Contribute
Register

Intel NUC 10 Frost Canyon

You missed my saying I had a 4K HDMI dummy plug installed.
more info here:

Pardon my ignorance, but what are EC and ME firmware. I don't use Thunderbolt.
Embedded Controller & Management Engine respectively.
You have ACPI table loaded that renames H_EC to EC what MAC OS looks for.
I pretty much sure that some changes in EC causes my hack not to boot.

EC - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embedded_controller
ME - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Management_Engine

Any thoughts?
Sorry, Denis, no idea, I can't see any 'around-this' changes motioned on whatevergreen.kext page. Maybe to report an issue?

Last edited:
Hi @zavrus I've been updating firmwares days after I realised Intel published them, stopped worrying about compatibilities as both Big Sur and Monterey work well (with OpenCore).

Indeed the last firmware from Intel made CFGLock stop working. I suspect they hid the parameter in NVRAM and now neither tool (the old or new packaged with OpenCore) seem to work. So I confirm this, too.

Also don't forget you need to disable AWAC always and make H_EC stop working in order to inject a dummy one. More information here, for whoever has time to read: https://github.com/mackonsti/nuc10i7fnh

Sorry for being absent in posting but since there has been nothing new to report on this NUC as more modern ones were sold (and much more expensive...) I had nothing to report myself and the OpenCore config has been kept the same for months and months...

Thankx, konsti, for reply.
I will get back on this weekend - have an idea what else to try. Though, it's just to confirm an issue, not to resolve :(

I have 2 more NUC10 - i7 at home for HomeAssistant & vCenter & i5 at work
I will replace the SSD's on i7's, the other one work for a long time so I don't even know what BIOS installed on it.
If I boot and TB work - the matter is in BIOS 0057 for sure (more precisely - in EC)

I can confirm that putting SSD in other NUC10 with BIOS 0055 could make thunderbolt work again with the same EFI. The difference is in EC Firmware - 03.09.00 (after update to BIOS 0055) and 03.11.00 (after update to BIOS 0057).

IMG_1996.jpg
IMG_1999.jpg

Hi, anyone can get HDMI out audio on the LCD monitor with internal speakers for NUC10i5FNHN?

Thx

Hi, anyone can get HDMI out audio on the LCD monitor with internal speakers for NUC10i5FNHN?

Thx
Yes. If you use the Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext plus FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext it should allow for the HDMI out audio features to work on the NUC.

Yes. If you use the Rehabman's FakePCIID.kext plus FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext it should allow for the HDMI out audio features to work on the NUC.
Okay will try it
Thx the info

Thx
Sorry for the late reply, for whatever reason HDMI audio using the fake FakePCIID kexts has been problematic on the NUC10. VoodooHDA.kext has worked but there have been other success stories without it, this is one.

Back