Contribute
Register

Intel HD 520 Graphics Boot flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I'm using Mac Pro SMBIOS because I wound up using the premade config.plist for skylake. Should I try switching to MacBook Air? They're supposed to have HD 520 allegedly.

At the time I write this, there are no Macs with Skylake integrated graphics.

Ok I hate to keep commenting but I finally see what I did wrong. I was injecting the fake ID, not the platform ID. I just changed the platform ID and HO-LEE-CRAP screen artifacting. But you're right, QE/CI is enabled which means we may just need a fake ID or a new Framebuffer to get all of this fixed.

FakeID not needed for Skylake. The native device-id is already in the Info.plist.

Finding a usable ig-platform-id along with correct BIOS graphics settings is something to pursue. It is likely the drivers are not ready yet too, since there are no Apple products that use it.

Ok well thanks for all of your help. I'll just stay with the 7mb for now. It works a lot better than my unsupported MacBook. I'm used to GMA X3100 graphics with that thing.

I hate to keep commenting, but I found some stuff that makes this damn near useable. Like, I'm going to use the QE/CI and not worry about it. In clover configurator, open your config.plist, and make sure to check "Load Video Bios, Patch Video Bios" and "Inject EDID." Don't know why, but it makes things a little smoother. Then, put OS X in dark mode. Sure it looks like crap but the menu bar is now a translucent green and is 100% visible. Ok so it's not perfect, but I'm gonna screw around with a few framebuffer configurations I've found online and see if I can make it any better. For now, this is pretty good. Give 'er a shot if you get the chance.

could you already fix the vram without artifacts? got the same problem :D

I hate to keep commenting, but I found some stuff that makes this damn near useable. Like, I'm going to use the QE/CI and not worry about it. In clover configurator, open your config.plist, and make sure to check "Load Video Bios, Patch Video Bios" and "Inject EDID." Don't know why, but it makes things a little smoother. Then, put OS X in dark mode. Sure it looks like crap but the menu bar is now a translucent green and is 100% visible. Ok so it's not perfect, but I'm gonna screw around with a few framebuffer configurations I've found online and see if I can make it any better. For now, this is pretty good. Give 'er a shot if you get the chance.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Hello all,

I wanted to ask if you could solve the Graphics issue with Intel HD 520?

If I use following Platform ID 0x19160000 in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist then my Monitor is identified correctly (BENQ BL3200) but it flickers very strongly and I have a lot of artefacts. So for me it's impossible to work / use this hackintosh. For me it seems that the ID 0x19160000 is correct because it identified the correct resolution and monitor. If I use another ID the hackintosh starts in a lower resolution and with 5MB VRAM.

Hello all,

If I use following Platform ID 0x19160000 in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist then my Monitor is identified correctly (BENQ BL3200) but it flickers very strongly and I have a lot of artefacts. So for me it's impossible to work / use this hackintosh. For me it seems that the ID 0x19160000 is correct because it identified the correct resolution and monitor. If I use another ID the hackintosh starts in a lower resolution and with 5MB VRAM.

Did you tried to manually change resolution or Color profile?

Hello all,

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as required?

Is the monitor connected via DP or HDMI?

--

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back