Contribute
Register

"Install Failed. OS X could not be installed on your computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Middleman

Ok, I ran it -x -v and did see a few things that caught my eye

1st, early in the boot I noticed the error "header read size 200. incorrect signature" which I've recognized from a few other threads in this forum. Has anyone figured out what this is and how to fix it? It seems to usually be associated with waking up from sleep but this comes up on boot for me.

I also saw the following:

nfs: Removed 15 orphaned / unlinked files and 16 directories

and the system seems to hang on:

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDinfo : this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

taekwonjudo...

I read the thread and it seems to be that we are not able to install OSX from the thumb drive to a HD on your hardware.

Ok so we will start fresh - in the BIOS turn off ( disable) any non required options such as sound - FireWire - comm ports -

Enable in the USB section Legacy USB support.

Read and Review this link on your Motherboard - http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...s3h-ga-h77m-d3h-everything-working-great.html

Read Post 3 and Post 11 - follow that link in post 11 to get clear understanding of the BIOS options you will need to set are know about.

Do note that their is a reference to particular DVD manufactures DVD drives supported. This information is for your reference only and has nothing to do with the installation.

Ok as you have a CPU w the supported GFX HD4000 you need to make sure that the video setting in the bios is set to 64 megs and the IGP is set to that only (internal) not both.

The General Rule of thumb is that we load the System preferend defaults BIOS settings - then modify them for what we need to change such as the AHCI HPET and S3 - these maybe enabled in newer motherboards. Also that link in post 11 references BIOS settings :

Also we will need to use "arguments" or what I call Boot Switches which are "-v PCIRootUID=0"
We enter these commands on the command line box that will appear when you press the space-bar - when the Unibeast icon appears on the screen after we boot from the USB drive.

These two switches should be the only ones we need to get started.

Now is we are lucky and the BIOS is set right we should get to the OSX Install a Screen - where we have cabled the 500 gb Seagate HD we can prep that drive for an install of Mountain Lion.

So lets see if we can get that far....

Ok. Thanks for the detailed suggestion here totenkopf4.

So now I've gone back to square one, verifying I have set everything correctly in the bios following the guides here as well as through those links you provided.

When I Boot from the Unibeast with the -x PCIRootUID=0, everything looks to be loading properly until I get to:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
hfs_swap_BTNode: invalid forward link (0xffffffff >= 0x00000400)
hfs: node=3 fileID=8 volume=LIONINSTALL device=/dev/disk1s1
jnl: disk0s2: replay_journal: from: 1680384 to: 1713664 (joffset 0xe8e000)
jnl: disk0s2: journal replay done.
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v5.4: already have loaded v9.9.9.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable '__ZTV12AppleUSBXHCI' is out o
f date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI]: The super class vtable '__ZTV17IOUSBControllerV3' for vtable '__ZTV12AppleUSBXHCI' is out o
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI - link failed
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI failed to load (0xdc008016)
Failed to load kext com.appl.driver.AppleUSBXHCI (error 0xdc008016)
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, 5.4: already have loaded v9.9.9.
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
ALXEthernet: Ethernet address 90:2b:34:99:de:19

Just to verify:

I set the BIOS according to the posts you directed me to & also confirmed the settings using: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments1.html#comments
I am plugged into the MB VGA port directly
No PCI cards installed
Only the 500Gig Sata Drive installed that I want to install OSX on
Only 4 Gigs of Ram installed.

I really do have everything down to barebones. I'm at a loss.

Hopefully the above error code will mean something to someone and we can make some headway :/

Thanks to everyone for their help and assistance in this.

Ok, I've in numerous posts here that PCIRootUID could =0 or =1, I tried to run with =1 and got to the installer. Went through the disk utility, re-partitioned the disk again, tried to run the installer and.... still fails at the exact same place. Hits 19 mins remaining & fails :(

I'm already getting to the installer fine so I'm not sure that the -v argument is going to help me as it seems the fault lies not in the getting the installer :/

Any other suggestions I can try?

I noticed that there was an update to the Unibeast installer to v1.7.0. I might try that and see if it helps any.

I'll post back my findings.

Ok. Thanks for the detailed suggestion here totenkopf4.

So now I've gone back to square one, verifying I have set everything correctly in the bios following the guides here as well as through those links you provided.

When I Boot from the Unibeast with the -x PCIRootUID=0, everything looks to be loading properly until I get to:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory
jnl: disk0s2: replay_journal: from: 1680384 to: 1713664 (joffset 0xe8e000)
jnl: disk0s2: journal replay done.
Previous Shutdown Cause: 3
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, v5.4: already have loaded v9.9.9.
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI - link failed
Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI.
Kext com.apple.driver.AppleUSBXHCI failed to load (0xdc008016)
Failed to load kext com.appl.driver.AppleUSBXHCI (error 0xdc008016)
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily, 5.4: already have loaded v9.9.9.
DSMOS has arrived
[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
ALXEthernet: Ethernet address 90:2b:34:99:de:19

Just to verify:

I set the BIOS according to the posts you directed me to & also confirmed the settings using: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-...eries-lga-1155-boards/comments1.html#comments
I am plugged into the MB VGA port directly
No PCI cards installed
Only the 500Gig Sata Drive installed that I want to install OSX on
Only 4 Gigs of Ram installed.

I really do have everything down to barebones. I'm at a loss.

Hopefully the above error code will mean something to someone and we can make some headway :/

Thanks to everyone for their help and assistance in this.

Taekwonjudo,

It looks like something to do with your Unibeast version and something to do with USB. Maybe Unibeast is a little old?
Also try disabling USB 3.0 for the time being (if there is one).

Also is the drive you are installing to....blank? ie. formatted? As sometimes a preinstallation on the drive can also cause install issues.

Also try these commands -v -x BuiltInEthernet=Yes PCIRootUID=0 -v -x BuiltInEthernet=Yes PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes or even -v -x and make sure your video RAM is set to something like 32MB Max.

It looks like something to do with your Unibeast version and something to do with USB. Maybe Unibeast is a little old?

I started to suspect the same thing this evening when I tried to create the new Unibeast 1.7.0 USB drive and kept getting failures in creating the disk.

I tried to re-create the 1.6.1 Unibeast Drive again, but got the same failures :(

Because of this, I checked the drive on my Macbook Pro & found that it had some serious errors, to the point that the system told me I had to repair the disk from the Rescue Boot (cmd-r on boot).

After cleaning all of the errors on all disks on the system, I made a time machine backup (to be sure I had a clean one ;p). I then checked the USB stick & it came back clean as well, so I tried to install unibeast on it again. Sadly, both the 1.6.1 and the 1.7.0 are both failing when I'm trying to run them :(

Seems I'm cursed on this endeavor.

Can anyone tell me how to pull a log file of the failures of the unibeast installation attempt so that I can post here for you guys to look at?

In the meantime, I'm going to see if I can borrow a laptop at the local future shop to try to create another unibeast and see how that goes :/

[SOLVED]: "Install Failed. OS X could not be installed on your computer"

Ok!

Looks like we've finally nailed it!

I re-downloaded the installer, re-downloaded the unibeast 1.7.0 and after reading this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/unibeast/88030-unibeast-1-7-install-failure-w-10-8-2-a.html

I was able to create the Unibeast USB again & this time thankfully installed the OS perfectly smoothly! Everything looked great (except that I was looking at 1024x768 but we'll deal with video later on after I get some drivers in.)

So Off to Multibeast I go, seaker, I followed your advised Multibeast selections in this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/85600-success-seakers-build-ga-h77-ds3h-i5-3570-msi-gt640.html

And now evrything seems to be booting and running great! (so far ;p)

Thank you all who were willing to lend a hand to get me this far.

Now if you'd be willing to bear with me a little while longer, I'd like to install an NVIDIA 8800 gts card I have laying around... is this card compatible? How should I modify org.chameleon.Boot.plist to give me the resolution options for this card? Also, I have decided to install Windows 7 on the 2TB HDD to make this a Multiboot drive. Is there a simple solution to setup a bootloader to choose which HD to boot off of or am I stuck always hitting F12? Lastly, I am going to assume that now that I have my first Hackintosh up and running, the old addage should remain true "if it ain't broke, don't fix it..." meaning I assume that I should avoid any OS updates until I check the forums here to see how they will affect the system, am I correct? or should the updates be fine and not cause too many issues at this point?

Thanks again for this wonderful community & all the help you've extended me :)

*Edit* Is there any way to rename the title of this thread to include [SOLVED] in case it helps someone else?

Hi Taekwonjudo,

The 8800GT should be ok to use with your system. You'll probably need to make sure that you have either GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 OR GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000 somewhere as a boot flag in org.chameleon.Boot.plist for it to work. If it works you could also then add with Multibeast the 1080p Display option under Boot Options.

ok, I'm now trying to get the audio to work, (I'll deal with the video after I jump over this hurdle.)

Middleman, you suggested that I

Noob question here..... which file should I dl from that page... and how does one install kexts? I'm happy to read on the forums here if someone could direct me to the thread that clearly explains that?

Thanks for your patience and help :)

Ok, I decided I would try installing the Video card and have hit a bit of snag that I hope someone can help me figure out.

I installed the Nvidia 8800 GTS, changed the bios init video to PCI, tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No and now for some reason, with the monitor connected to the vid card, I see the bios boot, I can get to the Chimera, I can start the ML boot, I see the grey screen with the pple & spinning ball, but when it get's through all of thet , the screen goes blank, the monitor reports no connection & goes into hibernation (same thing without the GraphicsEnabler=No switch).

Does anyone have a suggestion I can try to get this vid card working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back