Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I am very new to building a Hackintosh, and after some struggle I have Mavericks installed, booting, and running perfectly on a desktop I built based on the buyer's guide from this website.

The specs are as follows.

Motherboard: GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU: i3-4330
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

I have set up the BIOS based on the Mavericks install guide on this website, and then after running into this problem, looked at the BIOS setup sticky.

I searched for this issue and didn't find many helpful solutions. The computer boots perfectly, runs perfectly, but then has a few problems.

If it sleeps, the keyboard and mouse won't wake it. I tried every USB port in case it was a connection or 3.0 vs 2.0 issue, and nothing helped.

I figured I'd disable sleep because it isn't super important to me, and then I found out that if just the displays timeout (not a real sleep), I still can't wake up the displays with the keyboard or mouse.

Finally, the machine doesn't shutdown completely. The screens turn off, but the fans still run.

What little I did find in this forum about this issue I tried the solutions suggested, but none worked and of the other threads none had all 3 of my problems at once.

I would really appreciate some help as this is close to making the computer unusable for me (VERY annoying). I don't mind not being able to sleep the computer, but not being able to timeout the displays or actually shut it down is frustrating.

Thank you so much in advance.

- Justin

Hello, I am very new to building a Hackintosh, and after some struggle I have Mavericks installed, booting, and running perfectly on a desktop I built based on the buyer's guide from this website.

The specs are as follows.

Motherboard: GA-Z87N-WIFI
CPU: i3-4330
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

I have set up the BIOS based on the Mavericks install guide on this website, and then after running into this problem, looked at the BIOS setup sticky.

I searched for this issue and didn't find many helpful solutions. The computer boots perfectly, runs perfectly, but then has a few problems.

If it sleeps, the keyboard and mouse won't wake it. I tried every USB port in case it was a connection or 3.0 vs 2.0 issue, and nothing helped.

I figured I'd disable sleep because it isn't super important to me, and then I found out that if just the displays timeout (not a real sleep), I still can't wake up the displays with the keyboard or mouse.

Finally, the machine doesn't shutdown completely. The screens turn off, but the fans still run.

What little I did find in this forum about this issue I tried the solutions suggested, but none worked and of the other threads none had all 3 of my problems at once.

I would really appreciate some help as this is close to making the computer unusable for me (VERY annoying). I don't mind not being able to sleep the computer, but not being able to timeout the displays or actually shut it down is frustrating.

Thank you so much in advance.

- Justin

Did you implement power management correctly?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Didn't realize I had to implement anything of that sort, I just followed the guide.

That post is somewhat cryptic but I will give it a shot and see what happens.

Thank you, hopefully it works :p

Followed that guide and no luck. Shutdown, sleep, and display timeout still do not work properly. Also, after following that guide both IOJones and IORegistryExplorer freeze as soon as I launch them.

The whole verify step in that guide was difficult to follow so I'm not convinced it actually worked properly.

Any other ideas? This sucks. Thanks!

Unfortunately as I stated, this happens any time I try to launch IOReg or IOJones:

Screen Shot 2014-04-27 at 10.35.34 AM.png

The application never actually opens so I can't post any info for you.

I might try reverting the changes I made.

Unfortunately as I stated, this happens any time I try to launch IOReg or IOJones:

View attachment 91029

The application never actually opens so I can't post any info for you.

I might try reverting the changes I made.

Read the instructions carefully. You are probably using the wrong version of IORegistryExplorer.

I downloaded the zip attached to the post you linked, extracted it, dragged the app to applications. Still freezes as soon as I launch it.

It worked before I followed that power management guide, in the step where it says to create a baseline for comparison.

After reverting the changes I made following the power management guide linked, IORegistryExplorer works fine. I don't know if it is of any use, but I attached the IOReg file, without those modifications made.

Did I just follow the guide incorrectly?
View attachment IOReg_jtleniger.ioreg

After reverting the changes I made following the power management guide linked, IORegistryExplorer works fine. I don't know if it is of any use, but I attached the IOReg file, without those modifications made.

Did I just follow the guide incorrectly?
View attachment 91035

I have no idea what hardware you have. Please fill out your profile as per rules. System is motherboard. Other items are obvious.

As far as power management... you have no SSDT installed.

You might try different smbios as well... perhaps iMac13,2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back