Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V3 (Yosemite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really help. You need to examine the different logs available on the left side, and maybe try a few filters, using the box at the top right.

One filter I often use is the keyword of 'kernel'. That may be a good starting point for you....

That doesn't really help. You need to examine the different logs available on the left side, and maybe try a few filters, using the box at the top right.

One filter I often use is the keyword of 'kernel'. That may be a good starting point for you....

Thanks, but i can't find annything related to the keyboard, and i can't read this language ;)
So i will buy a grey PC keyboard.....

Preferred method for updating to Security Update 2015-002 or 2015-003

1. Download the kernel archive attached to this post and unpack.

2. Inside you will find 3 kernel files like so :

• kernel-10.10.2-Original
  • kernel-10.10.2-Upd-002
  • kernel-10.10.2-Upd-003
(kernel-10.10.2-Original is the same one included in the current Install Pack)

All 3 kernels included have been patched ready to run on the NUC.

3. Copy all three kernel files to the '/Extra' folder on the Unibeast USB.

4. Manually download and run the relevant security update. DO NOT use the App Store/Update function for this. Manually downloading and applying the update is the safer and preferred method.

5. When finished, reboot using the Unibeast USB and at the installer, start the Terminal prompt as we do at Section 7 of the guide.

6. Copy the relevant kernel file across to your NUC, as shown below :

If you have applied 'Security Update 2015-002', type the following at the Terminal prompt :

Code:
bash-3.2# [COLOR=#ff0000]cp -v /Volumes/USB/Extra/kernel-10.10.2-Upd-002 /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

If you have applied 'Security Update 2015-003', type the following at the Terminal prompt :

Code:
bash-3.2# [COLOR=#ff0000]cp -v /Volumes/USB/Extra/kernel-10.10.2-Upd-003 /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

If you want to restore back to the original 10.10.2 kernel as per the guide, type the following at the Terminal prompt :

Code:
bash-3.2# [COLOR=#ff0000]cp -v /Volumes/USB/Extra/kernel-10.10.2-Original /Volumes/Yosemite/System/Library/Kernels/kernel[/COLOR]

Now shutdown the installer and reboot the NUC using the 'UseKernelCache=No' boot flag (This is only needed the once).

:thumbup:

thanks worked perfectly all updated no issues so far thank you :):D

Thank you for this wonderful guide.

Everything runs perfectly with my new D54250WYK hackintosh build. Except I couldn't the audio to work. I followed every words on your tutorial, but once I start the 'Audio MIDI Setup' program says No device found. I redo the audio section for few times and reboot, still no luck. Any suggestion? thank you.

Thank you for this wonderful guide.

Everything runs perfectly with my new D54250WYK hackintosh build. Except I couldn't the audio to work. I followed every words on your tutorial, but once I start the 'Audio MIDI Setup' program says No device found. I redo the audio section for few times and reboot, still no luck. Any suggestion? thank you.

About This Mac -> System Report -> Audio

What does it show ? Screenshot please.

please see the pictures below included a screenshot of the DCPManager Log window.

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.19.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.20.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 11.57.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 12.10.45 PM.png

The audio kext has failed to install properly.

Reinstall ALC283 audio from Multibeast as per the audio section, make sure to deselect the EFI partition support option when you select ALC283 - its at the bottom of that page and is selected by default IIRC.

i reinstalled the driver again but still the same. any suggestion? thanks

Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 1.10.45 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 1.11.02 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 1.11.19 AM.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 1.11.37 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back