Contribute
Register

Jays MonkeyBook Pro - The Ultimate Sony VPC-SE CustoMac Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@rchen29,

It can only be an issue with FakeSMC and its plugins .... you originally posted that you installed the latest FakeSMC into /L/E ???? and then moved them to /S/L/E ?. This is not the correct way to install a kext. If i was you i would remove any trace of FakeSMC from both /L/E and /S/L/E and run Kext Utility to rebuild the cache. Then without re-booting run Multibeast 6.2.2 and re-install Fake SMC and it's plugins (also re install HWMonitor just to be sure).

Once installed re-boot and and see how things are.

Cheers
Jay

It works! Thanks again Jay!!!
By the way, is your airdrop working? I can't find my laptop when I using my airdrop with my iPhone 5s. I guess this is the problem about bluetooth part. Do u have any idea? Thanks again!

Your problem is that NullCPUPowerManagement.kext is installed.

Good spot RM ...

@yuchen1211,

Just delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /S/L/E and rebuild caches (run kext utility) reboot and you should then be running on managed cpu power.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks both of you. I think I forgot to delete NullCPUPowerManagement.kext after upgrading to 10.9.5. Now the p-state injection works.

@rchen29,

It can only be an issue with FakeSMC and its plugins .... you originally posted that you installed the latest FakeSMC into /L/E ???? and then moved them to /S/L/E ?. This is not the correct way to install a kext. If i was you i would remove any trace of FakeSMC from both /L/E and /S/L/E and run Kext Utility to rebuild the cache. Then without re-booting run Multibeast 6.2.2 and re-install Fake SMC and it's plugins (also re install HWMonitor just to be sure).

Once installed re-boot and and see how things are.

Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay, I found that the brightness in mac is much more dark even it is max brightness. Do you know how we can fix it?

Hey Jay, I found that the brightness in mac is much more dark even it is max brightness. Do you know how we can fix it?

Implement full brightness control...

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Implement full brightness control...

HD3000/HD4000 Brightness Fix:
DSDT Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply:
"Rename GFX0 to IGPU"
"Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
- rename patch must be done first and to all DSDT/SSDT that contain references to GFX0 that you're including in your final SSDT set
- Brightness patch must be done to the DSDT or SSDT that contains the definition for Device GFX0 (search for 'Device (GFX0)'
- Place DSDT and SSDT (if necessary) into a place where the bootloader will load them. For Clover, EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched (DSDT.aml, SSDT-x.aml where 'x' is a number). For Chameleon, /Extra/ssdt.aml, /Exra/ssdt-1.aml, /Extra/ssdt-2.aml, etc.

Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Thanks so much for your reply!
I already have Jay's DSDT and SSDT because we have same laptop.
So, Should I just go to edit DSDT file to set new range for brightness? How can I do it?
Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your reply!
I already have Jay's DSDT and SSDT because we have same laptop.
So, Should I just go to edit DSDT file to set new range for brightness? How can I do it?
Thanks again!

Your GFX0 device was likely in DSDT. And you probably already have the rename. So just apply the "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)" and install ACPIBacklight.kext.

Hi, Jay,

Did you try Yosemite? When will you start a thread of Yosemite on Sony VPC-SE?

Cheers,

Hi, Jay,

Did you try Yosemite? When will you start a thread of Yosemite on Sony VPC-SE?

Cheers,

Fellow MonkeyBook Users ....

I will be posting a new/updated guide for OSX 10.10 Yosemite, however it's not going to be for a few weeks as I am working on quite a number of projects at the moment and since 10.9.5 is so stable on all my machines which i use each and every day for design/web/video/coding .. etc i'm in no hurry to inflict down-time on myself.

Whilst there are some great new features in 10.10, i've never been one to jump to a V1.0 of a new OS, despite all the private and public beta's, there are bound to be a few un-documented-features (bugs) either with the OS its-self or with support for running existing applications, its bound to impact some apps and i just cant afford to loose any of my work-flow right now ... so before updating I'm going to wait for a week or so just to let things settle.

However i am working on 10.10, I've got a seperate/dedicated desktop system that i'm using as a test bed to debug 10.10 iMessage issues on which i hope to get up-and running later today...

I can tell you that i'm about a third of the way through with the new guide for the Sony, and that the new build is using clover for the boot-loader which will make the build more future proof to software updates and will use some dynamic kext patching for things like the Bluetooth and WiFi ... etc

Stay tuned .... but be patent ...

Cheers
Jay

Your GFX0 device was likely in DSDT. And you probably already have the rename. So just apply the "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)" and install ACPIBacklight.kext.

Hey Rehabman
I was trying to update my sony vaio se from 10.9.5 to yosemite. I used unibeast to finish my update. When I move my old AppleHDA kext back and reboot. I found that my audio is not working. And I only could log in yosemite with my USB driver and -f command.
If I use chameleon to boot, I got
View attachment 107435

Can u help me?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back