Graphics
EVGA GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright, so I have had my hackintosh for almost six months now, and I have a strange problem that does not seem to want to go away. My problem is that whenever my computer goes into deep sleep mode (screensaver stops, power light turns off, ect.) I always seem to loose audio. While this isn't exactly urgent problem as I can easily restart my computer and regain audio it still would be nice to have fixed. So if anyone knows how I can take care of this problem please let me know. Keep in mind I am using ALC 898.

PS: I have updated my OS from Mavericks to Yosemite with no results.

Alright, so I have had my hackintosh for almost six months now, and I have a strange problem that does not seem to want to go away. My problem is that whenever my computer goes into deep sleep mode (screensaver stops, power light turns off, ect.) I always seem to loose audio. While this isn't exactly urgent problem as I can easily restart my computer and regain audio it still would be nice to have fixed. So if anyone knows how I can take care of this problem please let me know. Keep in mind I am using ALC 898.

PS: I have updated my OS from Mavericks to Yosemite with no results.

This is indeed a common problem (and a very irritating one). No real solution yet that I know of. Here are a couple of things I would try, in order:

1. Some have found relief by adding "-darkwake=0" to their boot flags. This tells the kernel not to go into "deep deep" sleep, so the audio never gets disconnected in the first place.

2. There's a utility that runs an HDA reset script upon wake from sleep. You can find it at https://github.com/cliffom/appleHDAReset.

3. Install an older version of HDAEnabler from a previous version of Multibeast (such as v.6.5.0), which seems to work better than the Multibeast 7.x version for some people.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back