ASUS ROG X MAXIMUS HERO (WIFI AC)
CPU
I7-8700K
Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I’ve been having a constant problem with my hackintosh for the past month where it won’t work. i keep trying to boot in but, depending on the settings i use, the progress bar loads all the way and just stays there, or the progress bar goes like 1/16 of the way, and the whole system reboots and i’m back to square one. when i run verbose mode, my system reboots, and or gets stuck on a certain code (typically different every time). am in dire need of a fix, i am trying to run high sierra from a unibeast usb, so clover and bios, are according to the guide (how to install mac os high sierra 13.6). Please help.

I’ve been having a constant problem with my hackintosh for the past month where it won’t work. i keep trying to boot in but, depending on the settings i use, the progress bar loads all the way and just stays there, or the progress bar goes like 1/16 of the way, and the whole system reboots and i’m back to square one. when i run verbose mode, my system reboots, and or gets stuck on a certain code (typically different every time). am in dire need of a fix, i am trying to run high sierra from a unibeast usb, so clover and bios, are according to the guide (how to install mac os high sierra 13.6). Please help.

Try using the EFI folder from my Z370 build. Link is below in my signature.

Try using the EFI folder from my Z370 build. Link is below in my signature.
i am currently trying to but the process is taking forever for the apple progress bar to get to 100%, and load into the actual apple software: do you know any reason for this? is it typically this slow? it’s been 15 minutes and it’s maybe 2/3 done. is there something wrong with my parts? or did i not inject the right graphics? maybe I should be using Legacy rather than UEFI? i have many questions, but will let my computer sit for awhile and see if it finally boots in.

i am currently trying to but the process is taking forever for the apple progress bar to get to 100%, and load into the actual apple software: do you know any reason for this? is it typically this slow? it’s been 15 minutes and it’s maybe 2/3 done. is there something wrong with my parts? or did i not inject the right graphics? maybe I should be using Legacy rather than UEFI? i have many questions, but will let my computer sit for awhile and see if it finally boots in.

Boot in verbose mode, take a picture of where it stops, and post it here.

this is where it has stopped. it’s been stopped for a while and there’s an additional line of error (kextd stall[0], (240s): ‘AppleACPICPU’.) I mentioned the boot strap error previously, and it came up again, numerous times throughout the code

Attachments

• E7F1375A-5967-469A-966B-0E50306A4DEF.jpeg
    E7F1375A-5967-469A-966B-0E50306A4DEF.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 135
Boot in verbose mode, take a picture of where it stops, and post it here.
officially stuck on “kextd stall[n], (240s): ‘AppleACPICPU’”, repeating every 4 minutes

officially stuck on “kextd stall[n], (240s): ‘AppleACPICPU’”, repeating every 4 minutes

Are you using the EFI r5.1.1 unmodified?

Are you using the EFI r5.1.1 unmodified?
think i downloaded the one for mojave, so technically this post should get moved but my GPU is okay to run on mojave. and actually, i kept my verbose mode running and got into the utilities page somehow. i switched my hdmi, so the screen has a purple tint, and i’m not fully into mac os, but honestly if this page didn’t restrict it i would pay u. u saved me like at least 2 more months of playing with my hackintosh, so thank you very much.

think i downloaded the one for mojave, so technically this post should get moved but my GPU is okay to run on mojave. and actually, i kept my verbose mode running and got into the utilities page somehow. i switched my hdmi, so the screen has a purple tint, and i’m not fully into mac os, but honestly if this page didn’t restrict it i would pay u. u saved me like at least 2 more months of playing with my hackintosh, so thank you very much.

EFI r5.1.1 should be fine for High Sierra too.

So everything is working good now?

EFI r5.1.1 should be fine for High Sierra too.

So everything is working good now?
my system installed the software and is loading into it right now, however, it’s taking extremely long. it’s been a couple minutes and i have only a sliver of progress. any way to speed it up, or is that how it’s going to be the first time i kid into mojave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back