Contribute
Register

Incomplete shutdown, no wake from sleep, displays won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what hardware you have. Please fill out your profile as per rules. System is motherboard. Other items are obvious.

As far as power management... you have no SSDT installed.

You might try different smbios as well... perhaps iMac13,2.

I filled out my profile, apologies, but I did list all the specs at the beginning of the thread.

Additionally, I am aware there is no SSDT; as I showed you, IOReg wont start when I have it installed. I reverted all the changes I made based on the first guide you linked and I was able to run IOReg and post the file it did.

Now I followed the latest suggestions; I changed my smbios to iMac13,2 as you suggested, and generated a new SSDT using the utility you link in your "SSDT creation using MaciASL" thread and placed it in /Extra.
Then I used Chameleon Wizard to update my org.chameleon.Boot.plist with "Drop SSDT" enabled, and "Generate P-States" and "Generate C-States" disabled.

Once again, no shutdown, reboot, sleep, or display timeout, AND IOReg will not start again.

I filled out my profile, apologies, but I did list all the specs at the beginning of the thread.

Additionally, I am aware there is no SSDT; as I showed you, IOReg wont start when I have it installed. I reverted all the changes I made based on the first guide you linked and I was able to run IOReg and post the file it did.

Now I followed the latest suggestions; I changed my smbios to iMac13,2 as you suggested, and generated a new SSDT using the utility you link in your "SSDT creation using MaciASL" thread and placed it in /Extra.
Then I used Chameleon Wizard to update my org.chameleon.Boot.plist with "Drop SSDT" enabled, and "Generate P-States" and "Generate C-States" disabled.

Once again, no shutdown, reboot, sleep, or display timeout, AND IOReg will not start again.

That is not a valid way to create SSDT for Haswell... MaciASL can only create SSDT for Sandy Bridge.

Use ssdtPRgen.sh script from PikeRAlpha...

See:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

That is not a valid way to create SSDT for Haswell... MaciASL can only create SSDT for Sandy Bridge.

Use ssdtPRgen.sh script from PikeRAlpha...

See:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

I don't intend to sound harsh but I pretty clearly stated I have already followed that guide. Just in case, though, I tried again using the latest ssdtPRGen.sh from that GitHub link and got the same results.

Upon placing the generated SSDT.aml in the /Extra folder, none of my power issues change and I can no longer run IOReg or IOJones.

I don't intend to sound harsh but I pretty clearly stated I have already followed that guide. Just in case, though, I tried again using the latest ssdtPRGen.sh from that GitHub link and got the same results.

Upon placing the generated SSDT.aml in the /Extra folder, none of my power issues change and I can no longer run IOReg or IOJones.

Remove the SSDT.aml you renamed from /Extra restart and run IOReg.

No need to get snippy...

Up to now, you had an incorrect smbios. I was hoping that was the cause of your ioreg issue... And I haven't seen an ioreg with correct smbios yet.

Did you remember to set GeneratePStates=N GenerateCStates=N DropSSDT=Y after generating and installing the custom SSDT?

Keep in mind I'm just having you do the same things I would if I were faced with the same issues. You should not take it personally.

No need to get snippy...

Up to now, you had an incorrect smbios. I was hoping that was the cause of your ioreg issue... And I haven't seen an ioreg with correct smbios yet.

Did you remember to set GeneratePStates=N GenerateCStates=N DropSSDT=Y after generating and installing the custom SSDT?

Keep in mind I'm just having you do the same things I would if I were faced with the same issues. You should not take it personally.

I understand, I really appreciate your help, it just appeared to be the same thing over again.

For some reason I ran the shell script another time after deleting the SSDT.aml in the /Extra folder (this was maybe my third try doing the same thing :banghead:) and it did work this time.

IOReg does not lock when I try to run it now and as far as I can tell the two keys listed in the verify step of the power management guide are present, however I am still having the same power issues.

Attached is a more recent (ideally with the correct SSDT) IOReg.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• IOReg_jtleniger2.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 129
I understand, I really appreciate your help, it just appeared to be the same thing over again.

For some reason I ran the shell script another time after deleting the SSDT.aml in the /Extra folder (this was maybe my third try doing the same thing :banghead:) and it did work this time.

IOReg does not lock when I try to run it now and as far as I can tell the two keys listed in the verify step of the power management guide are present, however I am still having the same power issues.

Attached is a more recent (ideally with the correct SSDT) IOReg.

Thanks again.

Power management here looks better... One thing fairly new in the ssdtPRgen.sh script is that it must be run with the correct smbios already in place.

What is the USB3 device "HDMI KVM V1.0.071", from ATEN Advance Tech Inc.?

If you haven't tried yet, removing all unnecessary external devices is something to try.

Busy few weeks with finals so this hasn't been my priority, thanks for the reply though.

"HDMI KVM V1.0.071 by ATEN Advance Tech" is an incorrectly recognized KVM Switch (switches my keyboard, mouse, and one of my displays). It is made by IOGear, not sure where ATEN Advance Tech came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back