Intel Core i5 4670k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright, so I have had my hackintosh for almost six months now, and I have a strange problem that does not seem to want to go away. My problem is that whenever my computer goes into deep sleep mode (screensaver stops, power light turns off, ect.) I always seem to loose audio. While this isn't exactly urgent problem as I can easily restart my computer and regain audio it still would be nice to have fixed. So if anyone knows how I can take care of this problem please let me know. Keep in mind I am using ALC 898.

PS: I have updated my OS from Mavericks to Yosemite with no results.

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Alright, so I have had my hackintosh for almost six months now, and I have a strange problem that does not seem to want to go away. My problem is that whenever my computer goes into deep sleep mode (screensaver stops, power light turns off, ect.) I always seem to loose audio. While this isn't exactly urgent problem as I can easily restart my computer and regain audio it still would be nice to have fixed. So if anyone knows how I can take care of this problem please let me know. Keep in mind I am using ALC 898.

PS: I have updated my OS from Mavericks to Yosemite with no results.

This is indeed a common problem (and a very irritating one). No real solution yet that I know of. Here are a couple of things I would try, in order:

1. Some have found relief by adding "-darkwake=0" to their boot flags. This tells the kernel not to go into "deep deep" sleep, so the audio never gets disconnected in the first place.

2. There's a utility that runs an HDA reset script upon wake from sleep. You can find it at https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset.

3. Install an older version of HDAEnabler from a previous version of Multibeast (such as v.6.5.0), which seems to work better than the Multibeast 7.x version for some people.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.