Contribute
Register

Intel i225-V Internet fix and AppleIGC.kext boot error

Thanks... I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks... I'll give it a try and let you know.
HI @BillG66 ,

I have a similar build to yours and was following this thread. Were you able to get the on board ethernet working?
If so what is the trick?

thanks

John

Here, try the attached EFI. I have not changed anything except for the kext.
@Jasonhacks I used your EFI, and got the same result:

IMG_4129.JPG

Does this give us any idea what the issue is?

Question: Do I need the I080211FamilyLegacy.kext and IOSkywalkFamily.kext if OCLP is fixing the WiFi?

Last edited:
@Edhawk @Jasonhacks I've been at this for days now. I'm attaching the latest EFI that works... it removes AMFIPass.kext, leaving only the boot argument, and it deletes the plugin AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext from AirportBcrmFixup.kext, leaving it in IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, thereby eliminating the conflict that was hanging up ProperTree.

But when I add AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, I get this on boot up:
IMG_4129.JPG

And when I add AppleIGC.kext, I get this right before the grey screen of death:
IMG_4133.JPG
IMG_4134.JPG

Can ANYBODY give me a clue as to what these errors mean and what adjustments I might make to get ethernet back?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 18
No one has any additional ideas? I'm just stuck without ethernet?

@Edhawk @Jasonhacks I've been at this for days now. I'm attaching the latest EFI that works... it removes AMFIPass.kext, leaving only the boot argument, and it deletes the plugin AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext from AirportBcrmFixup.kext, leaving it in IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, thereby eliminating the conflict that was hanging up ProperTree.

But when I add AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, I get this on boot up:
View attachment 577447

And when I add AppleIGC.kext, I get this right before the grey screen of death:
View attachment 577449View attachment 577450
Can ANYBODY give me a clue as to what these errors mean and what adjustments I might make to get ethernet back?

Hi there.

For my own Z490i Aorus build I only needed IntelMausi.kext and FakePCIID/FakePCIID_Intel_i225-V kexts to enable ethernet. BUT this was for Big Sur (it's been a while and I no-longer have the PC).

I think I tried this because the Gigabyte website didn't specify exactly which chipset was used. Well I tried and it worked.

However there were later board revisions and maybe they changed the chipset.

Not sure that helps, but hey, my two-cents.

:)

Hi there.

For my own Z490i Aorus build I only needed IntelMausi.kext and FakePCIID/FakePCIID_Intel_i225-V kexts to enable ethernet. BUT this was for Big Sur (it's been a while and I no-longer have the PC).

I think I tried this because the Gigabyte website didn't specify exactly which chipset was used. Well I tried and it worked.

However there were later board revisions and maybe they changed the chipset.

Not sure that helps, but hey, my two-cents.

:)
Willing to try anything at this point. Will give that a try. Haven't used those kexts in forever.

Didn't work. :(

Sorry to hear.
Any differences?
Did you check your DeviceProperties?
Security settings?

I have built both Z490i Aorus Ultras and Z590i Aorus Ultras and Ethernet has never been an issue.

Back