AMD
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Firstly I'd like to thank this community for coming together to put such a wonderful project together.

I'm not sure if this its a unibeast or other issue. Please moderators if i have posted in the wrong location please move the post to the correct location.

I'm a real Hackintosh noob so please forgive my overseen mistakes. This is my first attempt and I can't find a similar issue on this forum anywhere.

System specs:

Gigabyte H77M-D3H
Intel Core i7-3770, 3.40 GHz 8MB Cache, LGA 1155, 77W
4 GIG Patriot DDR3 1333MHz Ram
Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001
No Video as of yet

I created the Unibeast 1.6.1 Bootable USB from my MacbookPro Running ML already.

I first had issues even getting as far as the installer, but then read about the bios settings & updates needed.

Flashed my Bios to F9.
Set Sata drives to AHCI
Made all other bios setting changes as advised in different threads but kept locking on the grey screen with the spinning ball... and then stopped.

I read about disabling VT-d in a thread here, tried that & I now can get into as far as the installer.

I have partitioned and formatted my Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 as advised with disk utilities and now try to run the installer. This runs for about 5 seconds, the countdown goes to 19 mins remaining and I get the attached "Install Failed" screen.

InstallError.jpg

I haven't been able to figure out how to get to the install.log file from the /var/log (sorry, I'm not familiar with linux syntax), but I did take pics of my screen showing the "installer log CMD-L". I hope this is the same file.

Anyways I've assembled the whole report as a bunch of images & saved them as a single .jpg. Sorry for any difficulty reading it but if anyone could please possibly help me troubleshoot this further I would be ever so grateful! Or at least please direct me on how to get any useful information that I might be missing so I can add to this thread.

Install Log.jpg

Thank you

*BUMP*/Update

Ok I saw in another thread a reference to this:

[SUCCESS] Seakers Build: GA-H77-DS3H, i5-3570, MSI GT640

(Thank you to potemkin for pointing out this thread in the other one I saw)

Reading that, it sounds like I need to boot with the -x argument. Sorry for the stupid question... but can someone please tell me how we enter in the arguments to use with unibeast?

I am using 1.6.1. When the Unibeast screen comes up I see the logos we expect & I see the unibeast usb drive. If I push the down arrow, I get the options "Boot", "Boot Verbose", "Boot Ignoring Chaches". Boot Single User", "Memory Info", "video Info", and Help.

Selecting Help, if I understand it correctly, by selecting the "Boot" Option, I should be able to input the extra arguments there.

Is that correct?

When I select "Boot", it goes to a blank screen. If I type anything, the screen doesn't change. Is that normal? By typing "-x ENTER" am I applying the -x argument?

<EDIT>
Ok I figured out how to add the arguments... tried booting with -x, still the same error... :(

I'm pulling my hair out here. Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions I can try?

Forgive the newb questions, but like I said, I'm new at this & would really love to get up and running. Any help would be appreciated.

Wow! 86 views and not a single reply :( Gotta say I'm bit dissapointed.

Ok. I'm thinking of trying another route to get this working & hopefully can get some feedback.

I have an external HD attached to my MacbookPro running time machine. Is it possible to, rather than do a clean install, use that external disk with time machine to install ML on the drive in the Hackintosh Machine?

Are there issues I should be aware of before attempting this?

Please, any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm constantly getting the Install Failed error as well. I've tried just about everything I can think of, so I'm wondering if maybe the ML installer was corrupt, so I'm downloading it again to see if that might have something to do with it. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. Nothing I've tried has worked and now I can't even boot without the Unibeast flashdrive.

Hi.

Your board is slightly different from my one, as I used the H77-DS3H and you use the H77-D3H but according to the specs this should only affect the audio-chipset.

As you have already noticed you need to set the SATA mode to AHCI as well as deactivate VT-D. I also assume that you have formatted your hard-disc to "MAC OSX Journaled" and used the GUID-Bootrecord.

When having inserted the unibeast USB-Stick and switching on the PC you have to press f12 to get to the bootdevice-menu. Choose the USB Stick. When the tonymac bootloader comes up, just press any key, then type "-x" and hit enter.

Normally this should work. If not you can also try to set "PCIRootUID=0" or =1. As far as i know this should only be needed when using a graphics card and you have some troubles with getting an image. But it is worth a try.

I didn't experience any problems within the installation. Can you post a screenshot of the disc-utility and your settings.

I am not a pro in reading the log file but for me it seems as there are some errors with your hard drive.

Thanks for the replies guys.

As requested Seaker, here are screens from the Disk Utilities windows.

20130122_123725.jpg20130122_123805.jpg20130122_123739.jpg

I will follow up later with a complete run down of how everything is set in the BIOS. I think maybe there is still some small setting incorrect. Not sure.

What are your thoughts on trying a restore from time machine? Could that work do you think?

Ok. Here's a complete rundown of my Bios Settings as they stand currently.

Can anyone see anything that might be causing the issue?

M.I.T

Bios Version F9
BCLK 99.79MHz
CPU Frequency approx. 3886.70
Memory Frequency approx. 1330.55
Total Memory Size 4096MB
CPU Temperature 37.0
Vcore 1.200V
DRAM Channel A/B Voltage 1.536V

Miscelanneous Settings
PEG - Gen X Auto
Legacy Benchmark Enhancement Disabled

SYSTEM

System Information

Model Name H77M-D3H
BIOS Version F9
BIOS Date 08/22/2012
BIOS ID 8A01AG0H

System Language ENGLISH

System Date [Wednesday 01/23/2013]
System Time [10:44:06]

Access Level Administrator

ATA Port Information

Serial ATA Port 0 ST2000DM001-9Y (2000.3GB)
Port 0 Enabled
Hot Plug Disabled

Serial ATA Port 2 Optiarc DVD RW ATAPI
Port 2 Enabled
Hot Plug Disabled

BIOS Features

Boot Option Priorities
Boot Option #1 UEFI: ST2000DM001-9YN164
Boot Option #2 P0: ST2000DM001-9YN164
Boot Option #3 P2: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7201S5

CD/DVD ROM Drive BBS Priorities
Hard Drive BBS Priorities

Bootup Numlock State Enabled
Security Option System
Full Screen LOGO Show Enabled

Limit CPUID Maximum Disabled
Execute Disable Bit Enabled
Intel Virtualization Technology Disabled
VT-d Disabled

CSM Support Always
Boot Mode Selection UEFI and Legacy
PXE Boot Option Control Disabled
Storage Boot Option Control Legacy Only
Display Boot Option Control Legacy Only
Other PCI Device ROM Priority UEFI OpROM
Network stack Disable Link

Peripherals

SATA Controller(s) Enabled
SATA Mode Selection AHCI
XHCI Pre-Boot Driver Enabled
xHCI Mode Auto
HS Port #1 Switchable Enabled
HS Port #2 Switchable Enabled
HS Port #3 Switchable Enabled
HS Port #4 Switchable Enabled
xHCI Streams Enabled
USB2.0 Controller Enabled
Audio Controller Enabled
Init Display First IGFX
Internal Graphics Auto
Internal Graphics Memory Size 64M
DVMT Total Memory Size MAX
Intel(R) Rapid Start Technology Disabled

Legacy USB Support Enabled
XHCI Hand-off Enabled
EHCI Hand-off Enabled
Port 60/64 Emulation Disabled
USB Storage Devices:
Generic Flash Disk 5.00 Auto
OnBoard LAN Controller#1 Enabled
Super IO Configuration
Super IO Chip IT8728

Serial Port A Disabled
Parallel Port Disabled
Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology
ISCT Configuration Disabled

Power Management

Resume by Alarm Disabled
Wake up day 0
Wake up hour 0
Wake up minute 0
Wake up second 0
ErP Disabled
High Precision Event Timer Enabled
Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN Instant off
Internal Graphics Standby Mode Enabled
Internal Graphics Deep Standby Mode Enabled
AC BACK Always Off
Power On By Keyboard Disabled
Power On Password
Power On By Mouse Disabled

Hi.

I have checked my BIOS and I am using version F7.

Whats quite interesting is that I have VT-D = enabled (Which I thought I have switched off). Apart from that my settings are fairly identical (except from the version). Maybe you can go back and use version F7. I have read somewhere here that F7 seems to be more stable for this purpose.

I can't say anything to using timemachine to install it as I have no experience in that. I have a MacbookPro and I am using Time Machine but when it comes to do a OS Installation I am a fan of a "clean" install. So sorry about that, but I cannot help you with TimeMachine.

Hmm... Ok.

I was going to try and roll back to F7 but it doesn't look like Gigabyte has it on their site anymore :/

I don't suppose you still have the F7 file kicking around that I could use & try do you?

Unfortunately not as my mainboard was shipped with F7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back