Contribute
Register

Impossible Kernel Panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm. still stuck at full. i can try verbose mode again, but currently, since your EFI is headless, i have my 1050ti plugged in, just to boot in, so would that affect anything? maybe change the slot my GPU is in? it’s accurately being read in my bios and clover

Which version of macOS are you installing? High Sierra? Mojave?

Please post your EFI folder as you have it now.

Which version of macOS are you installing? High Sierra? Mojave?

Please post your EFI folder as you have it now.
EFI unified 4.5.1. installing mojave. as i read, you can run mojave with Nvidia graphics cards, there’s just no mac drivers available to download in order to support it, so the quality is bad (also don’t know what you’re looking for picture wise...)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 100
EFI unified 4.5.1. installing mojave. as i read, you can run mojave with Nvidia graphics cards, there’s just no mac drivers available to download in order to support it, so the quality is bad (also don’t know what you’re looking for picture wise...)

Please use EFI Unified r5.1.1 from my Z370 thread. Set system definition to iMac18,1.

Don't bother trying to run your Nvidia card with no drivers. The experience will suck.

Please use EFI Unified r5.1.1 from my Z370 thread. Set system definition to iMac18,1.

Don't bother trying to run your Nvidia card with no drivers. The experience will suck.
ahh, i figure since you said hdmi to motherboard won’t work because it’s a headless efi, i figured i had to otherwise it wouldn’t work, but alright, i will try that and reinstall.

ahh, i figure since you said hdmi to motherboard won’t work because it’s a headless efi, i figured i had to otherwise it wouldn’t work, but alright, i will try that and reinstall.

If you have a discrete video card installed, you must connect the monitor to the video card.

If you do not have a discrete video card installed, you can only connect the monitor to the motherboard.

If you have a discrete video card installed, you must connect the monitor to the video card.

If you do not have a discrete video card installed, you can only connect the monitor to the motherboard.
Tried everything you said and im finally up and running! i didn't need to edit clover at all! first time i have seen the user desktop in a month! thank you so much for your help. definitely going to look through that signature if i have any other problems in the future!

Tried everything you said and im finally up and running! i didn't need to edit clover at all! first time i have seen the user desktop in a month! thank you so much for your help. definitely going to look through that signature if i have any other problems in the future!
also realizing that this whole 6 page thread could've been avoided if i actually had the right efi, literally like you said in your second response, but im a little slow sometimes and just need to actually learn what im doing so thanks for the consistent help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back