1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
I had brought this up once over on the Graphics support page, but I'm gonna post here too seeing as I have an HP Star Wars edition laptop. It's a Core i5-6200U, 6 gigs of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 520. I am using the platform id 0x80861916 to boot but that's only giving me 7mb of VRAM. Any other flags I can try?

I had brought this up once over on the Graphics support page, but I'm gonna post here too seeing as I have an HP Star Wars edition laptop. It's a Core i5-6200U, 6 gigs of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 520. I am using the platform id 0x80861916 to boot but that's only giving me 7mb of VRAM. Any other flags I can try?

The ig-platform-id you're using is not valid. Serves to disable the graphics drivers...

Well I've noticed in Clover if I don't put anything IE 0x0000000 then it boots to black. If I put ANYTHING IE 0x1234567, it will boot with Intel HD 520 7MB. I'm pretty sure I have the HD mobile graphics. Is there anything I can do at this moment to get full support?

Also I'm using Mac Pro SMBIOS because I wound up using the premade config.plist for skylake. Should I try switching to MacBook Air? They're supposed to have HD 520 allegedly.

Well I've noticed in Clover if I don't put anything IE 0x0000000 then it boots to black. If I put ANYTHING IE 0x1234567, it will boot with Intel HD 520 7MB. I'm pretty sure I have the HD mobile graphics. Is there anything I can do at this moment to get full support?

I have the 520HD working on the surface pro 4. Use ig-platform-id 0x19160000, inject Intel set to true, and the device id set to 0x0.. As long as you're using 10.11.2, you should be able to get acceleration but there are a ton of artifacts. The supposition is that since there aren't any real Macs using Skylake integrated graphics yet, the framebuffer is incomplete. Safari won't work with mods, nor will QuickTime, but VLC and Chrome work just fine. All in all tho, it's not particularly usable.

I have the 520HD working on the surface pro 4. Use ig-platform-id 0x19160000, inject Intel set to true, and the device id set to 0x0.. As long as you're using 10.11.2, you should be able to get acceleration but there are a ton of artifacts. The supposition is that since there aren't any real Macs using Skylake integrated graphics yet, the framebuffer is incomplete. Safari won't work with mods, nor will QuickTime, but VLC and Chrome work just fine. All in all tho, it's not particularly usable.

So you're saying I'd be better off with my 7mb that runs QuickTime and Safari? I mean, I'm going to try this anyway to see if I have any better results and I'm thankful for it, but still.

Yeah I just checked. I'm on 0x19160000 already. I'm really not complaining because with only 7MB, it really does work well. It's crazy fast, video quality goes all the way to 4K, among other things. I was just curious if I was doing something wrong. I suppose I probably am, but I guess this is as good as it will get for now. I'll just use CDock to get rid of the god awful grey dock and avoid using launchpad. Thanks anyway.

Ok I hate to keep commenting but I finally see what I did wrong. I was injecting the fake ID, not the platform ID. I just changed the platform ID and HO-LEE-CRAP screen artifacting. But you're right, QE/CI is enabled which means we may just need a fake ID or a new Framebuffer to get all of this fixed.

Ok I hate to keep commenting but I finally see what I did wrong. I was injecting the fake ID, not the platform ID. I just changed the platform ID and HO-LEE-CRAP screen artifacting. But you're right, QE/CI is enabled which means we may just need a fake ID or a new Framebuffer to get all of this fixed.

Sorry, fake ID was what I meant when I said device ID. At any rate, fake IDs have been used in the past to get a framebuffer loading that didn't have a matching device ID but were a part of the same family (ie 8086:412 to allow 8086:416 to load Azul). In this case, the skylake framebuffer is already loading so a fake ID is useless. You may be able to go through all of the available framebuffers in the skylake kext and force something to load that reduces artifacts, but until Apple releases an actual mac that uses a Skylake IGPU, I think we are out of luck.

When you specify zero for ig-platform-id, Clover provides a default.

Injecting invalid values like 0x12345678 will disable the graphics drivers and cause the system to use base/VESA drivers.

You need to try with valid ig-platform-id values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back