Contribute
Register

Intel HD4400 Mojave Problems with graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I buy a nvidia gt710 , can in plug and play with it as in use current usb bootable usb to make it work
Another option for about the same cost would be to upgrade to a Haswell Core i5 with HD4600. Then you get 4 cores instead of just two. HD4600 is fully supported in Mojave so it will make everything much easier. HD4600 performs about on par with a GT 710.
What shall I provide so as to help investigation.
Was wondering if you ever checked your BIOS version. If it's more than a few years old it would be best to flash that to the newest version first, load defaults and then try a clean install.

The newest revision is from April 2019. It may have come with one as old as 2013/14 which will likely cause problems with the macOS install. I've seen this scenario many times with Dell/HP prebuilts.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
But be warned that not all GT 710 dGPU's work in macOS.
Many people report problems with the DDR5 vram versions of the GT710 as well when using Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur.

Thanks there's a card on Amazon for 35 pounds that I am thinking y getting. Can you please tell if I would need to change any thing in bootable USB

Another option for about the same cost would be to upgrade to a Haswell Core i5 with HD4600. Then you get 4 cores instead of just two. HD4600 is fully supported in Mojave so it will make everything much easier. HD4600 performs about on par with a GT 710.

Was wondering if you ever checked your BIOS version. If it's more than a few years old it would be best to flash that to the newest version first, load defaults and then try a clean install.

The newest revision is from April 2019. It may have come with one as old as 2013/14 which will likely cause problems with the macOS install. I've seen this scenario many times with Dell/HP prebuilts.

View attachment 505982
Thanks for checking the version, I had installed the latest version prior to hackinntosh attempt (s)...

Hello
I have ordered gt710 it will be arriving in a day. Can I ask you helpful guys if I would be able to use the existing installer usb to get it up and running.

I have opencore usb installer for haswell intel i3 4130 ?

Are there any changes required to plist or of folder?

Thanks

No, the Nvidia card should work without the need for any fixes or patches, as it will be using the drivers provided by Apple.

Your IGPU will need to be set with a ‘Headless’ framebuffer, as the Nvidia card will be used to drive the display.

Many thanks for your reply. Does that mean I don't put any kexts in the kexts folder?

Also could you tell me if I need to seek help, can ai ask you again.

Yes, as the Nvidia card is natively supported by macOS it means you don't have to add any kexts to the kexts folder. It also means you do not need to install the NVIDIA Web Drivers.

When you install the Nvidia card you will need to set your IGPU properties as follows:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 16.15.54.png

You will need to use the fake HD 4600 device-id entry with your i3-4130, with the Headless AAPL,ig-platform-id entry.

Sure you can ask me for help again.

Thanks. Just asking does that mean I should not insert lilu and/or whatever green kexts. And are there any texts that I should definitely add such as apple alc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back