Contribute
Register

Intel HD4400 Mojave Problems with graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. As I look to start again later today, could anybody please signpost me to an existing opencore based guide for gt710 . It would be xtremely kind.

Thanks

A quick question as I have haswell Intel processor and will be using gt710 . What smbios setting should I choose
Should it for one with igpu. Or with dgpu
As you have advised to use headless I'd, should it be latter. Thanka

Yes, you should have Lilu.kext, AppleALC.kext and WhateverGreen.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, plus VirtualSMC.kext and any other kexts, i.e. RealtekRTL8111.kext, AHCIPortInjector.kext, USBPorts.kext etc. that your system requires.

None of these kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions folder, EVER!

Hi guysi am back again with sobbing story I installed the gt710 card. Tried to boot using usb bootable which I made fresh without unnecessary kexts and now I am stuck at the kextsstall error. Please look at the screen shot and help. Thanks

Ps I have used smbios set at 14'2 imac

Attachments

• IMG_20210126_163829.jpg
    IMG_20210126_163829.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 66
Hi guysi am back again with sobbing story I installed the gt710 card. Tried to boot using usb bootable which I made fresh without unnecessary kexts and now I am stuck at the kextsstall error. Please look at the screen shot and help. Thanks

Ps I have used smbios set at 14'2 imac
you need to disable serial ports in your bios

I am sorry you must be fed up of me seeking help...is my serial port still active... I tried disabling in bios.....it appears I am still facing the same issue.....I am using opencore installer and prior to this boot, I pasted fakesmc kext in the kext folder

Attachments

• 16116804999988892526872619675086.jpg
    16116804999988892526872619675086.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 26
Why? The /OC/Kexts folder already contained VirtualSMC.kext, which was also entered in the /OC/config.plist. So why paste a kext in to the folder. Remove the FakeSMC.kext from the /OC/kexts folder. Don't just add kexts without any understanding of what you are doing.

Feartech told you the issue was related to the Serial port being enabled. Are you sure when you changed the Serial Port Bios setting that you saved it when exiting the Bios, so it would be used on the next boot?

I am sorry you must be fed up of me seeking help...is my serial port still active... I tried disabling in bios.....it appears I am still facing the same issue.....I am using opencore installer and prior to this boot, I pasted fakesmc kext in the kext folder
try resetting nvram and the picker menu

try resetting nvram and the picker menu
Sorry to be pain, how do I do that in ooencore installation

An update I have is that machine managed to get me to the point where I formatted ssd select hard drive for apple os installation and it's following that step at restart I have got stuck again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back