folder) and try again using the method on post #594. The gen script has recently been updated to support more CPU's. also be sure to use the Intel Power Gadget to monitor the CPU after installing the SSDT not all 3rd Party apps (such as iStat Menus) show all the intermediate P-States.

Read the instructions on the github hub repo for 'ssdtPRGen.sh' sometimes it is necessary to manually specify Max freq, turbo rate ... etc

Cheers
Jay
Thank you Jay, the problem seems is when the apple bluetooth keyboard is connected, the Fn+Pause/Delete will not work. When it is disconnected, it's own keyboard works. Not a big problem.

I can't try more about the CPU because I don't have a charger right now. When I got my charger, I will try it and also install Yosemite in UEFI mode with clover.

@Jaymonkey @yuchen1211

I just read the discussion about the Wifi/BT card replacement and I would rather to believe it's different parts Sony Vaio SA/SE used, but not different BT chips or firmware of the AW-CE123H.

For @yuchen1211, it's very easy to verify what I said. Just check the intel 6205 wifi card been replaced, if there is any information about BT module, such as BT MAC. If you can't find any about the BT, then your SA BT chips are installed on the motherboard, which is same as mine, BCM2070.

I encounter this problem when I replace my wifi card with an Atheros AR9285/AR3011 combo card based on information from another forum. Then there comes out lots of weird BT problems which troubled me several weeks. Once I have realized there are two BT module installed, I replaced another AR9287 as CyberWalnus recommended which is also cheap and works prefect with BCM2070.

I begin to read your discussion because of trying to find a solution for Yosemite Handoff function which is supported by BT4.0. Obviously BCM2070 can't do it. To get this AW-CE123H working, I need to take away BCM2070 and AR9287. The position of BCM2070 on the motherboard is shown on this article about installing an original SONY solo BT module. The photos is clear enough even you can't read Chinese or let Google Chrome translate it.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_704b81b00101j48w.html

Hope this will help.

Cheers

Pongchang

I followed http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html beginning with Step 4 to install Clover onto the Yosemite partition installed with UniBeast and it works fine. At beginning no USB port worked, neither bluetooth, which uses the USB transport. After some trial and error, I disable the legacy USB support in BIOS and every begin to work. With advice from Rehabman, I replaced GenericUSBXHCI with AppleUSBXHCI kext and USB3 port works too.

I followed the instruction in http://b.rthr.me/wp/?p=551 to fix the iMessage. Jay has a more comprehensive guide on fixing messages which addresses more issues.
Hey dude
Did u just reinstalled Yosemite? Or Updated it?
I'm thinking that we may can replace clover with chameleon in Mavericks and then update to Yosemite.
What kind of Kexts did add to your Vaio se in Yosemite? Is our BIOS support UEFI? Thanks!

@yuchen1211,

Give 'Better Touch Tool' a go , download for free here :-

http://www.boastr.net/

Not sure if it will work with SA/ALPS but worth a shot .. if it works you can define your own gestures for any app ... however it depends on how well the ALPS kext driver adheres to the Apple standard API as to if it will work ...... if it says 'no TouchPad found' then your out of luck.

Cheers
Jay

@Jay
It seems I'm out out luck since I got 'no multitouch capable trackpad found' after it ran. Anyway, still thanks for the information

@Jaymonkey @yuchen1211

I just read the discussion about the Wifi/BT card replacement and I would rather to believe it's different parts Sony Vaio SA/SE used, but not different BT chips or firmware of the AW-CE123H.

For @yuchen1211, it's very easy to verify what I said. Just check the intel 6205 wifi card been replaced, if there is any information about BT module, such as BT MAC. If you can't find any about the BT, then your SA BT chips are installed on the motherboard, which is same as mine, BCM2070.

I encounter this problem when I replace my wifi card with an Atheros AR9285/AR3011 combo card based on information from another forum. Then there comes out lots of weird BT problems which troubled me several weeks. Once I have realized there are two BT module installed, I replaced another AR9287 as CyberWalnus recommended which is also cheap and works prefect with BCM2070.

I begin to read your discussion because of trying to find a solution for Yosemite Handoff function which is supported by BT4.0. Obviously BCM2070 can't do it. To get this AW-CE123H working, I need to take away BCM2070 and AR9287. The position of BCM2070 on the motherboard is shown on this article about installing an original SONY solo BT module. The photos is clear enough even you can't read Chinese or let Google Chrome translate it.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_704b81b00101j48w.html

Hope this will help.

Cheers

Pongchang

@Pongchang,
Thanks for the information. You're right, I just checked the intel 6205 wifi card replaced and there is no information about BT module, such as BT MAC. So to make AW-CE123H BT working, I need to remove the BT chip installed on the motherboard, right? From the link provided, it seems that he disassembled lots of parts and cleaned for the dust. And finally he installed a BT module on the motherboard. If I only want to remove the original BT module, will it take lost of effort to do so?

I need to remove the BT chip installed on the motherboard, right? From the link provided, it seems that he disassembled lots of parts and cleaned for the dust. And finally he installed a BT module on the motherboard. If I only want to remove the original BT module, will it take lost of effort to do so?

@yuchen1211,

On Sony SE (and I think SA/SB) the BT is part of the mini PCIe card that also has the WiFi .... not sure why you think its necessary to dismantle the laptop, you only need to remove the battery cover as detailed in my guide.

If your having issues with BT under 10.9.5 (or later) it's possible that the issue lies with the USB3 kext .. i've seen this on a number of systems now, remove any and all generic USB3 kexts from /S/L/E and replace with RehabMans build from here :-

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Always use Kext Utility to install and rebuild kext cache

The USB protocol is used to control the BT chip (transport control)

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,
Have you enabled CE123H under Yosemite? Is the procedure still the same? Continuity works? I just bought this card in order to enable full funcionality on my 10.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back