Contribute
Register

Intel HD4400 Mojave Problems with graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revised config.plist in the attached EFI folder. Again sorry for making that mistake.

Using copy and paste can sometimes lead you to making errors, Doh!

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    8.7 MB · Views: 85
You know you are being super kind, thanks a lot.

Can I ask one more thing. Do you need to insert the ssdts as per following page into the ACPI folder?

If yes, can I copy these myself and does the config.plist file need to be changed?

Thanks

I am bearer of bad news, the performance remains the same and RAM size has not changed as well. I copied and replaced the EFI folder with yours as planned. Didn't make any changes or try anything else

is there any value in trying the methods some videos / threads suggest, using clover configurator to add intel related information etc?

thanks

No do not mix OpenCore and Clover, ever. That is the surest way to mess up your configuration.

Which SSDTs? I have already added a couple of extra SSDT's to the ACPI folder and config.plist.

What might be helpful is if you provide a copy of the ACPI tables from your system. That way I can see which devices may need tweaking.

The easiest way to get the ACPI tables is to use Hackintool app, navigate to the Utilities tab and select Dump ACPI tables. They will be dumped in to a folder on your desktop, post a copy of the folder here.

I have a feeling you might still have some residual fixes remaining, ones you tried before that failed but weren't completely removed.

Can you check your /Library/Extensions folder for any additional kexts. The screenshot below shows my /Library/Extensions folder., which has three additional HP printer kexts (highlighted), which were installed by a printer app.

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 22.57.00.png

Hopefully yours is as void of third party kexts as mine, i.e. no old versions of Lilu.kext, FakeSMC.kext etc.

Hello

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have run into problem as following reboot I am presented with a grey screen . Please see attachment. It seems there is some incompatibility somewhere in efi folder perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_230429.jpg
    IMG_20210122_230429.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 36
Go back to your origi oc folder, I will have another look at this tomorrow

Hello

I have done a fresh install using the same open core usb installer as previous. I have not inserted any kexts.

I have changed the original config.plist settings to include frame buffer patching. I have purposefully not inserted the EFI folder in case it will crash the machine again., Hence I feel that It will have some of those settings that you had modified.

At this moment the USB ports and other things except sound are working. I know when I will insert Voodohda using kext utility I can get sound working as well.

I have also attached the IO.reg file.

Here is kext cache:
kextcache: option requires an argument -- -i.

unrecognized option -i

usage: kextcache -prelinked-kernel <filename> [options] [--] [kext or directory]

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

kextcache [options] -prelinked-kernel

kextcache -invalidate <volume>

kextcache -update-volume <volume> [options]

kextcache -system-caches [options]

use kextcache -help for an explanation of each option

Macs-iMac:~ mac$ sudo kextcache -i/

kextcache -i/

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /System/Library/Extensions /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions

KernelCache ID: E4965A9490A1DF69596B5AD077FCE777

Macs-iMac:~ mac$

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • Mac’s iMac (2).ioreg
    18 MB · Views: 32
IOReg is corrupted, so can't open it. Use the version of IORegistryExplorer attached to this guide, as there is less chance of anything going wrong. - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

Good idea to do the fresh installation, that way we are sure you haven't got any other fixes messing with the clean installation.

How are your Intel HD 4400 graphics working with the fresh installation when using the revised Device Properties?

Hithe fresh install with new settings in plist file didn't help.

Then I added asst.aml file for haswell. Edited your list file and rebooted the machine. It has crashed.

What shall I provide so as to help investigation.

Ps: if I buy a nvidia gt710 , can in plug and play with it as in use current usb bootable usb to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back