Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V1 (Mavericks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installation Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK)

One thing you could try is playing around with EDID injection. There are a few posts around explaining how to extract the EDID from your screen and to inject that. Might be worth a go.
Thanks.
This sounds interesting, yet another thing that I will learn about when it comes to hacking the Mac.

When I was watching Netflix the other day I got a nice picture. So now I think it i something related to that video and VLC in combination?!. I will look into this some more and report my findings.

Audio Issues

I have been trying to work through the audio issues, it is intermittent but I think I can now produce it all the time. here are some additional facts about my build.

I have installed the AppleHDA kept provide by Minihack
I have run the Azul patcher written by Toleda
I have set the microphone settings in Midi setup to mute the audio inputs
I have installed FileNVRam and Keylayout chameleon libraries
I have installed Trim support

The issue does not occur after a cold boot, it only occurs after waking from sleep, either sleep from the apple menu, or by waiting for computer to sleep.

The issue is background noise interference when audio amplifier turned to maximum gain. Below about 50% gain you can't hear it.

When I press the volume up (or down) or start playing some audio, the noise starts immediately. The noise will stop about 30 seconds latter, or 30 seconds after audio of any kind stops. The noise can also be made to stop by going to the Audio input system preferences

At this point, unless someone else can re-produce the issue, I am not going to worry about it. I have a couple of workarounds I can use. Thanks for everyone's help.

Kiwi

Audio Issues

I have been trying to work through the audio issues, it is intermittent but I think I can now produce it all the time. here are some additional facts about my build.

The issue does not occur after a cold boot, it only occurs after waking from sleep, either sleep from the apple menu, or by waiting for computer to sleep.

The issue is background noise interference when audio amplifier turned to maximum gain. Below about 50% gain you can't hear it.

When I press the volume up (or down) or start playing some audio, the noise starts immediately. The noise will stop about 30 seconds latter, or 30 seconds after audio of any kind stops. The noise can also be made to stop by going to the Audio input system preferences

At this point, unless someone else can re-produce the issue, I am not going to worry about it. I have a couple of workarounds I can use. Thanks for everyone's help.

Kiwi

Its probably a long shot considering what you have said, but did you try changing the output to 48 or 96 instead of 44 ?

Audio Issues

Kiwi

Hi Kiwi,
I will put together another AppleHDA.kext to try out with some variations to see if it helps at all. I cannot test at the moment as I have the cooler off my board and am playing around with case design and cooling (sawing copper bar is exhausting!) to make a heat spreader and silent heatsink arrangement, but hopefully I'll have the NUC up and running again in the near future.

Hey guys!

Have you been able to play a while with the sleep? Mine works great, but if I let the NUC sleep by itself, when it wakes up there is no video. This doesn't happens if I make it sleep and wake it after a while. I have PowerNap enabled, so I see RTC wakeups in the logs as well. Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks!

Hey guys!

Have you been able to play a while with the sleep? Mine works great, but if I let the NUC sleep by itself, when it wakes up there is no video. This doesn't happens if I make it sleep and wake it after a while. I have PowerNap enabled, so I see RTC wakeups in the logs as well. Any ideas will be appreciated, thanks!

I've not seen that here, although I put mine to sleep myself.

I've not seen that here, although I put mine to sleep myself.

Well I have done some sleep tests and haven't found the problem again.. so I'll ignore it until it happens again.

On a different matter, could you tell me which patches you applied to the AppleHDA kext in order to get it working? I'm using Clover as the bootloader and I would like to try and let the bootloader do all the patching so there is no need to re-apply patches after updates/etc.

Thanks!

I'm using Clover as the bootloader and I would like to try and let the bootloader do all the patching so there is no need to re-apply patches after updates/etc.
Wishful thinking. Clover does some but not all of the patching. Instead, some Clover users have a rc.shutdown script to do the patching which works fine until the binary changes.

Wishful thinking. Clover does some but not all of the patching. Instead, some Clover users have a rc.shutdown script to do the patching which works fine until the binary changes.

Oh well, one can dream sometimes eh? I'll look up into that rc.shutdown script.

Another question toleda. In the other post (Haswell HDMI Audio) you replied me that the patch in the post tutorial changes the connectors to (copied from your response):

0105: DP > DP (no change)
0204: DP > HDMI
0306: DP > HDMI

For the Intel NUC, your patch (audio_nuc_hdmi-hd5k-azul-90_patch) only changes connector #1 to HDMI and leaves the other two untouched. Why it's different in this case?

Thanks!

Why it's different in this case?
!
The native framebuffer has 3 DP connectors. The NUC has 1 HDMI physical connector and 1 DP physical connector. The edit makes 1 DP connector a HDMI connector to connect with the HDMI physical connector and 1 of the 2 remaining DP connectors connects with the DP physical connector. No edit is made to the remaining DP connector as it is not physically connected to anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back