Hi there,

Here is the list of components :
GA-Z97X-GAMING GT
i7-4790K
GT970 G1 gaming
2x Crucial 8Go PC3-12800 800 MHz
2xSSD samsung 850 evo pro

If not enough, ask for it.

I installed El captain using the main guide.

then choose ConfigInit.mb in multicast post-install (cf. attached)

OK, Problems are :

#1 - Kernel Panic / Bootloader non functional

clover rev 3330
I can only boot with the unibeast key I made for the install.
I tried to import standard config.plist to EFI on SSD or change it manually => not OK
I attached the config.plist of the key and my config.plist and the panic kernel log
Moreover the booting sequence takes a long time

Resolution 1 :
I used clover configurator to generate an config.plist
It seems to boot well. Few more tests and #1 can be solved.
But it is still a slow boot (after I selected partition in clover menu)

01.11.16 - Bootloader still broken... Can't boot without the key today

#2 - USB 3.0 not working

I really need your help.
Thanks.

#4 - Multiboot Windows won't boot

I installed Windows on another SSD, following this guide : http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html
I reinstalled Clover, keeping the same config.plist.
When I boot on Clover, I have 4 listed partitions :
- OSX
- Recovery OS X
- Windows HD1 (apparently Legacy)
- Windows HD2 (apparently Legacy)

Neither Windows HD1 nor HD2 boots using clover...

#3 - no audio device SOLVED

ALC1150
I may create a post to http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html
but if you have any idea..

Resolution 1 :
Redo the AppleHDA guide and it worked this time

#4 - Only one Ram module SOLVED

2x crucial tactical 8Go
Currently OS X accept 8go not 16go
See Attachement

Resolution 1 :
Ram 2 unplugged and replugged, my bad

Edit #1 : USB 3.0 is not working
Edit #2 : clover partially solved, logging keyboard layout solved
Edit #3 : sleep, wake is ok
Edit #4 : Bootloader still broken
Edit #5 : AppleHDA ok
Edit #6 : RAM ok
Edit #7 : Reorganize points + New Issue Multiboot

Attachments

• configkey.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 139
  • config.plist
    3.7 KB · Views: 229
  • ConfigInit.mb
    5.2 KB · Views: 143
  • Kernel.panic.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Capture d’écran 2016-01-09 à 17.40.43.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-01-09 à 17.40.43.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Hi

I'm running a stable dual-booting Hac based on your board. I can possibly help, but you might want to consider starting from scratch.

Let's take this from the top:

PRE-INSTALL HOUSEKEEPING & BIOS SETTINGS
Follow the steps on the 10.11 install guide. The settings for a Gigabyte board are here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/130920-recommended-bios-uefi-settings-beginners.html

In addition, navigate to the Peripherals tab and enable EHCI Hand-Off. And disable the intel graphics. Your GTX 970 is more than capable of doing this by itself. Just remember to boot with nv_disable=1 until you get the drivers installed.

While you're at it, now that 10.11.3 is out, you could recreate your Unibeast drive with that.

BOOTLOADER
I took a look at your MultiBeast config, and it looks like you've selected a few things you don't need or shouldn't use. If you're willing, erase and reinstall. When you get to MultiBeast, skip the Quick Start and use these options (.mb file attached for convenience):

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > Intel Generic AHCI SATA
(optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA *OR* 3rd Party eSATA. (Not both. Your MultiBeast config suggested you installed both, which could cause problems. Install accordingly depending on how you intend to use the Marvell ports on the board. Don't install if you never plan to use those ports.)
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor
Drivers > Network > Atheros > AtherosE2200Ethernet
Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customise > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2

And that's it. Install these and reboot. You should now have a system that can boot without life support. Just remember to boot with nv_disable=1 until you get the nvidia web drivers up and running.

On your next boot:
1) grab Clover Configurator, run it
2) mount your EFI partition
3) load /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
4) go to SMBIOS tab, click the magic wand
5) select iMac, then iMac 14,2 from the drop-down menu
6) click the shake boxes and generate a serial number, click OK
7) go to Boot tab, tick nvda_drv=1
8) Make any other fit and finish changes while you're here
9) save, and exit Clover Configurator
10) get the nvidia web drivers from http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/97587/ (this one is for 10.11.3)
11) install and restart

You should now be up and running with full graphics support. And hopefully onboard audio too.

USB
Define "USB 3.0 not working". "USB 3.0 devices not on USB 3.0 bus or running at USB 3.0 speed"? Or "USB 3.0 ports don't work at all"? I can't help with the former (I'd love to solve that problem myself), but I can at least help get those ports doing something.

Do try your USB3.0 ports before doing this. If they work, you've not only saved yourself the trouble, but you've also found the holy grail. (I only turned on EHCI handoff yesterday in my attempts to fix things). If they don't work, however:

1) Download KextBeast http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=308
2) download, and unpack, RehabMan's FakePCIID package https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads/RehabMan-FakePCIID-2015-1229.zip
3) from the unpacked FakePCIID folder, go to "release" and put FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext on the desktop
4) run KextBeast. When prompted, install to /Library/Extensions
5) restart once you're done

This should at least get the ports working, albeit in 2.0 mode, pending someone smarter getting the whole 2.0/3.0 handoff working properly. If not, use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist to add FixUSB to the ACPI options.

DUAL BOOTING
The guide you followed advises you install Windows as legacy. That guide is, unfortunately, out of date. It assumes you're using Chimera, which prefers legacy installs of Windows like yours. Clover, on the other hand, hates legacy Windows. To get your system dual-booting with legacy Windows, you'll have to do some editing of Windows' boot config with EasyBCD.

Your board is perfectly happy with UEFI OSes, though, so you're better off installing Windows as UEFI. This will need a fresh install, I'm afraid - it is technically possible, but complicated and risky, to convert legacy to UEFI.

So, once you have OS X running okay:
1) DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR OS X DRIVE.
2) insert your Windows install media
3) Hit F12 to get the boot menu, and select the UEFI Windows installer
4) when the option appears, select Custom.
5) Get to the disk select option, click the More Options link
6) You now need to delete ALL the partitions on your target Windows disk. Leave your OSX disk alone - otherwise, you'll have to do everything over again.
7) You should now have only unallocated space on your target Windows disk. Click New, then Apply.
8) Click Next. Don't worry if you see a "Windows can't be installed to this disk" error - as long as you can click Next, you're okay.
9) What should happen now is that Windows will be installed to your target Windows disk, which is now formatted as GPT. Its EFI bootloader, meanwhile, will be installed on your OS X disk's EFI partition, next door to Clover. Don't worry about this - Clover is perfectly safe in its own folder. Your computer will boot into Windows by default for the time being, but we'll fix this shortly.
10) Once you have Windows set up and running, go into your BIOS settings. Under BIOS features, set Boot Option #1 (which should now be Windows) to UEFI OS

On your next reboot, you should now be back in Clover, where you'll have, among others, an option to load Windows from UEFI (on mine, it's right next to the OS X option).

AUDIO DEVICE
You should already have fixed this during Clover setup. The acid test is if you can select "Internal Speakers" as your output device. If you can't see Internal Speakers as an output device, try enabling FixHDA in the ACPI section of your config.plist.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Tsumugi.mb
    3.5 KB · Views: 123
  • Tsumugi.plist
    5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Hallelujah !!
Thank you so much Jeipiika for your reply (and what a reply !)

So :

you might want to consider starting from scratch.

I am a bit scared about that but I made backups so...

PRE-INSTALL HOUSEKEEPING & BIOS SETTINGS
Follow the steps on the 10.11 install guide. The settings for a Gigabyte board are here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/...beginners.html

In addition, navigate to the Peripherals tab and enable EHCI Hand-Off. And disable the intel graphics. Your GTX 970 is more than capable of doing this by itself. Just remember to boot with nv_disable=1 until you get the drivers installed.

I wrote down this help and will reconfigure properly BIOS setup :
Currently I did not disable intel graphics

While you're at it, now that 10.11.3 is out, you could recreate your Unibeast drive with that.

This scares me too because this is the only full working boot loader.

BOOTLOADER [...]

I took notes and apply this in case of a reinstall

Usb ports... I finally succeeded in getting these work.
I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and ports work.
But how can I test them to see if it is 2.0 or 3.0 ??
(Best do that before reinstall...?)

DUAL BOOTING

Whereas guide recommended Legacy, I early figured it would be incompatible with UEFI Clover.

So I am glad to declare : Windows is already installed in UEFI

Here is a cookie for you 4645_she_cookie_tmbaa.jpg
Thanks again a lot

No problem at all. If it's of help to you or anyone else, mission accomplished.

Usb ports... I finally succeeded in getting these work.
I installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and ports work.
But how can I test them to see if it is 2.0 or 3.0 ??
(Best do that before reinstall...?)

This takes a little time and patience. Plug a USB 3.0 device (flash drive, for example) into one of the USB 3.0 ports. Then open System Information. Click USB in the sidebar. If your flash drive shows up on the USB 3.0 bus, all is working like it should. If it's on the 2.0 bus, then the handoff isn't working. Try the ports in turn just to make sure, but remember to quit and relaunch System Information between tries - it doesn't refresh when you disconnect and reconnect a device.

Best of luck with your rig. :) I might go write a guide...

It is USB 2.0
Thank you for the tip

I am going to start from scratch... YOSH

I might go write a guide...

Yes go for it your good at explanations.
------------------------------------------------
I am back !

So what is working ?
- booting OS X : it is even faster than previous boot timespan
- nvidia graphics
- sound is just ok :)
- basics : USB keyboard, wifi, eth
- USB 3.0 ports not working at all

What is not working ?

Not tested :
- boot windows through Clover

Ok bad news :
I reinstalled Windows UEFI mode and now every time I boot on Mac OSX partition, it automatically boots on Windows
I used unibeast key to boot on OSX then updated clover. Still the same.
I reinstalled Clover via mutlibeast, still the same.

I think I might unplug the osx drive before windows installation....
Thus booting with unibeast key gives me no sound
I need your help on that
-------------------------

SUCCESS

Ok I had to reinstall both distributions, but now it is working.
I installed OSX, configured it
installed windows
rebooted on UEFI OS and not Mac OS X (why IDK)

And now I can boot both systems with clover
Thank you so much

Last edited:
Yay! Glad to know you're up and dual-booting.

If you're still having problems with USB 3.0, you'll be happy to know I managed to get mine working after a lot of fighting. The guide is here
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-ga-z97x-gaming-gt-i7-5790-msi-gtx-960-a.html

Basically, it goes like this:
1) grab a copy of RehabMan's USBInjectAll.kext from https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads
2) Grab the config.plist on my guide
3) apply the ACPI and kext patches in that plist - specifically the EHC* renames and the USB kext patch that raises the USB port limit.
4) (optional) delete FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from wherever they're installed. You can apparently leave them on to route the EHCI traffic accordingly, but for now I deleted them on mine.
5) Install USBInjectAll.kext
6) Reboot

If all has worked, you should now find that all the ports work. While everything reports on the 3.0 bus, it should now correctly detect 3.0 devices as being capable of up to 5Gbps. If you left the FakePCIID kexts in, you might see some devices on the 2.0 bus.

Hi Jeipiika,

Thank you again for your support.

Currently, I dont really need USB 3.0 speed, usb 2.0 is fine for me.
But thanks for the tip, I can put it down somewhere for further change.

Hi menman,

I am ok with sleep and wake now. No problem of any kind.
Are you ok with yours?

(Sorry for late reply, as my config works, I got away for tonymacx86 community)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back