Contribute
Register
Disable ERP on Bios, otherwise the dock won't turn on at boot

Thanks LeleTuratti! I just checked under the bios. Picture attached.

This is what I have. Is not just the dock, even if I have the drive plugged in directly. Once the machine is off and I'm powering back on there is no power going into the devices unless I re-attach the Thunderbolt cable.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpg
    IMG_3913.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 158
It's a GC-TITAN RIDGE. It has 2X 6pin PCI express connectors and it does THB_C as well.

My bios Thunderbolt settings attached.

Bios version 2002.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3915.jpg
    IMG_3915.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3916.jpg
    IMG_3916.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_3917.jpg
    IMG_3917.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 114
Incredibly it works! Even Thunderbolt devices reconnect after sleep. Thank you!
I don't know what can break sleep in Catalina, maybe the change of kext from L/E to EFI/CLOVER/Kext/Other? Have you tried putting it to sleep with no USB connected (keyboard/mouse only)?
I have a Z390 with an RX 5700 XT and with Catalina sleep works perfectly, but with the 300 series it's all easier than the X299...

I am happy with your sleep/wake working now. Is your OS is Catalina? or Mojave? And my USB map is fine patched from Mojave. nothing changed cuz I installed Catalina from Mojave using AppStore.
Anyway, can you share your x299 EFI to compare to mine. I am using Z390's TB3 SSDT not working HP. I have another TB3-SSDT which works HP first time but not second time anymore.

By now there are many SSDTs for Thunderbolt, almost all of them seem to work, in fact the key to the hotplug seems to be the "PCI-Thunderbolt One" _DSM method on PXSX.
So I don't know among all the rest what the most correct values are.

What I noticed in my new Gigabyte X299 build, is that the THB_C connector prevents MacOS from detecting the thunderbolt card if no device is connected.
If I disconnect this cable, the Thunderbolt card is detected even without any device connected at startup, but the hotplug seems not to work properly.

Currently I have the card installed in slot 4 and the THB_C cable connected, but to work and have the hotplug, I have to have a thunderbolt device connected at startup, in fact I have a THB Dock that turns on when the computer starts, fortunately.

I think the problem of not recognizing the card at startup is the "GPIO3 Force Power" setting that is missing in the Gigabyte X299 BIOS. I tried to view the hidden settings via UEFI Tool and ifrextract, but it seems that the only settings available are those already visible, or maybe I'm wrong?

Do not connect the cable and then put a jumper on Pin 3 to Pin 5 this will force power. If you got a GC - Alpine or Titan Ridge the 5 pin is the one furthest from the PCI blade.

Also I still highly suggest Using Casey Mini Guide to flashing modified firmware to your card with raspberry pi & SOC8 clip(around $70) there are other cheaper options that come in around ($15) but need some modification and be handy with a soldering iron. After flashing the firmware use Casey mini guide for adding proper DROM to your SSDT.

I was one of those people that could not ever get hot plug working with just an SSDT flashing the modded firmware has given me TB3 implementation that I only dream of 6 months ago.

Last edited:
Back