Contribute
Register

Intel HD 520 Graphics Boot flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan, hello Jellisimo,

thanks for your replies.

While flickering I didn't try to change the resolution or the color profile. My thought was to undo all changes in config.plist.

DVMT-prealloc is not set in the config.plist. I'm not sure which values I should use. In Bios there is no option to adjust the DVMT value.

The Monitor is connected via HDMI.

The requested ZIP files have been attached. Please have a look.
View attachment ioreg_UN65H.zipView attachment EFI.zip

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat | grep -y acpiplat[/FONT][FONT=Menlo] 
  13    1 0xffffff7f82201000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat | grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat | grep -y applelpc[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat | grep -y applehda[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load[/FONT]

Thanks for your support

DVMT-prealloc is not set in the config.plist. I'm not sure which values I should use. In Bios there is no option to adjust the DVMT value.

DVMT-prealloc is a BIOS setting.

The Monitor is connected via HDMI.

Make sure the connector in the framebuffer is patched for HDMI. But first you have to implement proper graphics support.

The requested ZIP files have been attached. Please have a look.

The ioreg shows QE/CI not implemented.

The ig-platform-id you're using, 0x19230000, is invalid and only serves to disable the graphics drivers.

DVMT-prealloc is a BIOS setting.

Unfortunately in BIOS there is no such setting.

Make sure the connector in the framebuffer is patched for HDMI. But first you have to implement proper graphics support.

The ioreg shows QE/CI not implemented.

The ig-platform-id you're using, 0x19230000, is invalid and only serves to disable the graphics drivers.

So, I'm new in the hackintosh scene.
Is there any guides how to patch the frame buffer for HDMI?

Could be the ioreg shows now the QE/CI implemented after changing back the ig-platform-id to 0x19160000? I did set the ID to 1923... because of artifacts and flickering. I was aware that 1923 would disable the graphics drivers.

Please check again the ioreg and efi files. Thanks in advance.

View attachment ioreg_with_id_19160000.zip
View attachment EFI_19160000.zip

Moreover I noticed that if I change the Monitor settings from standard to scale and choose another resolution (for example 1600 x 900) and change the settings back to standard (1920 x 1080) - after that I have no problems anymore with artifacts and flickering.

But changing the resolution on every start could not be the solution. Do you have another idea?

Unfortunately in BIOS there is no such setting.

It is typical and covered in the FAQ... You can try setting with setup_var with the special UEFI shell.

So, I'm new in the hackintosh scene.
Is there any guides how to patch the frame buffer for HDMI?

Could be the ioreg shows now the QE/CI implemented after changing back the ig-platform-id to 0x19160000? I did set the ID to 1923... because of artifacts and flickering. I was aware that 1923 would disable the graphics drivers.

Please check again the ioreg and efi files. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 186146

This ioreg shows QE/CI working.

Note: Framebuffer connector-type for your external display is DP <00 04 00 00>,needs to change to HDMI <00 08 00 00>.

Moreover I noticed that if I change the Monitor settings from standard to scale and choose another resolution (for example 1600 x 900) and change the settings back to standard (1920 x 1080) - after that I have no problems anymore with artifacts and flickering.

Enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

It is typical and covered in the FAQ... You can try setting with setup_var with the special UEFI shell.

Thanks. This is now solved.

Enable CSM/legacy boot in BIOS.

CSM was enabled, moreover boot option was set to "Legacy/UEFI". Or would you suggest to install EL Capitan in Legacy Mode? I still have the "heavy flickering" issue after booting.

This ioreg shows QE/CI working.

Note: Framebuffer connector-type for your external display is DP <00 04 00 00>,needs to change to HDMI <00 08 00 00>.

Regarding changing the Framebuffer connector-type I have a problem to find a right guide for that. Could you advice a good guide for that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apart from the flickering issue, EL Capitan works very well on the MiniPC.

Thanks. This is now solved.

CSM was enabled, moreover boot option was set to "Legacy/UEFI". Or would you suggest to install EL Capitan in Legacy Mode? I still have the "heavy flickering" issue after booting.

Regarding changing the Framebuffer connector-type I have a problem to find a right guide for that. Could you advice a good guide for that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apart from the flickering issue, EL Capitan works very well on the MiniPC.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Bonjour,

First of all, thanks a lot for your support !

My current Skylake rig is :
- NUC6I3SYH, running El Capitan 10.11.5
- 2x8GB RAM DDR4 2133Mhz (HyperX)
- Crucial Mx200 500GB m.2 2280 SS SSD
- Samsung SSD 2.5" 850 Evo 1TB
- Intel Graphics HD 520
- Using Clover for booting
- Using 0x19160002 – Skylake ULT GT2 as for IGP screen ID (cf Pikeralpha - thanks).

This is mainly working very fine, HDMI display, Audio and all that.
The issue is that I try to duplicate my main display to a
27" iMac (2560x1440) target display thru the miniDisplayPort.
And, while this iMac display is almost OK, it flickers a lot,
and shows a lot of white blinking spots.

Following your directions above, I provide 3 zip files, one for IOReg, one for CLOVER folder,
and the last one for the outputs I got with kextstat & kextcache.

I hope I got it right.

Do you think you can help me in this blinking issue ?

Do you need more info ?

Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Gilbert.

Attachments

• Gilbert_kexstat.txt.zip
    643 bytes · Views: 166
  • Gilbert_ioreg.zip
    666.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Gilbert_CLOVER.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Bonjour,

First of all, thanks a lot for your support !

My current Skylake rig is :
- NUC6I3SYH, running El Capitan 10.11.5
- 2x8GB RAM DDR4 2133Mhz (HyperX)
- Crucial Mx200 500GB m.2 2280 SS SSD
- Samsung SSD 2.5" 850 Evo 1TB
- Intel Graphics HD 520
- Using Clover for booting
- Using 0x19160002 – Skylake ULT GT2 as for IGP screen ID (cf Pikeralpha - thanks).

This is mainly working very fine, HDMI display, Audio and all that.
The issue is that I try to duplicate my main display to a
27" iMac (2560x1440) target display thru the miniDisplayPort.
And, while this iMac display is almost OK, it flickers a lot,
and shows a lot of white blinking spots.

Following your directions above, I provide 3 zip files, one for IOReg, one for CLOVER folder,
and the last one for the outputs I got with kextstat & kextcache.

I hope I got it right.

Do you think you can help me in this blinking issue ?

Do you need more info ?

Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Gilbert.

Your post is off-topic... this forum is for laptops only.

But you should try other valid ig-platform-id values. I just got my NUC6i6SYK running. Guide is here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-skylake-nuc6-using-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-etc.194177/

No success with multi monitor yet. Plan to go through the ig-platform-id values soon.. (using 0x19260000 right now).

When you specify zero for ig-platform-id, Clover provides a default.

Injecting invalid values like 0x12345678 will disable the graphics drivers and cause the system to use base/VESA drivers.

You need to try with valid ig-platform-id values.

Sir, I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

I've some question of which I could not find answer

1- I always use 0x12345678 to boot into macOS on my laptop, and to do this, I always set it on clover options, am I doing correct or should I need to mount the EFI and edit the config.plist there and set ig-platform-id etc?

2- Most of the times, I see no clover menu and boot directly into Windows 10, to boot into macOS, I use the bootable stick, what is the fix to this issue, please address?

3- I've Realtek Audio but have no idea which model or what driver from Multibeast or Kext I need to install to make it work. Please guide me?

Sir, I'm on macOS Sierra 10.12.6

I've some question of which I could not find answer

1- I always use 0x12345678 to boot into macOS on my laptop, and to do this, I always set it on clover options, am I doing correct or should I need to mount the EFI and edit the config.plist there and set ig-platform-id etc?

Invalid ig-platform-id is temporary.

2- Most of the times, I see no clover menu and boot directly into Windows 10, to boot into macOS, I use the bootable stick, what is the fix to this issue, please address?

Set UEFI entry for Clover with efibootmgr.
See post #2 of the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

3- I've Realtek Audio but have no idea which model or what driver from Multibeast or Kext I need to install to make it work. Please guide me?

Read FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back